Stacking bracelets - fabulous or tacky?

My personal style is more minimalist so I wear only one bracelet at a time but then I’m so old school I think it looks a bit much to wear a necklace and earrings at the same time! Sorry to say when I see stacks of high-end name brand pieces I will speculate if the person is rather insecure and is status-seeking. Don’t want to assume that but it crosses my mind.

I am not much of a bracelet person (working on it), but I love seeing ring and bracelet stacks on other people. Some combinations are great, and it does depend on the combos, like putting together a great outfit.

Reactions: claireby
What are your thoughts on stacks of bracelets? I'm mostly referring to multiples of Cartier/Van Cleef pieces stacked on one wrist.

I think it depends on how it looks on you, what you're wearing, how the bracelets go together, some of them are designed to be stacked, I have seen fabulous stacked bracelet looks and people who looked like they were just trying to wear all their jewelry at once and trying too hard.

Your various stacks are always magnificent.
Thank you so much for your kind words. As you know, I like stacking a lot, but that's not the only reason why I do it. I have been working as a marketing consultant for companies around the globe for a long time. Jewelry is also a part of marketing for myself. Here are the reasons why:
To be heard as a consultant, you have to be (…and look! - lol) successful. Expensive jewelry is a sign of economic success and helps you to position yourself.
Secondly, in a world dominated by men, women have to make themselves heard. That doesn't always work with arguments. Men value women more who are envied by their peers. So when the fight for the position of alpha woman can no longer be won with youthful beauty, one has to resort to other means. You don't have to play that offensively, always according to the situation. But sometimes it can be helpful when a monster stack peeps out of the sleeve of your business suit.

Thank you so much for your kind words. As you know, I like stacking a lot, but that's not the only reason why I do it. I have been working as a marketing consultant for companies around the globe for a long time. Jewelry is also a part of marketing for myself. Here are the reasons why:
To be heard as a consultant, you have to be (…and look! - lol) successful. Expensive jewelry is a sign of economic success and helps you to position yourself.
Secondly, in a world dominated by men, women have to make themselves heard. That doesn't always work with arguments. Men value women more who are envied by their peers. So when the fight for the position of alpha woman can no longer be won with youthful beauty, one has to resort to other means. You don't have to play that offensively, always according to the situation. But sometimes it can be helpful when a monster stack peeps out of the sleeve of your business suit.
I totally understand your position. Your stack is armor when playing in a male dominated field. It definitely demands attention and highlights success. I absolutely love that it’s a monster stack. I’m going to use that term haha.

The same reason why, despite not being a fan of watches, to meetings or such, I will wear an expensive one, with the zoom meetings, it was sometimes totally ridiculous, top part of me was dressed up, while my legs were often clad in shorts, leggings and flipflops. While I laugh about it, in a way it does annoy me, because it's such a double standard. We're already paying a great deal more as female fashion changes faster than that of men, men have a couple of good suits and shirts, if we would wear the same suit or dress too often, there would be comments or looks.

It totally depends on the person and occasion if the stack is tacky or not.
But at the end of the day, wear whatever you want, whenever you want because life is short and gets serious way too often.
So enjoy your sparkly stuff your way :love:

(Personally, I'd love to stack more but I mostly own pearl jewelry which I find too delicate for that.)