VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

I know what a bummer!

I know what a bummer! I thought I didn’t have to wait for 6-8 months, now creating a hassle.
I am going to get a quote from fashionphile when we get back to the states, if their quote is too low, My hubby offers to sell it for me on eBay (he has a good rating as a buyer and seller). Any other places can I try?
You can try TRR. Through the end of May there in a 75% commission on jewelry over $1,000. Best of luck.

Reactions: BigAkoya
I know what a bummer!

I know what a bummer! I thought I didn’t have to wait for 6-8 months, now creating a hassle.
I am going to get a quote from fashionphile when we get back to the states, if their quote is too low, My hubby offers to sell it for me on eBay (he has a good rating as a buyer and seller). Any other places can I try?
I would try Ann’s Fabulous Finds as well.

I'm hoping someone has an answer. I've noticed that some of the VCA Perlee bracelets are marked with a numerical designation (such as the photo below showing a size 16), others with an alphabetical one such as XS, Small, etc. (see photos).

Does anyone know why the size markings are different?

Finally, is there a way to figure out the correspondence between the numerical size and the alphabetical sizing? For instance, would a size 16 correspond to a small or extra-small?

bracelet - 1.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2022-03-14at4.44.54PM5.jpeg

I'm hoping someone has an answer. I've noticed that some of the VCA Perlee bracelets are marked with a numerical designation (such as the photo below showing a size 16), others with an alphabetical one such as XS, Small, etc. (see photos).

Finally, is there a way to figure out the correspondence between the numerical size and the alphabetical sizing? For instance, would a size 16 correspond to a small or extra-small?

View attachment 5404807

View attachment 5404811
I'm not positive but I believe in some markets, such as in North America, they sell by alphas while in other locales, such as in Europe, it seems to go by numeric. xs (14), s (16), m (17), L (18). Don't quote me and hopefully someone else can chime in but that is my understanding.

View attachment 5404807

View attachment 5404811
A 16 is a small. The smallest is 14.5, which would be an XS.

I don't know why some are marked differently. I just looked at the single row and it shows XS. My signature shows S, but it is the same size as the XS. I think it's because I bought the Signature before they created 4 sizes, but I bought the smallest one, which is the 14.5 size.

And @glamourbag 's theory is as good as any. I'm in the US so that maybe why its shown by XS or S.

Actually, now that I think about it, that must be it. To quote Vincent from Pulp Fiction, "No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the f*** a Quarter Pounder is."

Last edited:
I would try Ann’s Fabulous Finds as well.
Thank you Missie1
So I went back and looked at your pics of it stacked with the love. It looks ok and to be honest I’m not sure I would be willing to take loss of 25% to get new size. That’s a significant amount. In addition the flip side is if I were purchasing such an expensive item I would wait and get from VCA. No way would I pay almost 30k on resell market for item that I can get from boutique and have that reflected on my account. Just something to think about when considering ebay sales and so forth.

Yes so that it minimizes the tangling. How many are you planning to stack
I probably wouldn’t stack more than two at a time. My first bracelet was YG onyx, I removed 4 links (one set between each motif) on that as per the SA suggestion. I just got YG MoP, and also plan to get the YG hammered and maybe the YG guilloche eventually. The guilloche I probably wouldn’t stack though. So aim for the 4 links again?

Reactions: missie1

View attachment 5404807

View attachment 5404811
@Happyish, I would think the pic you posted of the numeric sizing is a relatively older serial number CL****** and the other with the alpha sizing JB****** is within the past few years.

This is just another plausible reason for the difference, in addition to all the other explanations given.

Reactions: glamourbag and hhw
I probably wouldn’t stack more than two at a time. My first bracelet was YG onyx, I removed 4 links (one set between each motif) on that as per the SA suggestion. I just got YG MoP, and also plan to get the YG hammered and maybe the YG guilloche eventually. The guilloche I probably wouldn’t stack though. So aim for the 4 links again?
Yes I would have them the same length

So a relative of mine is a bit puzzled, she got the onyx pave 2 motif earrings & paid a higher price than the one currently listed on the website.
(She bought them a year ago)
Is it possible prices went down since then?
Hi there, I was wanting these and kept looking at them on the website and long and behold they went down in price by around $1200 Australian dollars or thereabouts so I purchased them at the lower price.