Stacking bracelets - fabulous or tacky?

The same reason why, despite not being a fan of watches, to meetings or such, I will wear an expensive one, with the zoom meetings, it was sometimes totally ridiculous, top part of me was dressed up, while my legs were often clad in shorts, leggings and flipflops. While I laugh about it, in a way it does annoy me, because it's such a double standard. We're already paying a great deal more as female fashion changes faster than that of men, men have a couple of good suits and shirts, if we would wear the same suit or dress too often, there would be comments or looks.
It’s so true that a watch always commands the attention of the room

Reactions: Tempo
stacking in fine as long as the pieces compliment each other and don’t overwhelm your wrist. As a long time fashion lover and fashion industry insider, I’d stay away from stacking Cartier love bracelets if the look your after is timeless and classy. They’re too mainstream, overdone and fall under the checklist of “new money/no true fashion sense”.

stacking in fine as long as the pieces compliment each other and don’t overwhelm your wrist. As a long time fashion lover and fashion industry insider, I’d stay away from stacking Cartier love bracelets if the look your after is timeless and classy. They’re too mainstream, overdone and fall under the checklist of “new money/no true fashion sense”.

I feel like people have mentioned this in the past but then no one really knows any good alternatives outside of VCA/Tiffanys/other Cartier pieces. Do you have recs for alternatives? I love the look of the chunky gold bangle with a tennis bracelet. :girlsigh:

I feel like people have mentioned this in the past but then no one really knows any good alternatives outside of VCA/Tiffanys/other Cartier pieces. Do you have recs for alternatives? I love the look of the chunky gold bangle with a tennis bracelet. :girlsigh:

If you don't mind a non-luxury brand, Yearly Co makes gorgeous solid 14k bangles in varying widths, styles and textures custom fit to your wrist. I love their bangles for stacking with my Love and CDC. You can see how customers stack with other brands on Yearly's Instagram. Bonus is that it's a woman-owned business!
https://yearlyco.com/collections/bangles-1

There are so many other beautiful jewelry beside the typical VCA/TIff/Cartier and better for your wallet.

Some of my fave mall brands ( you can find some of them on sale or on promotion), based on design are:

Italian/ modern design: Pomellato , Marco Bicego, Roberto Coin

American design: Suzanne Kalan, Anita Ko, Sara Weinstock

Asian design: John Hardy ( only their gold jewelry), Mimi so

Bulgari; Verdura Belperron; Briony Raymond; Dior And many others :biggrin: i prefer chunky jewelry, and I don’t stack.

also, just thought of Vhernier :smile: https://shop.vhernier.com/products/vhernier-calla-midi-bracelet-5fc0d86236d1a00001cfb2ff

But, here are two bracelets my SA suggested I try on recently at dior

AC3EAF79-7D6C-48B7-85AC-0DA403F8B021.jpeg

for a more small independent artisanal approach

@foxgal started a thread on Leen Heyne; his website has bracelets

Last edited:
I love stacking but usually my stacks are a mix of designer and non-designer bracelets.
I stack a lot with my VCA signature as it’s not easily recognizable and I always wear the diamond tennis bracelet my husband got me when we were first married. We had limited income then so it’s modest and not blingy at all!
Love Bulgari, Pasquale bruni, Pomellato and Dior for other brands to consider.
For a casual look, I also stack with Hermes silver and fashion jewelry.

• Love
Reactions: papertiger and 880
I rarely stack and if I do, it will be 2 bracelets (eg Cartier Love and JUC). I feel stacking has the overdone look particularly in my city where even 1 Cartier bracelet is quite noticeable. I have seen many on this forum with 4-5 bracelets on 1 or both wrists and if it makes them happy, I think why not…. It’s just not for me.

Reactions: papertiger

I would recommend the Boucheron "Grosgrain" bracelet as an alternative. They are stunning! :love:

1645260509845.png

As a side note, I stack 2 Love bracelets (YG, PG) on the daily and add two thin WG diamond bangles in between them to complete the "rainbow" during special occasions and formal events. I think less is more when it comes to stacking bracelets, but am loving two bracelets stacked at the moment. Sometimes I feel like one is not enough and three can start to look busy. But each to their own.