Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so elegant on you, Karenska and a sentimental brooch.

Love your fuchsia KeC so much ... and of course your Tapis!
It is Croisette, thank you. My grandmother had such fun jewelry, much of it costume like this brooch, and she was a willowy,elegant woman who dressed well. She would let my cousin and I rummage through her jewelry to our heart’s content. I credit her and my aunt with my love of style, accessories and jewelry.

2021 - I ended up buying more scarves than expected. About half from h.com, the rest on resale market. Happy New Year everyone!
my last scarf purchased in 2021 was this moussie from SS21. Astrologie
View attachment 5285680

and then my first and only pareo- Grands fonds in cotton.twins with @bunnycat who noticed it on TRR. It arrived a few days before our only trip to Hawaii this year. I actually wore it as a pareo nearly every day.
View attachment 5285681View attachment 5285682
this 90 moussie Amours from a scarf is friend!
oView attachment 5285684

and maitres du foret. How did I not buy this when it was released?
View attachment 5285685

proof that I didn5 buy ALL blue scarves- chasse en Inde in pink! Moussie stole
View attachment 5285686View attachment 5285687
And the fun epopee in 70
View attachment 5285688
A few more-
Belle mexique in cotton charm format 70. Perfect on a warm summer dayView attachment 5285709View attachment 5285710
Della Cavalleria 140 moussie - found at a reasonable resale price.
View attachment 5285711

Tabriz moussie stole- this came out before I started collecting so was very happy to discover this!
View attachment 5285712

And my number one scarf find in 2021. Aloha moussie 90. Purchased from a woman who lives in Hawaii!
8View attachment 5285713
Faubourg tropical
View attachment 5285715

first scarf I bought during the year- March of the Zambezi. Missed out on the first release. Loved the colors in this one
View attachment 5285716
What a beautiful parade of scarves, dear Scarf1. I love so many of them that I don’t know where to begin. The Della, the Astrologie, Marche du Zambezi, and Maitre de la Foret are all making my heart go pittypat. Then add the others and it’s skipping a beat :giggle:.

On this last day of 2021 I am wearing my first purchase of the year. I've told the story before, but I found this scarf on New Year's morning minutes after it was listed on the Bay. While Les Artisans was my most worn design of the year, this scarf has turned out to be my most worn scarf of the year. Here are some pictures of my Les Toits de Paris.

This first picture shows the woman looking out of her window, looking forward to the year to come.

View attachment 5284626View attachment 5284627View attachment 5284628View attachment 5284629View attachment 5284630View attachment 5284631View attachment 5284632

Today I'm wearing my Scarf of the Year, Les Toits de Paris. I'm showing the woman looking out of her window on the other side, contemplating everything that has happened this past year and dreaming of a better year to come.

View attachment 5284989
I love your interpretation of this Janus scarf ;) and its deep blue and red colors.

Really, Lkb. How fabulous is this astrologie?

You are not helping me... I keep entertaining this one. The colorblocking made me say no. But you and cookie are making me rethink this. It is a sickess, I tell you.

Now, if I really want to be true to my nature, I will continue fencesit until it is unavailable except at double the price on the secondary market. :facepalm:
I do exactly like you, @Awillow. Even though I live in the country where they are made, I wait until they're out of stock and then I buy them from US or Japanese resellers at unaffordable prices with huge importation taxes :doh:!

Happy New Year, dear Scarfie Friends!

I'm beginning this year with a most special purchase from 2021. Les Chats became available in like-new condition with the gorgeous paw prints. Although the price was the most I've paid for a 90, I decided to pay it for this design. What delights me so was finally seeing those scarf cats in person. The artistry is magnificent and the personality of each cat is enchanting. Photos can't completely convey their charm, but I'll post them here anyways.

View attachment 5285608

View attachment 5285599View attachment 5285600View attachment 5285601View attachment 5285602View attachment 5285603

And, the paw prints.

View attachment 5285606

They remind me of animal tracks in the snow. (Not cats. These are squirrel tracks located under our bird feeder.)

View attachment 5285640

Happy New Year from the frozen North where it was -12 F this morning. SOTD is Les Chats.

View attachment 5285629
Oooh, such a special one! I didn’t know it has paw prints! Gaaaahhhh! And love that drape that shows that adorable kitty face so well

Happy New Year, all! Not from this year. But heading out for a holiday meal in L'ivresse de l'infini.View attachment 5285656
Such a great design to wear on New Years Day when we look toward a new year and the possibilities are endless! Beautiful on you

2021 - I ended up buying more scarves than expected. About half from h.com, the rest on resale market. Happy New Year everyone!
View attachment 5285680

and then my first and only pareo- Grands fonds in cotton.twins with @bunnycat who noticed it on TRR. It arrived a few days before our only trip to Hawaii this year. I actually wore it as a pareo nearly every day.
oView attachment 5285684

View attachment 5285685

And the fun epopee in 70
View attachment 5285688
A few more-
Belle mexique in cotton charm format 70. Perfect on a warm summer dayView attachment 5285709View attachment 5285710
View attachment 5285711

Tabriz moussie stole- this came out before I started collecting so was very happy to discover this!
View attachment 5285712

And my number one scarf find in 2021. Aloha moussie 90. Purchased from a woman who lives in Hawaii!
8View attachment 5285713
Faubourg tropical
View attachment 5285715

first scarf I bought during the year- March of the Zambezi. Missed out on the first release. Loved the colors in this one
View attachment 5285716
All hail the Queen of the Blues! All the mousselines are divine! I had intended to get that blue Zambeze but got sidetracked… It is such a beauty! The Aloha moussie is sublime as is the Faubourg Tropical… And that cotton and charm Belles du Mexique is the cutest thing

All fabulous, Fifi, and you look so beautiful on New Year’s Eve! I love the scarf and the jewelry you are wearing. Very festive! I’m quite taken with Le Premier Chant. Going to the SS 2022 now….
Thank you so very much! I am wearing two Françoise Montague chokers together and complementary chandeliers. You need Le Premier Chant… It is a marvelous design… Can’t wait to see which you will choose

Final purchase of 2021. I found this gem two weeks ago. It has never been worn and in a lovely neutral colorway. It was priced very fairly and it belonged to the seller’s grandmother. The design is by Monsieur Ledoux, arguably my favorite H artist (though that can fluctuate). I believe this scarf hails from 1970, so it is a vintage silk in new and perfect condition. I am thrilled and grateful to find a brand-new coveted design with a history that I will think of every time I wear it. Presentation de Chevaux in tones of ginger, gold, gray, olive-taupe, and cream. And it matches this new cashmere sweater to a T. The first two knots are tied with a new St Germain chain d’ancre in taupe mother of pearl, a treasured gift from DH.:hbeat:
03CFDCAF-A20D-4639-94AF-43B87BF5CF09.jpegA6038D58-2134-460C-BDFB-7DD5AB15185C.jpegD7E9ADDF-94DC-45EE-B8AB-3D70AC6AB2F9.jpeg

Final purchase of 2021. I found this gem two weeks ago. It has never been worn and in a lovely neutral colorway. It was priced very fairly and it belonged to the seller’s grandmother. The design is by Monsieur Ledoux, arguably my favorite H artist (though that can fluctuate). I believe this scarf hails from 1970, so it is a vintage silk in new and perfect condition. I am thrilled and grateful to find a brand-new coveted design with a history that I will think of every time I wear it. Presentation de Chevaux in tones of ginger, gold, gray, olive-taupe, and cream. And it matches this new cashmere sweater to a T. The first two knots are tied with a new St Germain chain d’ancre in taupe mother of pearl, a treasured gift from DH.:hbeat:
View attachment 5285864View attachment 5285865View attachment 5285866
Congrats on a great find. Presentation is one of my favorite designs. And, a wonderful colorway. Enjoy wearing in 2022!

I love your interpretation of this Janus scarf ;) and its deep blue and red colors.
Thank you so much. I deliberately tied it in my first wearing to show the woman. So, I decided to tie it to show her again here at the end of the year. It was only after I compared the photos that I realized she had switched sides. :cool:

Oooh, such a special one! I didn’t know it has paw prints! Gaaaahhhh! And love that drape that shows that adorable kitty face so well

Such a great design to wear on New Years Day when we look toward a new year and the possibilities are endless! Beautiful on you

All hail the Queen of the Blues! All the mousselines are divine! I had intended to get that blue Zambeze but got sidetracked… It is such a beauty! The Aloha moussie is sublime as is the Faubourg Tropical… And that cotton and charm Belles du Mexique is the cutest thing

Thank you so very much! I am wearing two Françoise Montague chokers together and complementary chandeliers. You need Le Premier Chant… It is a marvelous design… Can’t wait to see which you will choose
Thank you !

I'm beginning this year with a most special purchase from 2021. Les Chats became available in like-new condition with the gorgeous paw prints. Although the price was the most I've paid for a 90, I decided to pay it for this design. What delights me so was finally seeing those scarf cats in person. The artistry is magnificent and the personality of each cat is enchanting. Photos can't completely convey their charm, but I'll post them here anyways.

View attachment 5285608

View attachment 5285599View attachment 5285600View attachment 5285601View attachment 5285602View attachment 5285603

And, the paw prints.

View attachment 5285606

They remind me of animal tracks in the snow. (Not cats. These are squirrel tracks located under our bird feeder.)

View attachment 5285640

Happy New Year from the frozen North where it was -12 F this morning. SOTD is Les Chats.

View attachment 5285629
What an incredible beauty - and the paw tracks are such a happy detail.

What a fabulous silk to ring in the new year! Love the silk blouse as well! The Pivoines is sublime, and I also wish to do the same this year and air out those special scarves that I don’t wear as much perhaps because they are a bit too precious
Yes @Living.la.vida.fifi, that is my goal -- to paraphrase the poet Marge Piercy-- these beautiful things are meant to be used. And thank you so much for the good wishes and your sweet compliments-- you always put a bounce in my step :winkiss:
Really, Lkb. How fabulous is this astrologie?

You are not helping me... I keep entertaining this one. The colorblocking made me say no. But you and cookie are making me rethink this. It is a sickess, I tell you.

Now, if I really want to be true to my nature, I will continue fencesit until it is unavailable except at double the price on the secondary market. :facepalm:
:lol: -- it isn't like I don't do that ALSO @Awillow but this one I bought in the Short Hills boutique along with Kelley en Perles. My wallet learned the hard way that in-store is just as dangerous as online browsing...
Oh, I love both looks, Lkbnola. I love how you tied ombré - must try that with my beautiful, new St Germain MOP chain d’ancre, a very thoughtful gift from my DH for Christmas. Enjoy your New Year’s Open House. We always have blackeye peas, kale and rice on New Year’s Day.
Thank you dear friend.
Happy New Year, everyone! I am delighted to welcome another year as we journey together in discovery, pursuit and enjoyment of our beloved silks.

On this first day of 2022, as our week comes to a close, I’d like to begin with my last purchase from the Fall/Winter 2021 collection: Grand Tralala in the stunning Vert Noir CW. I am still playing with this scarf and discovering ways to wear it, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how classic and timeless a design it is.
View attachment 5285580

My last scarf of 2021 and first from the Spring/Summer 2022 collection was the wonderful Le Premier Chant. This is a wonderful design full of charming patterns, beautiful colors and enthralling symbolism. It will be perfect for Spring and I’m pretty sure it will be my Easter scarf
View attachment 5285581

Another wonderful Aline Honoré design that came my way this year was L’Art du Sarasa in this amazing CW, highly enabled by @Cookiefiend
View attachment 5285582

I was also lucky to score three designs that had long been on my wishlist. I was finally able to find Cave Felem in this CW… It was important for me to find one with a black cat and I did!
View attachment 5285586

Another very special find this year was En Avant Toute, and it was the Queen Mary special edition, no less!
View attachment 5285583

And, Ors Bleus d’Afrique. I had been hunting this particular vibrant blue CW and am so glad to have finally found it
View attachment 5285585

Finally, my last but definitely not least mousseline of the year: the glorious Etude Pour un Iris Arc en Ciel, yet another moussie made possible by a dear scarfie. It has already become a favorite.
View attachment 5285584

Last night we enjoyed an intimate dinner with family at a favorite restaurant. It was such a treat to enjoy a wonderful meal and to toast together. Then, we waited for the new year at home with our children and beloved menagerie of furries with champagne and the dozen grapes that is our Spanish tradition.

I wore my Parure Precieuses silk shawl that I had actually planned to wear to the Broadway show this evening since, once again, the performances have been cancelled due to Covid. Tomorrow I will host a champagne brunch for family.

I am delighted to welcome the new year here in the company of my dear scarf friends and look forward to a new year full of silken adventures
View attachment 5285587
I adore so many these-- as with all your posts! My Premier Chant arrives tomorrow and I can't wait. DD received her blue one with your write up on NYE and was thrilled as I knew she would be. But all that aside I must say that your final mod shot is so spectacular that if you were down in NOLA we would immediately bow down and crown you the Queen of our Mystik Krewe of Hermes and you would ride on the First Float Throne with a court of silk scarfed acolytes... :dothewave:
omg… :faint:
Yay twin - beautifully tied AS! isn't this cw the best?!? ❤
I don’t have a Pivoines (yet), I dithered on the color too long… but I love this shimmering gray! :love:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
(I saw the blue one on the site the other day - it is gorgeous too… do I need another blue moussie? No. But - it’s so pretty!!!)
Thank you dear @Cookiefiend! I love the AS and have been circling that blue one also but...I am too new to moussies to double up. I will just have to admire it on @scarf1! I am determined to wear that Pivoines with everything-- even a denim shirt!

View attachment 5285608

And, the paw prints.

View attachment 5285606

View attachment 5285640

View attachment 5285629
These cats have so much personality -- it is just astounding @Redbirdhermes! I so delight in your patent joy at having found this charmer for your collection. It looks lovely with your outfit and the paw prints are just the most charming lagniappe! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year, all! Not from this year. But heading out for a holiday meal in L'ivresse de l'infini.View attachment 5285656
Happy New Year, twin! You look beautiful and I must remember how great Ivresse look tied like this @Awillow!
View attachment 5285680

oView attachment 5285684

View attachment 5285685

And the fun epopee in 70
View attachment 5285688
A few more-
View attachment 5285711

View attachment 5285712

8View attachment 5285713
Faubourg tropical
View attachment 5285715

View attachment 5285716
I just adore all your Blue (and non-blue) beauties @scarf1 and have been admiring them seriatim as they have appeared on the thread! I credit your cotton charm for my mini-BdG one I found on TRR and I keep circling that blue Astrologie, too. What a wonderful year end round-up. As a fellow blue scarf addict (I am on a diet now but regularly fall off the wagon) I just want to tag along on your shopping trips! I am sure I would just say, "I'll have what she's having."
It is Croisette, thank you. My grandmother had such fun jewelry, much of it costume like this brooch, and she was a willowy,elegant woman who dressed well. She would let my cousin and I rummage through her jewelry to our heart’s content. I credit her and my aunt with my love of style, accessories and jewelry.
What a lovely fond memory the brooch carries with it @Karenska. The best kind of jewelry to have and treasure.
View attachment 5285864View attachment 5285865View attachment 5285866
Congratulations @Karenska! It is lovely and I know you will wear it with joy and panache with your new cda ring in 2022 and beyond. I believe we may be twins on the ring? It looks a lot like my MOP. I do enjoy that source of scarf rings-- they are so much lighter than their H counterparts! DH must have gotten the right instructions from Scarf Santa...

Yes @Living.la.vida.fifi, that is my goal -- to paraphrase the poet Marge Piercy-- these beautiful things are meant to be used. And thank you so much for the good wishes and your sweet compliments-- you always put a bounce in my step :winkiss:

:lol: -- it isn't like I don't do that ALSO @Awillow but this one I bought in the Short Hills boutique along with Kelley en Perles. My wallet learned the hard way that in-store is just as dangerous as online browsing...

Thank you dear friend.

I adore so many these-- as with all your posts! My Premier Chant arrives tomorrow and I can't wait. DD received her blue one with your write up on NYE and was thrilled as I knew she would be. But all that aside I must say that your final mod shot is so spectacular that if you were down in NOLA we would immediately bow down and crown you the Queen of our Mystik Krewe of Hermes and you would ride on the First Float Throne with a court of silk scarfed acolytes... :dothewave:

Thank you dear @Cookiefiend! I love the AS and have been circling that blue one also but...I am too new to moussies to double up. I will just have to admire it on @scarf1! I am determined to wear that Pivoines with everything-- even a denim shirt!

These cats have so much personality -- it is just astounding @Redbirdhermes! I so delight in your patent joy at having found this charmer for your collection. It looks lovely with your outfit and the paw prints are just the most charming lagniappe! Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, twin! You look beautiful and I must remember how great Ivresse look tied like this @Awillow!

I just adore all your Blue (and non-blue) beauties @scarf1 and have been admiring them seriatim as they have appeared on the thread! I credit your cotton charm for my mini-BdG one I found on TRR and I keep circling that blue Astrologie, too. What a wonderful year end round-up. As a fellow blue scarf addict (I am on a diet now but regularly fall off the wagon) I just want to tag along on your shopping trips! I am sure I would just say, "I'll have what she's having."

What a lovely fond memory the brooch carries with it @Karenska. The best kind of jewelry to have and treasure.

Congratulations @Karenska! It is lovely and I know you will wear it with joy and panache with your new cda ring in 2022 and beyond. I believe we may be twins on the ring? It looks a lot like my MOP. I do enjoy that source of scarf rings-- they are so much lighter than their H counterparts! DH must have gotten the right instructions from Scarf Santa...
Haha! Thank you! I actually dithered on the blue astrolgie sunrise for months. Glad I finally pulled the trigger. It is true I have mostly blue scarves, but also that I mostly reach for a blue scarf! I have been enjoying all your posts as well. I have fallen off commenting particularly because multiquotes never work for me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.