Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My final purchase of 2021 was, appropriately, "Hermes, Drive Me Crazy" from the men's collex.
One side is a silvery grey and the other, a deep brown with a silvery sheen. It's quite out of my usual primary colour preference, but I could not resist its unusual colour palette. The pic doesn't really show the true colours as it's been grey and stormy all day.
Picsart_22-01-01_01-49-14-288.jpg
The mod shot was taken indoors in my office, and is true colourwise.
Picsart_22-01-01_01-49-54-077.jpg
A secondary reason for this purchase is quite nerdy. The design depicts motorcycle handlebars and a pair of horses from the view of the biker/carriage driver. It reminded me of time travel movies and TV shows, especially a 90s TV series The Wild Wild West which was set in the Victorian era but included fantasy technology, resulting in a crazy steampunk tale :biggrin: I adore steampunk :love:

The last hours of 2021 are ticking away; I’ve been working on getting the office ready for the new year - sorting and filing - and taking final stock of my H addiction, I mean affliction, Ohmigoodness - I mean Adoration!!

So here’s my last post of the year!
I discovered the Giant Triangle and that (oh oh) I do like that size in CS!
Kachinas
View attachment 5285031
Zebra Pegasus
View attachment 5285036

I was enabled… again…
By @Agrume with Offrandes d’un Jour
View attachment 5285030
By @blydia with La Promenade de Platon
View attachment 5285029

Annddddd - I found some moussies - they’re irresistible.
Axis Mundi
View attachment 5285037
Brides Rebelles
View attachment 5285038
Ors Bleu d’Afrique
View attachment 5285039
New Springs
View attachment 5285040

I wish you all a very happy and healthy new year!❤❤❤
Marvellous!

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend
My final purchase of 2021 was, appropriately, "Hermes, Drive Me Crazy" from the men's collex.
One side is a silvery grey and the other, a deep brown with a silvery sheen. It's quite out of my usual primary colour preference, but I could not resist its unusual colour palette. The pic doesn't really show the true colours as it's been grey and stormy all day.
View attachment 5285047
View attachment 5285048
A secondary reason for this purchase is quite nerdy. The design depicts motorcycle handlebars and a pair of horses from the view of the biker/carriage driver. It reminded me of time travel movies and TV shows, especially a 90s TV series The Wild Wild West which was set in the Victorian era but included fantasy technology, resulting in a crazy steampunk tale :biggrin: I adore steampunk :love:
ohmigosh - it ties beautifully!
Marvellous!
Thank you sweets! :heart:
One of my all time faves, the Parures de Samouraïs. It was love at first sight.View attachment 5285088
It is so beautiful! :love:

Reactions: Croisette7
Three 2021 scarves joined me this year!
Faubourg Tropical
View attachment 5284424
Astrologie Sunrise
View attachment 5284426
Grand Theater Nouveau - SOTD
View attachment 5284425
Each one a stunner! Why haven’t I yet purchased your Faubourg Tropical? It is masterful… I know I was waiting for the CSGM but it is so wonderful as a 90! Love OUR Grand Theatre, and you’ve knocked it out of the park again worn with the striped blouse… I need pattern combo lessons from you!

Sotd, my very first purchase of 2021. Sadly haven’t worn it :facepalm:
La France. I have this one and the yellow border. The feel of such vintage scarves is soooo soft and supple.
View attachment 5284463
It is a classic wonder! Such an amazing CW! I also own this design in a different CW and you are right that it is the silkiest silk! Almost velvety, I would say…

Sorry so long!
2021 new design purchase cap up. It’s helpful to see how far down the rabbit hole one goes w brand new designs in a year :girlsigh:
1 electrique gav
2 en attendant Ulysses gavs ( 1 I thought I have worn but have no pic)
2 tea time twillys
1 bingata twilly
1 space derby ( posted already this week)
1 ex libris Atlantis (posted this week already)
1 faubourg tropicale
1 duo cosmique
4 GTN’s (posted already this week, I admit the light pink/ebene might get culled even if totally gorgeous! Don’t think I’ll wear it much bc so muted)

New Years mental mind set for 2022- I definitely have to start the mindset of one!! cw per format per season :facepalm: . I returned my 2022 .com purchases. Carres volant light blue is unbelievably adorable but I Rarely wear my light blue 90’s and am on a 70’s ban as I still find them awkward w amount of silk. Also I realize it’s too hot in summer months for me to wear any silk at all, so just a twilly or gav, if I‘m lucky, or a loose moussie away from my skin. Still waiting for other colorways tho to show up, so def TBD lol. Returned my two chants. I will wait for more modeling pics of other cw’s. Trying to be more discerning w what I have already in my collection for colors. Weeded out the apricot chants because that color is well enough represented in my collection. Tho I really loved it! Freely admit, Chants might end up being the blue/brown in the end, we shall see.
View attachment 5284490

View attachment 5284491View attachment 5284495View attachment 5284492View attachment 5284493View attachment 5284494View attachment 5284496View attachment 5284497View attachment 5284500
these plus sherbet colors
View attachment 5284535
Great post explaining so much of your collecting thought process… So many beauties for you this year!

@bunnycat opened my eyes to pareos! This is a stole but I never would have considered cotton before Bunny’s parade of pareos
View attachment 5284615
What an unique and amazing design it is!

This year 21 scarves came in and 9 went out – almost the same as 2020. I’m gradually taking control of impulse shopping, shopping for a fantasy life, and buying a scarf because it looks great on someone here. My top 5 of this year were Galop Volant, the colorful Appaloosa, the black Quadrige perforé, and two dipdyes. Although I bought plenty of things from the new collections, none of them turned out to be favorites, interestingly.

View attachment 5284861View attachment 5284862View attachment 5284863View attachment 5284864View attachment 5284865
Ok… Galop Volant with that mod necklace… I love it!! It is such a cool design that I want another CW… preferably yours!
The Appaloosa was such a great choice… happy to be your twin in one of the strongest and most vibrant designs in my collection… And, that perforé is pure sophisticated elegance

My greatest favorite for ever is A l'ombre des pivoines with the ivoire background. I found it on a French website (vinted) early 2021 below retail price (which doesn't happen very often for this design). I love it so much that I haven't worn it, which goes against my Seize the Day-principles. I need to change this in 2022, to remove the tag and learn how to do less messy knots, thanks to the so helpful tutos of so many experts among you :ty:!
Love this one so much! One of my biggest regrets is passing up on it. It is so amazing on you and you must wear it often in 2022!

Amazing colors and velvety silks! Perfect lipstick match, too

And OK, a close runner up was Larubizana summer silk: View attachment 5284873View attachment 5284874
Such a delicious summer silk

Wishing all dear scarfies A HAPPY NEW YEAR! with Feux d‘Artifice

View attachment 5284881

View attachment 5284882
And a Happy New Year to you! This is the perfect New Years Eve scarf

Two grails from this year -
Awoooo. It took me forever to decide which cw to hunt for. I felt so lucky to find this!

View attachment 5284915
I found this very graily grail, holy of holies - this elusive Peuple de Vent - over the summer. I was at a winery with friends and excused myself to go to the restroom as a war ensued while bids were closing. (Good lord. I need an intervention.) Triplets with @momasaurus and @Marie-the-Mary
View attachment 5284914
Both are fabulous! And, I actually relate to your story, as I did the same thing walking out of a family dinner at a restaurant one time! We surely need an intervention! LOL

Good morning dear Scarflandia and Happy New Year's Eve! May everyone pass the holiday safely and in good health and may 2022 treat the world with kindness and peace-- we could all use less drama! I am closing out 2021 with a scarf that I had given up hope of ever acquiring, so I can't even count it as a grail! But luckily, it came to me through the Berlin sale and the help of another scarf person. I learned in 2021 that there are myriad ways of acquiring the silks we love! Here is my actual SOTD and given-up-on-only-to-be-found grail Flowers of south Africa:
View attachment 5284949
I am blown away by your pattern on pattern perfection! Happy to be your twin on this sublime silk

On this last day of 2021 I am wearing my first purchase of the year. I've told the story before, but I found this scarf on New Year's morning minutes after it was listed on the Bay. While Les Artisans was my most worn design of the year, this scarf has turned out to be my most worn scarf of the year. Here are some pictures of my Les Toits de Paris.

This first picture shows the woman looking out of her window, looking forward to the year to come.

View attachment 5284626View attachment 5284627View attachment 5284628View attachment 5284629View attachment 5284630View attachment 5284631View attachment 5284632

Today I'm wearing my Scarf of the Year, Les Toits de Paris. I'm showing the woman looking out of her window on the other side, contemplating everything that has happened this past year and dreaming of a better year to come.

View attachment 5284989
I always remember your New Years story with this scarf… Pure serendipity! And you scored a glorious CW… It is such a delight! It has been forever on my wishlist and I hope I can find one some day!

My last scarf friday this year. My latest scarf addition. Selle de steppes. So happy my SA found this cw for me.
Happy New Year to all. View attachment 5285013
One of the most magnificent borders on a scarf ever! It is fabulous on you

With this last SOTD for 2021 I am wishing you all a very Happy New Year! Ready to go out for dinner in La Comedie Italienne. See you all next year! :hugs:
View attachment 5285020(Ah, that pesky little thread sticking out…sorry)
To me, this is the perfect scarf for the Christmas holidays… I always wear it at this time… So fabulous and festive on you!

Happy New Year’s Eve, dear Silkies. You are all showing beautiful silks - congratulations to all on your grails and sought-afters. :hugs:

So I am not telling how many scarves I acquired in 2021.:angel::love: But I did acquire some new formats. First up, the CS medium losanges. The perfect amount of cozy neckwear to keep the chills away from that area.
First came Cavald’or, then Washington’s Carriage. Then Balade en Berline. I love these casual beauties.
View attachment 5285028View attachment 5285027View attachment 5285026
All are wonderful, and you have a great collection of cardis!

The last hours of 2021 are ticking away; I’ve been working on getting the office ready for the new year - sorting and filing - and taking final stock of my H addiction, I mean affliction, Ohmigoodness - I mean Adoration!!

Kachinas
View attachment 5285031
Zebra Pegasus
View attachment 5285036

I was enabled… again…
View attachment 5285030
View attachment 5285029

Axis Mundi
View attachment 5285037
Brides Rebelles
View attachment 5285038
Ors Bleu d’Afrique
View attachment 5285039
New Springs
View attachment 5285040

Blown away by so much beauty! That Kachinas triangle is so amazing and the moussies are mind-blowing! You are always my mousselines Goals!

I acquired my first moussies, Le Monde Est Vaste:
View attachment 5285042
And Ex Libras Madras gav (does that one count as a moussie?).
View attachment 5285041
The one that got away was a most heavenly purple and taupe Splendeurs des Maharajas mousseline 90. Still kicking myself….
Love both, but especially the Monde est Vaste… I’ve always wanted your CW though I do adore my purple one. I am sure you reach for it often for it is so wearable and beautiful

I acquired my grails Le Voyage de Pytheas and L’Arbre de Vie:
View attachment 5285046View attachment 5285044
And the stunning Grand Theatre Nouveau, which I am still learning to tie to show off the exquisite rendering of the proscenium. My DH’s favorite, BTW.
View attachment 5285049
Stunning Grails! Love that scarf ring with Pytheas… and, our Grand Theatre is incredible… One cannot make a bad knot with that silk

View attachment 5285047
View attachment 5285048
Love this silk and your nerdy reasons! What an amazing hem! I loved Wild Wild West so much back in the day!

One of my all time faves, the Parures de Samouraïs. It was love at first sight.View attachment 5285088
Love at first sight for me too… It is a masterpiece! Looks so lovely

On this last day of 2021, it is my pleasure to spend a little time here with my beloved scarf community and to wish each and everyone of you a wonderful New Year’s Eve as we look forward to 2022!

Another favorite of the Fall/Winter 2021 season was Duo Cosmique. Hard to choose a CW among so many great ones, but special ordered this one and the second I opened the box, I knew it was the one for me. Love the design so much that I entertain the idea of adding another CW to my stash.
A6191117-5EC5-4F2B-B118-EE33A106DFF1.jpeg

A design that has alluded me for a long while is Modernisme Tropical. Then, all of a sudden and days from each other, these two wonderful and very different CWs came my way in very serendipitous ways.
C393E2FC-3CDF-4B67-B09B-3B380318A720.jpeg
B6DA8023-13DF-481B-8D62-3FE6979EC809.jpeg

This Bonnes Vibrations was love at first sight. I knew from seeing it on paper that it would tie well.
5BD75E6C-B7C8-4625-AB1F-98165F8E345F.jpeg

Another mousseline that I got with my sales goggles firmly in place was Mosaique au 24 Faubourg. It is a light changeant and very wearable
E574CC4E-FBAC-4DF6-81D5-2BB2E6640609.jpeg

Oops I did it again.. I am unable to pass on Samourais and fell for another one once again. I’ve reached for it so many times already that it has become a wardrobe staple
5C2DF824-9B9B-431A-BDF3-BFD78B8B2264.jpeg

Have a safe, joyful, peaceful and bubbly New Year’s Eve, my dear scarfie friends! Looking forward to meeting again in the new year!

On this last day of 2021, it is my pleasure to spend a little time here with my beloved scarf community and to wish each and everyone of you a wonderful New Year’s Eve as we look forward to 2022!

Another favorite of the Fall/Winter 2021 season was Duo Cosmique. Hard to choose a CW among so many great ones, but special ordered this one and the second I opened the box, I knew it was the one for me. Love the design so much that I entertain the idea of adding another CW to my stash.
View attachment 5285235

A design that has alluded me for a long while is Modernisme Tropical. Then, all of a sudden and days from each other, these two wonderful and very different CWs came my way in very serendipitous ways.
View attachment 5285239
View attachment 5285234

This Bonnes Vibrations was love at first sight. I knew from seeing it on paper that it would tie well.
View attachment 5285236

Another mousseline that I got with my sales goggles firmly in place was Mosaique au 24 Faubourg. It is a light changeant and very wearable
View attachment 5285237

Oops I did it again.. I am unable to pass on Samourais and fell for another one once again. I’ve reached for it so many times already that it has become a wardrobe staple
View attachment 5285238

Have a safe, joyful, peaceful and bubbly New Year’s Eve, my dear scarfie friends! Looking forward to meeting again in the new year!
Thank you fifi , and a Happy New Year to you too!

This year 21 scarves came in and 9 went out – almost the same as 2020. I’m gradually taking control of impulse shopping, shopping for a fantasy life, and buying a scarf because it looks great on someone here. My top 5 of this year were Galop Volant, the colorful Appaloosa, the black Quadrige perforé, and two dipdyes. Although I bought plenty of things from the new collections, none of them turned out to be favorites, interestingly.

View attachment 5284861View attachment 5284862View attachment 5284863View attachment 5284864View attachment 5284865
The colorful Appaloosa is a stunner! Great choices overall. I lovingly rediscovered my dip-dyes, too. Your lipstick colors are perfect - you have such an eye for color, moma.

Two grails from this year -
Awoooo. It took me forever to decide which cw to hunt for. I felt so lucky to find this!

View attachment 5284915
I found this very graily grail, holy of holies - this elusive Peuple de Vent - over the summer. I was at a winery with friends and excused myself to go to the restroom as a war ensued while bids were closing. (Good lord. I need an intervention.) Triplets with @momasaurus and @Marie-the-Mary
View attachment 5284914
That was definitely worth the bidding war. I usually don't have the nerves for that. Congratulations!

Kachinas
View attachment 5285031
Zebra Pegasus
View attachment 5285036

I was enabled… again…
View attachment 5285030
View attachment 5285029

Axis Mundi
View attachment 5285037
Brides Rebelles
View attachment 5285038
Ors Bleu d’Afrique
View attachment 5285039
New Springs
View attachment 5285040

Happy New Year Cookie! These are lovely. Excited that we are twins on a few and love that Platon!
Happy New Year’s Eve, dear Silkies. You are all showing beautiful silks - congratulations to all on your grails and sought-afters. :hugs:

So I am not telling how many scarves I acquired in 2021.:angel::love: But I did acquire some new formats. First up, the CS medium losanges. The perfect amount of cozy neckwear to keep the chills away from that area.
First came Cavald’or, then Washington’s Carriage. Then Balade en Berline. I love these casual beauties.
View attachment 5285028View attachment 5285027View attachment 5285026
Karenska, I too love the losanges and own three. I adore the colors in your first photo!

View attachment 5285047
View attachment 5285048
What a wonderful hem!

Status
Not open for further replies.