The High Jewelry Thread

Ok I’m inspired and I’ll play.
This incredible necklace of fancy yellow and palest pink diamonds actually has a perfectly matched micropave surrounding each exquisite station.
I was lucky enough to try this on at a western Australian jeweller, Linneys.
It also came with a matching yellow diamond ring!! I am still dreaming of these items years later!!

oh my gosh :eek:what am I seeing :yahoo: yes :yes:..my favorite yellow diamonds :love: These are exquisite and so magnificent I am :drool:….

On the birthstone thing, my Junebug grandma doesn’t like pearls at all so she always claims the stone for June is Rubies & I was convinced it was for ages. :lol:

Also, I do love pearls but those necklaces look far too heavy for me I’m a wimp when it comes to my neck! The rings on the other hand- lovely :heart:

I personally like pearls on men (it probably helps that ASAP Rocky is handsome). I think they are always flattering to the complexion. I also think it’s cool because traditional ropes are somewhat associated with older ladies so it’s a contrast. I don’t think that’s ever going to be mainstream though.
In the Victorian & Edwardian eras Pearl collar studs, buttons and cuff links and tie pins were popular and I think they could be a subtle way of men wearing pearls. Earrings too of course!

Last edited:
I went back to wearing pearls again.
(influenced by the pearls thread no doubt).
I got a ball pearl bracelet and wears a shocker(well it is a shocker now, It was looser prior)
I like them all over again.
Your story reminds me of how my mother never cared for her birthstone either(citrine) and I can’t really afford what I really want (emeralds) :lol:

I went back to wearing pearls again.
(influenced by the pearls thread no doubt).
I got a ball pearl bracelet and wears a shocker(well it is a shocker now, It was looser prior)
I like them all over again.
Your story reminds me of how my mother never cared for her birthstone either(citrine) and I can’t really afford what I really want (emeralds) :lol:
I can see why citrine is a bit hit or miss though I like it. I feel sorry for peridots as that is a difficult colour to match with things.

:heart::heart::heart:emeralds :heart: :heart: :heart: Now there is a birthstone! Such beautiful colours.

• Love
Reactions: limom
On the birthstone thing, my Junebug grandma doesn’t like pearls at all so she always claims the stone for June is Rubies & I was convinced it was for ages. :lol:

Also, I do love pearls but those necklaces look far too heavy for me I’m a wimp when it comes to my neck! The rings on the other hand- lovely :heart:

I personally like pearls on men (it probably helps that ASAP Rocky is handsome). I think they are always flattering to the complexion. I also think it’s cool because traditional ropes are somewhat associated with older ladies so it’s a contrast. I don’t think that’s ever going to be mainstream though.
In the Victorian & Edwardian eras Pearl collar studs, buttons and cuff links and tie pins were popular and I think they could be a subtle way of men wearing pearls. Earrings too of course!
It’s inspiring to me because my birthstone is pearls and I have always disliked them. I suppose I felt like I was cheated because every other month was a stone. My style is also a bit more non-traditional, so I love to see the unique Pearl designs and the men wearing pearls. It gives them more personality, and at the same time more beauty with the contrast and juxtaposition.

It’s inspiring to me because my birthstone is pearls and I have always disliked them. I suppose I felt like I was cheated because every other month was a stone. My style is also a bit more non-traditional, so I love to see the unique Pearl designs and the men wearing pearls. It gives them more personality, and at the same time more beauty with the contrast and juxtaposition.
I read that pearl is the only jewelry material that is beautiful in its natural state.
If you peruse the pearls thread(at your own risk) you will see beautiful designs.
The only drawback imo is the fragility, imo.