Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year dear Scarflandia! I hope everyone had a wonderful celebration. We had an 80 Degree evening so I wore a mousseline (twin with @Cookiefiend and watched the fireworks across the river feeling a bit like an orange one myself! Today we are hosting a very small gathering for a traditional Open House-- we will serve black eyed peas and cabbage for luck and prosperity in the New Year. It's still warm so I scrapped my planned SOTD and am going with (gasp!) A l'ombre des pivoines in a blue as cool as I wish it were outside! @Marie-the-Mary resolved to wear hers more often and I plan to do so as well. :smile:
View attachment 5285563View attachment 5285566
What a fabulous silk to ring in the new year! Love the silk blouse as well! The Pivoines is sublime, and I also wish to do the same this year and air out those special scarves that I don’t wear as much perhaps because they are a bit too precious

Happy New Year dear Scarflandia! I hope everyone had a wonderful celebration. We had an 80 Degree evening so I wore a mousseline (twin with @Cookiefiend and watched the fireworks across the river feeling a bit like an orange one myself! Today we are hosting a very small gathering for a traditional Open House-- we will serve black eyed peas and cabbage for luck and prosperity in the New Year. It's still warm so I scrapped my planned SOTD and am going with (gasp!) A l'ombre des pivoines in a blue as cool as I wish it were outside! @Marie-the-Mary resolved to wear hers more often and I plan to do so as well. :smile:
Really, Lkb. How fabulous is this astrologie?

You are not helping me... I keep entertaining this one. The colorblocking made me say no. But you and cookie are making me rethink this. It is a sickess, I tell you.

Now, if I really want to be true to my nature, I will continue fencesit until it is unavailable except at double the price on the secondary market. :facepalm:

Oh, I love both looks, Lkbnola. I love how you tied ombré - must try that with my beautiful, new St Germain MOP chain d’ancre, a very thoughtful gift from my DH for Christmas. Enjoy your New Year’s Open House. We always have blackeye peas, kale and rice on New Year’s Day.

Happy New Year, everyone! I am delighted to welcome another year as we journey together in discovery, pursuit and enjoyment of our beloved silks.

On this first day of 2022, as our week comes to a close, I’d like to begin with my last purchase from the Fall/Winter 2021 collection: Grand Tralala in the stunning Vert Noir CW. I am still playing with this scarf and discovering ways to wear it, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how classic and timeless a design it is.
397F05AC-293A-44EA-BBB0-12C5F99B4515.jpeg

My last scarf of 2021 and first from the Spring/Summer 2022 collection was the wonderful Le Premier Chant. This is a wonderful design full of charming patterns, beautiful colors and enthralling symbolism. It will be perfect for Spring and I’m pretty sure it will be my Easter scarf
C22FA4BF-7F2D-4509-AE74-AB47E753E6F4.jpeg

Another wonderful Aline Honoré design that came my way this year was L’Art du Sarasa in this amazing CW, highly enabled by @Cookiefiend
6A9AF400-0C97-4A5F-9220-9916AC21F535.jpeg

I was also lucky to score three designs that had long been on my wishlist. I was finally able to find Cave Felem in this CW… It was important for me to find one with a black cat and I did!
DEE12B86-FE41-4CE0-9DFD-C60302D3BEBD.jpeg

Another very special find this year was En Avant Toute, and it was the Queen Mary special edition, no less!
50403251-6965-4014-BEED-F9E7D53A218D.jpeg

And, Ors Bleus d’Afrique. I had been hunting this particular vibrant blue CW and am so glad to have finally found it
7A0DF7A5-284F-4505-BCCA-22AE7F631D74.jpeg

Finally, my last but definitely not least mousseline of the year: the glorious Etude Pour un Iris Arc en Ciel, yet another moussie made possible by a dear scarfie. It has already become a favorite.
FB389F0B-1ABB-467B-AD5E-382CB25D0326.jpeg

Last night we enjoyed an intimate dinner with family at a favorite restaurant. It was such a treat to enjoy a wonderful meal and to toast together. Then, we waited for the new year at home with our children and beloved menagerie of furries with champagne and the dozen grapes that is our Spanish tradition.

I wore my Parure Precieuses silk shawl that I had actually planned to wear to the Broadway show this evening since, once again, the performances have been cancelled due to Covid. Tomorrow I will host a champagne brunch for family.

I am delighted to welcome the new year here in the company of my dear scarf friends and look forward to a new year full of silken adventures
AD8D2606-B40E-4B70-A602-7239E987DBD0.jpeg

Wow - all amazing. And the moussies!!! One more stunning than the last.
Thank you - I truly love the moussies!
Omg, cookie. Each one is a beauty. I love that offrandes. :girlsigh: and that platon is my favorite :love:

But those moussies... I have looked at the brides and passed before. I wouldn't make that mistake again. That Ors Bleu!!! I keep seeing different colorways, but I haven't taken the plunge. Maybe because this is *the* best!!!
❤️❤️❤️
I think this cw of Ors Bleu *is* the best - I’ll keep an eye out for you! :hugs:
Thank you @momasaurus and about GV--I was on a mad search for the blue border with white center to join the olive one, but I missed out on it three times on various sites. I did find a sort of etoupe border one with a lovely gold middle. Still want that blue, though! And yes, "our" Clic Clac is a changeable pink-red-orange depending on what you pair it with. Now I want a 140 did dye like your blue! #squad goals :hugs:

Thank you so much dear @Croisette7 -- for all your kindness and encouragement over the past year. I am always so delighted when I am twins with you as I admire your color choices so very much...

Thank you @Snausages! I believe my FoSA and your ITCW were probably travel chums...

Wow-- just a great scarf origin tale and super fantastic on you @Redbirdhermes -- this exact cw is on my grail list for 2022. I hope the H stars align in my favor as they did for you!

Beautiful on you @Nahreen and how interesting to tie it this way! I must try this as I am your sister in the red/black version. The blue is so very lovely...

Thank you so much, Susie and Cookie!

It is beautiful and you look perfect and festive @SusieAugusta!

Very nice on you @Karenska.

Very beautiful all @Cookiefiend-- a gorgeous year end post. I am :faint: over the Brides Rebelles moussies! You have been a big inspiration/enablement for me this year and it is so easy to see why: Exhibit A is this post!

Just collapsing quotes to compliment you on your grails and lovely acquisitions @Karenska! Of course, I have had the pleasure of "meeting" some of these in person :winkiss:

Simply gorgeous on you @EtsyBoss! My Samurois was the first stone on the path to H perdition. I bought one, then another...

Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi. My DH likes my silks better on solids so I have to sneak on tPF to get my pattern-mixing fixes in!! (And even he approved :tup: )

Beautiful dear @Living.la.vida.fifi! Thank you for your tireless enthusiasm and contagious love of our shared obsession! Your post is as wonderful as always. I am twins on the red Modernisme!!! And would love to find the pink. Your closing mod shot is a stunner-- worthy of NYE fireworks!

Very lovely @Karenska. So happy you found this for your Christmas present to self!

Happy New Year dear @Agrume! How lovely to be with friends and family. I have really loved your posts and comments and admired your growing collection this past year!

@Maedi, me neither--I would be hyperventilating! But definitely worth it to win such a prize @Awillow!

Nice to "see" you @MAGJES-- always miss your happy spirit. Hope you had a lovely holiday stretch and a happy New Year!

Beautiful @Maedi and such lovely colors on you. That KeC really shines on you. How fun you actually got to the sale! I adore them all and Tapis is on my list for this year! Fingers crossed!

Thank you @Awillow and :lol: about rehab! And yes, I am thrilled to have my FoSA!
Thank you sweetheart! The BR is super versatile too, and I love this cw! ❤️
omg… :faint:
Yay twin - beautifully tied AS! isn't this cw the best?!? ❤️
I don’t have a Pivoines (yet), I dithered on the color too long… but I love this shimmering gray! :love:

You are not helping me... I keep entertaining this one. The colorblocking made me say no. But you and cookie are making me rethink this. It is a sickess, I tell you.

Now, if I really want to be true to my nature, I will continue fencesit until it is unavailable except at double the price on the secondary market. :facepalm:
:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
(I saw the blue one on the site the other day - it is gorgeous too… do I need another blue moussie? No. But - it’s so pretty!!!)
Happy New Year, everyone! I am delighted to welcome another year as we journey together in discovery, pursuit and enjoyment of our beloved silks.

On this first day of 2022, as our week comes to a close, I’d like to begin with my last purchase from the Fall/Winter 2021 collection: Grand Tralala in the stunning Vert Noir CW. I am still playing with this scarf and discovering ways to wear it, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how classic and timeless a design it is.
View attachment 5285580

My last scarf of 2021 and first from the Spring/Summer 2022 collection was the wonderful Le Premier Chant. This is a wonderful design full of charming patterns, beautiful colors and enthralling symbolism. It will be perfect for Spring and I’m pretty sure it will be my Easter scarf
View attachment 5285581

Another wonderful Aline Honoré design that came my way this year was L’Art du Sarasa in this amazing CW, highly enabled by @Cookiefiend
View attachment 5285582

I was also lucky to score three designs that had long been on my wishlist. I was finally able to find Cave Felem in this CW… It was important for me to find one with a black cat and I did!
View attachment 5285586

Another very special find this year was En Avant Toute, and it was the Queen Mary special edition, no less!
View attachment 5285583

And, Ors Bleus d’Afrique. I had been hunting this particular vibrant blue CW and am so glad to have finally found it
View attachment 5285585

Finally, my last but definitely not least mousseline of the year: the glorious Etude Pour un Iris Arc en Ciel, yet another moussie made possible by a dear scarfie. It has already become a favorite.
View attachment 5285584

Last night we enjoyed an intimate dinner with family at a favorite restaurant. It was such a treat to enjoy a wonderful meal and to toast together. Then, we waited for the new year at home with our children and beloved menagerie of furries with champagne and the dozen grapes that is our Spanish tradition.

I wore my Parure Precieuses silk shawl that I had actually planned to wear to the Broadway show this evening since, once again, the performances have been cancelled due to Covid. Tomorrow I will host a champagne brunch for family.

I am delighted to welcome the new year here in the company of my dear scarf friends and look forward to a new year full of silken adventures
View attachment 5285587
What a lovely post - Happy New Year sweetheart!
(also - woot! That cw of LAdS is the BEST! :love: )

Happy New Year, dear Scarfie Friends!

I'm beginning this year with a most special purchase from 2021. Les Chats became available in like-new condition with the gorgeous paw prints. Although the price was the most I've paid for a 90, I decided to pay it for this design. What delights me so was finally seeing those scarf cats in person. The artistry is magnificent and the personality of each cat is enchanting. Photos can't completely convey their charm, but I'll post them here anyways.

20211122_182426.jpg

20211014_154225.jpg20211014_154419.jpg20211014_154055.jpg20211014_154034.jpg20211014_154117.jpg

And, the paw prints.

20211015_115532.jpg

They remind me of animal tracks in the snow. (Not cats. These are squirrel tracks located under our bird feeder.)

20220101_111127.jpg

Happy New Year from the frozen North where it was -12 F this morning. SOTD is Les Chats.

20220101_110522.jpg

2021 - I ended up buying more scarves than expected. About half from h.com, the rest on resale market. Happy New Year everyone!
my last scarf purchased in 2021 was this moussie from SS21. Astrologie
9BE6F06C-42AC-4B64-B3FC-87723C0AA635.jpeg

and then my first and only pareo- Grands fonds in cotton.twins with @bunnycat who noticed it on TRR. It arrived a few days before our only trip to Hawaii this year. I actually wore it as a pareo nearly every day.
23F3705B-FA95-424B-AEB5-02E2BB701583.jpeg04E48EEA-8F0B-4AFA-8B75-9E35FB8101D7.jpeg
this 90 moussie Amours from a scarf is friend!
o088D81ED-3F8F-4B24-9A40-5DE801B172BF.jpeg

and maitres du foret. How did I not buy this when it was released?
A7924974-6F3E-41C7-93AD-72DFD49D8A40.jpeg

proof that I didn5 buy ALL blue scarves- chasse en Inde in pink! Moussie stole
6A520370-6C07-481E-8BDB-C2CFBE0E2D6D.jpeg9F27A6BD-B78E-4882-9069-CBB1165F7F35.jpeg
And the fun epopee in 70
33A9D3CC-C9A6-4134-9070-ACDD4D15E824.jpeg

Attachments

• BA1AA662-F656-4CE7-AC03-B4B4E668788E.jpeg
    BA1AA662-F656-4CE7-AC03-B4B4E668788E.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 12
A few more-
Belle mexique in cotton charm format 70. Perfect on a warm summer day7BA00BBA-E27C-4948-A5B8-A12C11E808B4.jpeg60E7A0EA-7D56-4894-96F2-E5A149AD9514.jpeg
Della Cavalleria 140 moussie - found at a reasonable resale price.
76ACD896-D5A4-4702-9A5C-3E0DE990FA5D.jpeg

Tabriz moussie stole- this came out before I started collecting so was very happy to discover this!
8208599A-045C-4894-B30C-BB7BF03DCA5A.jpeg

And my number one scarf find in 2021. Aloha moussie 90. Purchased from a woman who lives in Hawaii!
86CA9BAE3-BFE2-4488-B805-FDB6316DABB8.jpeg
Faubourg tropical
7FECC530-6D14-4341-9721-B232E2E1839A.jpeg

first scarf I bought during the year- March of the Zambezi. Missed out on the first release. Loved the colors in this one
956E2118-9081-4461-9EA1-6F3D31B20439.jpeg

View attachment 5285580

View attachment 5285581

View attachment 5285582

View attachment 5285586

View attachment 5285583

View attachment 5285585

View attachment 5285584

View attachment 5285587
All fabulous, Fifi, and you look so beautiful on New Year’s Eve! I love the scarf and the jewelry you are wearing. Very festive! I’m quite taken with Le Premier Chant. Going to the SS 2022 now….

Last edited:
This will probably be my last post of the year. Tomorrow (or tonight) I’ll model my final purchase of the year. But here is the top prize for 2021: Clair de Lune. The brooch belonged to my beautiful, elegant and very loving grandmother, Frederica. Happy New Year, Everyone!
View attachment 5285264
The scarf is amazing, @Karenska, but your grandmother's brooch is pure beauty :loveeyes:
Happy new year !

• Love
Reactions: Nomad and Karenska

Oh, this is rather a true statement of me, too, Awillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.