VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

For VCA, so far, the WG MOP is my only VA set.
But yes, when I buy my next VA set (waiting for WG blue agate! :nuts: :heart:) I will do the same and buy two bracelets. My VA set would be a 20 motif, VA earrings, and two 5 motif bracelets.

And yes, I do this with other sets. I just really like the “two same bracelet” look. The look to me is clean & bold. I am not a fan of mismatched bracelets as the look is busy & bold. It's 100% preference though and the look you prefer. I think I posted my pearl bracelets here a while ago as examples worn with my Lotus ring. I actually have three of the same pearl bracelets to stack.

Ok… here are the photos I dug up...

From my photos…
To me, a single bracelet is a bit lonely, two bracelets give it punch, and three bracelets make the bracelet more a statement piece. You can see what look you prefer.

Oh hey... and check this out! As I was digging for these bracelet photos, I found another photo of me wearing two MOP bracelets. Look again.. the motifs tuck in! I'm bad with photos which is why I rarely take new photos (I recycle the same old boring photos :shocked: :heart:)! All my photos are natural, crooked angles and all, so how you see the bracelets is where they naturally lay on me. These little motifs like to tuck in! :biggrin::heart:

Hope this helps.

View attachment 5405977
View attachment 5405979
View attachment 5405981
View attachment 5405982
@BigAkoya, I love your two Alhambra stack, I want to copy your idea and stack 2 chalcedony bracelets!

• Love
Reactions: BigAkoya
Ohh how brilliant you own Rose de Noel! They are stunning! I have heard from some people that pedals can break easily? If this has ever happened to yours, was it very costly to repair? How have yours being holding up? Have you not had any issues? Sorry for throwing so many questions but I am little excited to hear someone owning these as they don’t seem as popular as some other lines of VCA.
I have the RDN in brooches and earrings and haven't had any issues. However, I am careful. A few rules: always put on jewelry over a bed. If it drops, it won't shatter. Put it on in a room with carpeting or a rug--again, if it bounces or falls off the bed, it won't shatter. Be careful how you pack or store it. Don't put anything on top of a RDN piece as it can put pressure on a petal. When you take it off, store it in the box it came in or a hard case. Finally, don't put it in a jewelry box with other jewelry as this could scratch or damage it.

Frankly, none of this is particularly specific to RDN, rather this is SOP for all my jewelry. WE spend a lot of money for this stuff, and it's our duty to care for it if not for ourselves, for the next generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I strongly agree on cost per wear being very important as this is something I always consider when I buy anything/everything. I guess my priority was to buy something that matches 20 initially. Whist matching 20, I knew pave one will go with other VCA pieces I own and also could even go with my potential future purchase-thinking of getting RG 20 hammered at one point.
I thought I was set on pave, I almost wish that SA didn’t show me all these other earrings
One of the first pair of earrings I bought was the YG magic pave alhambra earrings. They go with every single set of Alhambra I own, with the exception of white gold. I have a girlfriend who has earrings in every color to match her Alhambra. She finally bought the pave and said she wished she had done this long ago. The pave will go with other VCA pieces. It's a sensible choice that will (maybe) save you money in the long-run.
Regarding availability of the RDN, I seldom see them. Personally, however, I like the mix of the RDN MOP with the MOP Alhambra. Here's a friends photo of the mini-nerval (now discontinued-it was part of the RDN collection) and her WMOP Alhambra. I think it's very pretty together.

8A34A375-1B78-422E-89A5-07552C513F37.jpeg

One of the first pair of earrings I bought was the YG magic pave alhambra earrings. They go with every single set of Alhambra I own, with the exception of white gold. I have a girlfriend who has earrings in every color to match her Alhambra. She finally bought the pave and said she wished she had done this long ago. The pave will go with other VCA pieces. It's a sensible choice that will (maybe) save you money in the long-run.
Regarding availability of the RDN, I seldom see them. Personally, however, I like the mix of the RDN MOP with the MOP Alhambra. Here's a friends photo of the mini-nerval (now discontinued-it was part of the RDN collection) and her WMOP Alhambra. I think it's very pretty together.

View attachment 5406299
so lovely with the gold bezel. thanks for sharing!

Hi @missie1, thank you for taking time review these again. I took 3 photos, first two showing the hinge and clasp on inner and outer side of my arm, the third photo showing narrow part of the bracelet against the wider part of the wrist, which kind of scratch my skin, and uncomfortable.
View attachment 5405917View attachment 5405916View attachment 5405918
This looks like a perfect fit. The bracelet is oval, not round and is not meant to be worn sideways. Mine hugs my wrist in exactly the same way. Moreover, it look like the diameter of the VCA is identical to the Love. Assuming the sizing is correct on the Love, and assuming the VCA is the same diameter, you didn't make a mistake, it looks like you bought the correct size.
Try some bracelets on at your local VCA when you get back home. Even if they don't have the Clover, the Signature and Perlee all fit the same. Once you see the difference in sizing, I think you'll feel much better about the choice you made.

View attachment 5406299
A beautiful set... :heart: :heart: :smile: :smile:

I had a dream I bought something splendid in VCA a couple of nights ago. I can't even remember what it was - probably high jewellery (I mean if it's a dream you may as well go big). The funny thing is I just bought some Cartier (and was dithering between the two). I'm happy with my purchase so it's not regret - except perhaps I am exceptionally greedy and want 'everything'.

Anybody else literally dream of VCA?

Edited for spelling (as always)

Last edited:

View attachment 5406299
Wow wow!! These look so stunning together!! Now I wonder how RdN earrings I have tried on will look with MOP 10 which I own. Maybe I should try them on together. Thank you for the photo.

I had a dream I bought something splendid in VCA a couple of nights ago. I can't even remember what it was - probably high jewellery (I mean if it's a dream you may as well go big). The funny thing is I just bought some Cartier (and was dithering between the two). I'm happy with my purchase so it's not regret - except perhaps I am exceptional greedy and want 'everything'.

I liki your spirit....:smile::smile::smile::heart::heart::heart:

• Haha
Reactions: papertiger
I had a dream I bought something splendid in VCA a couple of nights ago. I can't even remember what it was - probably high jewellery (I mean if it's a dream you may as well go big). The funny thing is I just bought some Cartier (and was dithering between the two). I'm happy with my purchase so it's not regret - except perhaps I am exceptionally greedy and want 'everything'.

I get you. Night and day sister.

For VCA, so far, the WG MOP is my only VA set.
But yes, when I buy my next VA set (waiting for WG blue agate! :nuts: :heart:) I will do the same and buy two bracelets. My VA set would be a 20 motif, VA earrings, and two 5 motif bracelets.

And yes, I do this with other sets. I just really like the “two same bracelet” look. The look to me is clean & bold. I am not a fan of mismatched bracelets as the look is busy & bold. It's 100% preference though and the look you prefer. I think I posted my pearl bracelets here a while ago as examples worn with my Lotus ring. I actually have three of the same pearl bracelets to stack.

Ok… here are the photos I dug up...

From my photos…
To me, a single bracelet is a bit lonely, two bracelets give it punch, and three bracelets make the bracelet more a statement piece. You can see what look you prefer.

Oh hey... and check this out! As I was digging for these bracelet photos, I found another photo of me wearing two MOP bracelets. Look again.. the motifs tuck in! I'm bad with photos which is why I rarely take new photos (I recycle the same old boring photos :shocked: :heart:)! All my photos are natural, crooked angles and all, so how you see the bracelets is where they naturally lay on me. These little motifs like to tuck in! :biggrin::heart:

Hope this helps.

View attachment 5405977
View attachment 5405979
View attachment 5405981
View attachment 5405982
I love the triple stack of pearls with the ring. Both are so bold yet the pearls provide softness to the look.

Reactions: DS2006 and BigAkoya
This looks like a perfect fit. The bracelet is oval, not round and is not meant to be worn sideways. Mine hugs my wrist in exactly the same way. Moreover, it look like the diameter of the VCA is identical to the Love. Assuming the sizing is correct on the Love, and assuming the VCA is the same diameter, you didn't make a mistake, it looks like you bought the correct size.
Try some bracelets on at your local VCA when you get back home. Even if they don't have the Clover, the Signature and Perlee all fit the same. Once you see the difference in sizing, I think you'll feel much better about the choice you made.
I have to agree with @Happyish. It looks like the perfect size. It should not be comfortable with the oval rotated against the orientation of your wrist. However maybe you like loose bangles. That would be your preference. These are pics of mine and I feel the fit is perfect for me. I agree with @Happyish. Maybe you can try a few more bangles before you commit to going through all the work, stress and financial loss of changing it. If for no other reason than to confirm that you truly like looser bangles, which if you do that is fine. You’ll know better next time.

Attachments

• 50DF112B-3D15-44A9-A25E-DAAE8B76FCC7.jpeg
    50DF112B-3D15-44A9-A25E-DAAE8B76FCC7.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 86427149-E575-4915-8838-2F9F7B1AE584.jpeg
    86427149-E575-4915-8838-2F9F7B1AE584.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 72
  • D9D02F57-5548-4C32-BC38-AEF7E6D89697.jpeg
    D9D02F57-5548-4C32-BC38-AEF7E6D89697.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 73

Ahem let me introduce myself @papertiger . Hi, even though my pseudo name is eternal love for bags, I might as well change it to eternal love for blings,.. and I am hopelessly in love with VCA designs especially in RG :biggrin:… btw those dreams are so real, right?:girlsigh: