Polène handbags

I was just on their website and noticed the same. I paid 220 Euro for my Nano in grained leather. Now its 260 Euro.
They also changed the names of the bags over number 10. Onze (11) is now "Beri"
A lot of designer brands increase prices but Polene is known for more affordable prices so I don't know if this was a smart move.

Yeah, but we really don't know anything about their costs - of materials, labor, etc., so there's probably a reason for increases. Inflation? I'd hope that they, as a company, have done the cost benefit analysis of raising prices prior to making such a decision. Or maybe there's growing demand due to their social media campaigns and giving out free bags (i'm really hoping Polene doesn't turn out like Senreve or other brands that just send them out to "influencers"). It's still fairly affordable - I guess I'm comparing Polene prices to bags that are in the thousands, and even those high end luxury brands are getting more and more expensive for the same (although likely worse quality) bags.

There are definitely a lot of Polene bags on Poshmark and other sites like that! I've purchased a few there myself - although I'm always concerned about fakes, even if there's no real reason to be :/

I am wondering why they changed the name for the Onze bag though. Seems like they're not into the numbers anymore.

They have a new bag: UMI
View attachment 5199799
Wow.... this is gorgeous. I'm am tempted to buy the chalk color. Someone said this was a hobo sytle bag, but I disagree it's more of a baguette style that can be worn crossbody occasionally which I find very versatile. I only have two Polene bags. Was interested in the dix in chalk, but I perfer this one instead.

Wow.... this is gorgeous. I'm am tempted to buy the chalk color. Someone said this was a hobo sytle bag, but I disagree it's more of a baguette style that can be worn crossbody occasionally which I find very versatile. I only have two Polene bags. Was interested in the dix in chalk, but I perfer this one instead.

It’s an interesting silhouette…kinda like a hobo with the scooped top but with the flat baguette bottom. Kinda reminiscent of the Hermes Massai, which I always loved the simplicity of. But more practical with a wider base and not deep like a bottomless pit, not to mention the stupid price of H!

6AD4D83B-2CA2-4B06-972B-2C1A097E5786.jpeg

As I don't care for the textured leather of the Nano, I have been wondering whether to buy a Numero Un Mini Backpack to wear as a shoulder bag instead. But I am truly bewildered concerning the sizes of Un Nano versus Un Mini :whut:.

I own a full sized Numero Un. The website states that the width is 32 cm, which is the exact width of my bag at the widest/"chubbiest" part.
1632336178638.png

So I have assumed it is the widest point they use to measure width in the other bags, too...

According to the website, the Nano and the Minis are the same width (20.5 cm), and the Minis are only 1 cm taller than the Nano.

However, when I enlarge the images from the website to have the same width,
it appears impossible that the Minis are only 1 cm taller...:hrmm::-s
(Actually, the Mini and the Mini Backpack do not look the same height, either...)

1632336010709.png

Do any of you gals own a Mini Backpack? Can you please share it's true measurements ? :flowers:

If anyone owns both a Nano and a Mini, it would be great to see a comparison photo:coolio:

Reactions: Norma Jeane Monroe
Do any of you gals own a Mini Backpack? Can you please share it's true measurements ? :flowers:

If anyone owns both a Nano and a Mini, it would be great to see a comparison photo:coolio:

Hi, I have the full-size Un and the Mini backpack. It’s actually tricky to get exact measurements because of the curves, so I’m attaching photos. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• EABC1FFD-4D0A-42A0-A96E-D6F989BB0203.jpeg
    EABC1FFD-4D0A-42A0-A96E-D6F989BB0203.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 6ED6140B-CE09-4CD4-BCAB-82A639EA9264.jpeg
    6ED6140B-CE09-4CD4-BCAB-82A639EA9264.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 818FCDDC-F1B2-45E5-BED0-5FC9B1410CEC.jpeg
    818FCDDC-F1B2-45E5-BED0-5FC9B1410CEC.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 45
  • B773F11D-48B8-4C36-9972-6433F1E63166.jpeg
    B773F11D-48B8-4C36-9972-6433F1E63166.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 41
A few days ago I suddenly realized that I needed to order a navy Un Nano, despite my misgivings about the textured leather.
Main reason being that the Mini Backpack does not come in navy.
None of the new bags come in navy, either. So I assume Polene may not be making more navy bags...

Bag arrived today and WOW!
It is gorgeous!
It is the loveliest small bag ever :love:.

And weirdly, the textured leather (which I do not like on my Numero Dix Hobo) is perfect and beautiful on this bag,- I really like it!
(So much so that I strongly suspect I will be ordering a black, a dark green and a burgundy one, too. Oh dear :rolleyes:)

There is no way I can take photos anywhere near as good as on the website, so there is no point trying.
All I can say is that this bag is far prettier in real life than photos can show.

A few days ago I suddenly realized that I needed to order a navy Un Nano, despite my misgivings about the textured leather.
Main reason being that the Mini Backpack does not come in navy.
None of the new bags come in navy, either. So I assume Polene may not be making more navy bags...

Bag arrived today and WOW!
It is gorgeous!
It is the loveliest small bag ever :love:.

And weirdly, the textured leather (which I do not like on my Numero Dix Hobo) is perfect and beautiful on this bag,- I really like it!
(So much so that I strongly suspect I will be ordering a black, a dark green and a burgundy one, too. Oh dear :rolleyes:)

There is no way I can take photos anywhere near as good as on the website, so there is no point trying.
All I can say is that this bag is far prettier in real life than photos can show.
I also have the Navy Un Nano and was pleasantly surprised that it was softer than I expected. Have yet to carry it but it will get used now that I’m back to working in the office.

Reactions: Fancyfree