VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

WG Pave is not boring! It's gorgeous, sparkles like crazy and goes with everything.
Haha! I agree all the butterfly pairs are gorgeous! I more meant ‘safe’ vs going with a two colour pair. If I wear to get a two colour pair I would still get a single wg piece to have a set that will go with everything. I think the pink will be harder to wear in winter months or for formal events. Whereas a wg pair will literally go with everything.

Haha! I agree all the butterfly pairs are gorgeous! I more meant ‘safe’ vs going with a two colour pair. If I wear to get a two colour pair I would still get a single wg piece to have a set that will go with everything. I think the pink will be harder to wear in winter months or for formal events. Whereas a wg pair will literally go with everything.
You're preaching to the converted! I have the WG and the lapis. Whatever you choose, I know you'll love it.

Has anyone ever relocated internationally with a collection of VCA (and H)? Did you carry every single item with you or did you use any movers / carriers for your collection? I’m relocating this fall and now struggling what to do with my collection… TIA!

Well they definitely have the pink sapphire versions here in Vegas. All 4 boutiques I went to had them. I was searching for the yellow sapphire set now and these weren’t available.

Thank you @BigAkoya, I agree if I ever, very likely, want to add more bangles, as dear @eternallove4bag also said, size small will be better for stack. So I have packed the new bracket back in the box and will call the boutique tomorrow (as the boutique in Istanbul where I bought closed on Sunday, I went there to return today and fount out). The thing is that this boutique may be owned individually not by corporate, so return or exchange could be difficult, shipping overseas plus insurance (my hubby said I don’t want to deal with it. Best case is I can exchange in US, maybe wait some months, otherwise just sell it. ) thank you again for your wise advice.

Where was the boutique? I only know the Swissotel one, which I thought had closed some time ago. I am from İstanbul and the same store operates many designer boutiques there. I am not sure of the exact legal arrangement, but what appear to be stand alone stores are actually owned by them. The dept store is called Beymen. The Swissotel store was corporate and I haven’t heard of a new one but hand not been back in a while (no longer live in Turkey)

Has anyone ever relocated internationally with a collection of VCA (and H)? Did you carry every single item with you or did you use any movers / carriers for your collection? I’m relocating this fall and now struggling what to do with my collection… TIA!

Yes. I have. I took two trips in the months before the move and wore or carried on my VCA and other jewelry I care about on those plus the actual moving flight. I also brought some of my more expensive or hard to replace bags on these pre-trips, but left the ones I use less for the movers to pack. I created a detailed insurance inventory and put the replacement value. No issues in customs for me or my shipments (air/sea). I had two antique textiles damaged that I should have brought with my on my flights.

I have moved a few times internationally. Like Safa I hand carried items that were ‘irreplaceable’ and had the movers pack and insurer other items. I had to hand carry my entire jewellery collection all times as moving companies would not insurer. For my last move to Asia I split my Hermes bag collection into 4 - one set I hand carried, one set was air sent, one set was boat sent and the 4th set I left with my mom to bring over on a separate trip. Even though the bags were fully insurered it would pain me to replace any. So spread out the risk. With all my moved I have only had two home items break and were covered by insurance. No issues with bags or clothes.

Where was the boutique? I only know the Swissotel one, which I thought had closed some time ago. I am from İstanbul and the same store operates many designer boutiques there. I am not sure of the exact legal arrangement, but what appear to be stand alone stores are actually owned by them. The dept store is called Beymen. The Swissotel store was corporate and I haven’t heard of a new one but hand not been back in a while (no longer live in Turkey)
Hi Safa, yes I bought the bangle in swissotel, they do have many other designer stores in the hotel. the SA I bought from, his name is Zakar, could be the owner, not sure. They will not refund or exchange, unforgivably. I don’t think they owned by corporate otherwise they shouldn’t have problem for me to exchange in US.

Attachments

• 8529EAE5-9383-452F-A3A6-54AD9CA2F1B4.jpeg
    8529EAE5-9383-452F-A3A6-54AD9CA2F1B4.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 55
Hi Safa, yes I bought the bangle in swissotel, they do have many other designer stores in the hotel. the SA I bought from, his name is Zakar, could be the owner, not sure. They will not refund or exchange, unforgivably. I don’t think they owned by corporate otherwise they shouldn’t have problem for me to exchange in US.
What a bummer. No exchanges either. I was going to suggest exchanging it for a size Small in another style bangle... the 1 row, 3 row, or Signature! Because... you know you will collect them! :biggrin: :heart:

Since the bangle is brand new, I think your best bet is to sell it. Lots of people are dying for a Clover these days. I would sell before stock comes back to take advantage of the current supply shortage, especially for people who don't want to wait.

I think you can sell it easily.

I know what a bummer!
What a bummer. No exchanges either. I was going to suggest exchanging it for a size Small in another style bangle... the 1 row, 3 row, or Signature! Because... you know you will collect them! :biggrin: :heart:

Since the bangle is brand new, I think your best bet is to sell it. Lots of people are dying for a Clover these days. I would sell before stock comes back to take advantage of the current supply shortage, especially for people who don't want to wait.

I think you can sell it easily.
I know what a bummer! I thought I didn’t have to wait for 6-8 months, now creating a hassle.
I am going to get a quote from fashionphile when we get back to the states, if their quote is too low, My hubby offers to sell it for me on eBay (he has a good rating as a buyer and seller). Any other places can I try?

Reactions: BigAkoya and hhw