Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021

LOL FedEx lost my package.
Boooo! So sorry that you have to deal with this!
my friend just yesterday had her FedEx box ($1600 of NAS stuff) stolen from her porch during the ten minutes between delivery and her going to retrieve it. Nordstrom is refusing to help and says “file a police report and call FedEx” Ugh.
I hope they find it!!

my friend just yesterday had her FedEx box ($1600 of NAS stuff) stolen from her porch during the ten minutes between delivery and her going to retrieve it. Nordstrom is refusing to help and says “file a police report and call FedEx” Ugh.
I hope they find it!!
Why are people so terrible!!! I am mad for your friend.
Fedex is doing a trace and blaming it on volume — I could reorder all but one item but man I do not have the energy for this.

Ok, so my initial order from Friday just came in. I just got some staple pieces, nothing too exciting, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I really like all of it, and nothing has to go back!

1 & 2: Halogen Crewneck Sweater in Ivory Cloud and Black (I ordered the black two days after my first order, and it showed up today as well). They are soft, and fit really nicely. Slimmer fit, but not fitted. Looks really nice tucked in too, because they aren't bulky - light weight, but cozy. The cuff detail is really nice and adds a little something to an otherwise simple top. Thinking about ordering another color. Runs tts.

3: 1.State Pintuck cami in Ivory: The pintuck detail in nicely done, and the cami is lined, so not see-through at all. I have a black one from 1.Sate that's very similar, so I knew what to expect. Runs mostly TTS. I got my usual XS, but an XXS could work too probably.

4. Hunter Short Adjustable-Back Rain Boots: I was surprised by these - they are heavier than I expected, but not overly so. The cushioned insoles were a nice surprise. They are way more comfortable than I thought they would be. I'm pretty much a true 7.5 and purchased a 7 - they have plenty of room if I wanted to wear a thicker sock. I also ordered a pair of Barbour rain boots (not from Nordstrom) that should be here today. Gonna compare and see which one I like best.

I got a pair of the Natori girl briefs to try. Sized up to a Small - I always size up in undies. They seem pretty nice and are comfortable. Don't know if I would want to pay 20$ each time, but I like the sale price, so I think I'm going to order a few more pairs.

Husband's Saxx boxer briefs as as expected. He loves that brand. Still waiting on his Vince polo to arrive.

Ordered the North Face Winter Warm leggings last night, so I'm eager to try those. I love fleece lined leggings for hiking in the winter, and these look like they could be a little less bulky than my fleece line leggings from Athleta.

Still debating on whether I should order the North Face Acropolis Parka in grey.

20210721_114708.jpg

20210721_115228.jpg

20210721_115016.jpg

20210721_115756.jpg

Ugh, every year I say I‘m not going to order much, then I keep seeing things that look cute, then I have 800 returns of things that don’t work out. But it’s hard to shop in store when they have no inventory and I do have a job…local stores are only open for an hour or two after I get off work.

I think my keepers are going to be the Vince v neck wool sweater, Eileen Fisher long merino cardigan and tank, Madewell Kent sweater (found it in the eggplant color at my store), hand lotion, Chantelle undies, W&W jeans, Nordstrom cashmere sweater, and NYDJ dress pants.

I still have the maroon avec coat, a 1state blouse that I suspect will be a return (ordered a different size but I think the hips may still be too snug which is unfortunate bc I really like the blouse), and the Caslon camo utility jacket on the way.

What were the NYDJ dress pants that you ordered? I'm looking for a nice pair of pants other than jeans, preferably in black. Thank you!

Ok, so my initial order from Friday just came in. I just got some staple pieces, nothing too exciting, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I really like all of it, and nothing has to go back!

1 & 2: Halogen Crewneck Sweater in Ivory Cloud and Black (I ordered the black two days after my first order, and it showed up today as well). They are soft, and fit really nicely. Slimmer fit, but not fitted. Looks really nice tucked in too, because they aren't bulky - light weight, but cozy. The cuff detail is really nice and adds a little something to an otherwise simple top. Thinking about ordering another color. Runs tts.

3: 1.State Pintuck cami in Ivory: The pintuck detail in nicely done, and the cami is lined, so not see-through at all. I have a black one from 1.Sate that's very similar, so I knew what to expect. Runs mostly TTS. I got my usual XS, but an XXS could work too probably.

4. Hunter Short Adjustable-Back Rain Boots: I was surprised by these - they are heavier than I expected, but not overly so. The cushioned insoles were a nice surprise. They are way more comfortable than I thought they would be. I'm pretty much a true 7.5 and purchased a 7 - they have plenty of room if I wanted to wear a thicker sock. I also ordered a pair of Barbour rain boots (not from Nordstrom) that should be here today. Gonna compare and see which one I like best.

I got a pair of the Natori girl briefs to try. Sized up to a Small - I always size up in undies. They seem pretty nice and are comfortable. Don't know if I would want to pay 20$ each time, but I like the sale price, so I think I'm going to order a few more pairs.

Husband's Saxx boxer briefs as as expected. He loves that brand. Still waiting on his Vince polo to arrive.

Ordered the North Face Winter Warm leggings last night, so I'm eager to try those. I love fleece lined leggings for hiking in the winter, and these look like they could be a little less bulky than my fleece line leggings from Athleta.

Still debating on whether I should order the North Face Acropolis Parka in grey.
I know I’m supposed to be looking at your tops (all lovely), but all I can see is your outstanding shorts!!! Are those Agolde???

I have the circle cardigan in the dark grey that's in the sale and I bought it as part of the anniversary sale a few years ago. The one I have seems to be of better quality (thicker) than the one in this year's sale. Even IF the quality has declined, I think it's worth the sale price. I was initially thinking of picking up the blue color but after seeing it in person, I was turned off by it (kind of a muted blue and looked dull - at least on me).
Thank you!

I hope they find it!!
Smh…its such a shame how opportunistic people can be. This has happened to me once during NAS. Luckily, the item was under $90. Never got the item, but Nordstrom did issue me a refund. Hopefully your friend can get a refund or their items eventually.

Alright, first-world problems you guys. The Barbour rain boots were just delivered and welp...I can't decide. Barbours are olive green with black trim (hard to see in pic) and the Hunters are obviously black with a gray buckle. The Barbour boots hit about 1/2 inch lower on the leg than the Hunters. Weight is about the same. The Barbour boots have a super cute tartan plaid lining, and are slightly easier to get on/off. Hunters have a little more cushion inside. Sizing is identical (both 7's). Would it be weird to have 2 of the same style? :giggle:Any opinions?

Attachments

• 20210721_130947.jpg
    20210721_130947.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 89