Polène handbags

Slow on the uptake with this brand. Got this as a birthday present from DH. OMG may need an array of colours. Fantastically made (gorgeous leather, fav color, feet!) I have already moved in to it. I have a lot of bags, Chanel included. The quality of this is better than my most recent Chanel mini. I am a fan!
View attachment 5214820

Congratulations! :yahoo::happydance:

My most fabulous TPF friend here has made me a happy owner of Numero Onze in lilac! I have to give it to Polene - in less capable hands, this bag could have become impossibly twee due to its diaper-like shape, a small size, and a pastel color. And yet, with its graceful proportions, immaculate quality, and just the right shade of lilac instead it's a very feminine, yet classic bag. I'm a fan! The only objection I have is that the pleats at the bottom cut into the bag's capacity, but it's a small bag so one shouldn't expect to be able to carry a lot in it anyway.

Hey everyone :smile: I was wondering if anyone has purchased Poléne‘s newest release, the Umi bag? I‘m thinking about pulling the trigger and would love your thoughts!

Same here! The person who posted a review on YouTube has now posted another one, with much better lighting. It does look like the zip is maybe a bit tricky to close and open because of the shape of the bag.

My most fabulous TPF friend here has made me a happy owner of Numero Onze in lilac! I have to give it to Polene - in less capable hands, this bag could have become impossibly twee due to its diaper-like shape, a small size, and a pastel color. And yet, with its graceful proportions, immaculate quality, and just the right shade of lilac instead it's a very feminine, yet classic bag. I'm a fan! The only objection I have is that the pleats at the bottom cut into the bag's capacity, but it's a small bag so one shouldn't expect to be able to carry a lot in it anyway.
Congrats the onze is on my list too!

Reactions: JenJBS
You nailed it in describing this bag.

Can anyone show me what wearing the Neuf crossbody looks like? Is it too bulky when it is worn crossbody?

I know it looks best when worn on the crook of the arm, but I prefer wearing my bags crossbody.

Same here! The person who posted a review on YouTube has now posted another one, with much better lighting. It does look like the zip is maybe a bit tricky to close and open because of the shape of the bag.
Hey everyone, I just bought the Umi last week. I haven't had a chance to carry it yet, but I didn't have any issues with the zipper when trying it on. It wasn't running super smooth yet, but the SA said it's going to run a lot smoother with some use. The leather is soft and the quality of the hardware is top notch as usual with Polene. I got the blush color and it's just really such a stunning bag. Keep in mind, though, that it's not super roomy, it'll fit the essentials and a sunglass case and a small water bottle. Overall, I can only recommend it so far :loveeyes:

I actually love the way it wears crossbody, maybe even more than arm carry. The curves of the bag “hug” your hip and feels very comfy. I don’t think too bulky, IMO.

Ok thanks for your response! Yes I saw many people were quoted higher in the store! Appreciate it!
Can anyone show me what wearing the Neuf crossbody looks like? Is it too bulky when it is worn crossbody?

I know it looks best when worn on the crook of the arm, but I prefer wearing my bags crossbody.

Reactions: kombucha
Hey everyone, I just bought the Umi last week. I haven't had a chance to carry it yet, but I didn't have any issues with the zipper when trying it on. It wasn't running super smooth yet, but the SA said it's going to run a lot smoother with some use. The leather is soft and the quality of the hardware is top notch as usual with Polene. I got the blush color and it's just really such a stunning bag. Keep in mind, though, that it's not super roomy, it'll fit the essentials and a sunglass case and a small water bottle. Overall, I can only recommend it so far :loveeyes:

Congratulations! :yahoo: Thank you for the very helpful review! :ghi5:

I have had the same concerns, I too prefer to carry cross body (or shoulder) and based on the photos I have seen, it appears to me that this bag looks most elegant hand or arm held. After admiring and pondering for a few months I have decided that if need be, I can have one bag in my collection that I may need to hand/arm carry to do it justice :rolleyes:!

Last edited:
What a good friend! I have been going back and forth on this bag for months... if you happen to take any nice photos, id love to see them! :love:I cant seem to get a grasp on what color the lilac really is!

What a good friend! I have been going back and forth on this bag for months... if you happen to take any nice photos, id love to see them! :love:I cant seem to get a grasp on what color the lilac really is!
This lilac color IS quite difficult to capture - I tried taking some shotgun portraits and I would say the color is somewhere between the two (one is natural overcast light as iPhone "sees" it, which is more yellow than IRL and another one is dimmer natural light with some filtering which makes it a bit darker). It's not a true lilac, more like blush with some purple undertone? In the mod shot, the strap is pretty much at max length and I am just shy of 5 ft 9.IMG_4002.jpg
IMG_4003.jpg
IMG_4004.jpg

This lilac color IS quite difficult to capture - I tried taking some shotgun portraits and I would say the color is somewhere between the two (one is natural overcast light as iPhone "sees" it, which is more yellow than IRL and another one is dimmer natural light with some filtering which makes it a bit darker). It's not a true lilac, more like blush with some purple undertone? In the mod shot, the strap is pretty much at max length and I am just shy of 5 ft 9.View attachment 5219240
View attachment 5219241
View attachment 5219242
Love your Onze!! :loveeyes: The lilac color is so beautiful! If I ever purchase the Onze, it’ll be in this color too! For now, I’m at purse peace, but with Polène, I know this peace won’t be there for a long time;).