Hermes Sydney

Thank you! I’m keeping hopeful!
I have to say I’m pretty noob and started off last year buying Hermes online where I got a garden party, which I now realise i should have done in store.. then the first visit to the store was with a random SA but he did give me a mini Evelyne in black with ghw which I was very grateful for considering I just walked in!
it also seems like picotins are quite easy to get? Both SAs seems to have hinted so, and everytime I go in I see someone getting one!
Do you know if these random bags count towards the quota? Or as long as you’re not taking any B K or C you can keep buying other bags?

Aww I feel like it's the opposite ! I put my name down for a Picotin 18 late last year, and haven't heard back about it since. Didn't even ask about B/K or C that time - too scared to even dream about asking about those. What's the wait time for a non-quota bag normally? Or do I need to spend more to get offered something like a Picotin?

Aww I feel like it's the opposite ! I put my name down for a Picotin 18 late last year, and haven't heard back about it since. Didn't even ask about B/K or C that time - too scared to even dream about asking about those. What's the wait time for a non-quota bag normally? Or do I need to spend more to get offered something like a Picotin?
In my experience you need to have a good relationship with your SA in order to get a Picotin, especially a Picotin 18. Just buy things you want and keep in touch with your SA and eventually they’ll be able to source one for you.

In my experience you need to have a good relationship with your SA in order to get a Picotin, especially a Picotin 18. Just buy things you want and keep in touch with your SA and eventually they’ll be able to source one for you.

Thanks for that advice! Yeh I bought a belt before, but the SA didn't give me her details last time. Not sure if I had to ask for it. Hopefully next time I go in I can get the details of an SA to keep in touch with.

Thanks for that advice! Yeh I bought a belt before, but the SA didn't give me her details last time. Not sure if I had to ask for it. Hopefully next time I go in I can get the details of an SA to keep in touch with.
This happened to me on my first visit as well, the SA didn’t offer me his details and I didn’t know to ask. But when I went back again I was assigned my current SA who gave me her card and I’ve worked with her ever since, I only go in when I’ve made an appointment with her and I email her the things I’m looking to buy (not bags but other things). Definately get the details of your next SA you click with and keep at it! Most of them seem very lovely so you may just need to strategically spend in all departments with them and ask politely everytime after you’ve gotten something and remind them you’d really love a picotin (and helps if you’re open to colours and hardware). Good luck!!

This happened to me on my first visit as well, the SA didn’t offer me his details and I didn’t know to ask. But when I went back again I was assigned my current SA who gave me her card and I’ve worked with her ever since, I only go in when I’ve made an appointment with her and I email her the things I’m looking to buy (not bags but other things). Definately get the details of your next SA you click with and keep at it! Most of them seem very lovely so you may just need to strategically spend in all departments with them and ask politely everytime after you’ve gotten something and remind them you’d really love a picotin (and helps if you’re open to colours and hardware). Good luck!!

Great advice, thank-you! Will try that approach of strategic spending in different departments. I adore and would love to buy the pillows but I may get in trouble at home when they suddenly appear on the couch :biggrin:

Great advice, thank-you! Will try that approach of strategic spending in different departments. I adore and would love to buy the pillows but I may get in trouble at home when they suddenly appear on the couch :biggrin:
I’m with you on the pillow! I’m on the list for that also as apparently they’re not all in stock (depends on which one you’re after probably) and I totally intend for a pillow to magically appear on the couch and pretend like it’s not nearly just as expensive as a couch and that it’s been there all along

• Haha
Reactions: LuxuryHoarder
i do all the time, this one was sold out in 1 second =(
I don’t know if this helps but I’ve spent about 18k and I’ve just gotten offered a ML which I took immediately. She also mentioned this is the first ML shes sold! In my previous visits to H all I ever asked for was a red ML and my SA has mentioned she’s seen a yellow one and a white one but hadn’t offered it to me since she didn’t think I would like that colour (and she was right). This is my first offer, although not a B/K/C, I am feeling like I will need to spend more again to get my next bag!

I don’t know if this helps but I’ve spent about 18k and I’ve just gotten offered a ML which I took immediately. She also mentioned this is the first ML shes sold! In my previous visits to H all I ever asked for was a red ML and my SA has mentioned she’s seen a yellow one and a white one but hadn’t offered it to me since she didn’t think I would like that colour (and she was right). This is my first offer, although not a B/K/C, I am feeling like I will need to spend more again to get my next bag!

It definitely helps! but wow that's quite high, I've spent 30K but I would rather the spending goes towards a MKII which I have been patiently waiting for, i think I will try my luck online. Thanks!

Yea all bags that are not bolide and trim 24 are sold out in a flask. You gotta watch it like a hawk and proceed to purchase with ninja speed lol

hahhaha you are right! I missed out yesterday, missed out today. sigh..... I will keep trying thanks for your help!

Hi girls I have a question. I am about to start by Hermes journey (lol sounds weird saying that..), I actually own two Kelly’s but both were purchased resale at a significant markup (one was actually bought by my mum).

Anyway I’ve finally started shopping at the store and trying to build up a sales history.

I’ve been twice now, the first time I didn’t vibe well with the SA but the second time I did and she gave me her card and asked me to buy with her.

But the problem is she is a trainee. I’ve heard trainee are unlikely to offer bags.
However what I’m thinking is I’m going to build up the sales history slowly anyway (the two bags I have already are actually my dream bags so I am not needing a bag offer anytime soon and would only be buying things I actually like and not purely because of hoping for bag offer. A trainee eventually becomes... a regular sales associate right? So do you think it’s ok to buy from her?

My second question is I live between Sydney and Melbourne. The SA is at the Sydney store. If I buy with her, should she be able to post to me in Melbourne? Or should I get a second SA in Melbourne.

Thanks!

Hi girls I have a question. I am about to start by Hermes journey (lol sounds weird saying that..), I actually own two Kelly’s but both were purchased resale at a significant markup (one was actually bought by my mum).

Anyway I’ve finally started shopping at the store and trying to build up a sales history.

I’ve been twice now, the first time I didn’t vibe well with the SA but the second time I did and she gave me her card and asked me to buy with her.

But the problem is she is a trainee. I’ve heard trainee are unlikely to offer bags.
However what I’m thinking is I’m going to build up the sales history slowly anyway (the two bags I have already are actually my dream bags so I am not needing a bag offer anytime soon and would only be buying things I actually like and not purely because of hoping for bag offer. A trainee eventually becomes... a regular sales associate right? So do you think it’s ok to buy from her?

My second question is I live between Sydney and Melbourne. The SA is at the Sydney store. If I buy with her, should she be able to post to me in Melbourne? Or should I get a second SA in Melbourne.

Thanks!
It's true that it's difficult for a trainee to offer you a bag but I think the key is to find someone that you click with. Finding my SA took a few years actually but once we clicked he rained hermes goodies on me all the time and he really knows what I like and don't like. I feel a really good connection with him.

I was offered a mini constance a few days ago but I turned it down unfortunately because the colour was not exactly what I wanted.

Hey everyone! :smile::wave:

I made my first purchase from the new Sydney Flagship store earlier today and I was glad a met an SA who has about 10 years exp at the store. I told her I was really interested in the Hermes Neo Ankle boots and I really wanted to have a look at them. She was really passionate to explain to me about the history on Hermes as I was trying the boots. We were having a really good chat on Hermes and as I expressed my passion on the brand and my knowledge on their history, she said I really did my research well on Hermes before coming in. She did asked how come I never came in store before although I have so much knowledge about the brand. I did said that back then as much as I am passionate about Hermes, I wasn’t ready/ financially ready for it yet. She seemed to understood but yet she was not judging in anyway.

Initially I was interested in the high heel ankle boots but they didn’t have my size in store. She did suggest that I could buy online if I was really keen, however, I said I wasn’t in a rush to get it now or anything and I was really keen on building a relationship and spending history with the brand at the Sydney store as I do hope one day I can get my dream bag, Hermes Kelly bag from this store. I tried the Neo ankle boots and really loved it but I wasn’t too sure of the height yet so I said I would think about that.

So I didn’t end up getting the boots, but I did purchased the cashmere scarf from her. I saw the Hermes Kelly 28 bag on display and I asked if I could really try it on as it is my first time ever being able to hold it in real life. She did mentioned that Kelly 28 looks amazing on me and is that part of my wish list? I told her I really don’t mind a Kelly 25/28 as both sizes look amazing to me and on me. I told her that Hermes Kelly is my dream bag and I know it is really hard to get but I don’t mind the wait and being patient as I know one day when I do get offered one, it will be a very special moment and memorable one.

Before making for the scarf, she asked me if I wanted to put my wish list now on the bag or maybe next time? I said yes pls that would be great! She asked if I liked the Birkin bag as well, I said Yeap but that’s my 2nd priority as ultimately Hermes Kelly is my dream bag.

She asked me for the size and colour, and I did mentioned I would love either a Kelly 25/28 and if it is my first bag tbh I would have the Noir but I said “I know it is a highly sought after color, so it would be too hard to get one?” She said “not necessarily”. So I said I would love a Noir/ Gold and either palladium/ gold hardware is fine with me.

As for the Birkin, I asked her for her suggestion, she did say Birkin 30 is more suitable for my type of preference/ lifestyle (as I mentioned to her earlier I put a lot of things in my handbags). So I said that I am open to brighter colours for the Birkin, ie. I would love the royal blue colours like blue Zanzibar, blue Hydra and etc. and I would love the royal green, ie. Vert Vertigo (so she noted as not too bright/ not dark green).

I was really happy with my shopping experience today and I really wish to work on my H journey with her. Because I really do love their other items apart from just the handbags, ie. boots, homeware, textiles scarves, belts, and etc. I did expressed on wanting to know more about the brand and she said she can go on and on about it forever. She also gave me her name card and said to drop her an email I for making future appointments with her so I don’t have to go through any queue. She also highlighted to me the days in which are her off days.

In this case, what I really hope to get an advise from you all would be do you think I hit off well with my SA? Would it maybe stand a chance on building a good relationship with her on this H journey and could potentially one day be offered my dream Hermes Kelly bag?

Would really love to know your thoughts on this and would appreciate any advise that I could get!:biggrin::heart:
Congratulations on your first in store experience! It sounds like you did really well and your SA sounds very nice. I’ve only started the journey myself but I’ve gotten the dream bag I wanted (mini lindy) after a couple of shops, so i think you will get your dream bag too! I’m also hoping for a Kelly, but like you, I don’t need it right now so I’m happy to wait a bit and continue the relationship building. Definately shop with her and not online, I’ve learnt that the hard way. Good luck!

Congratulations on your first in store experience! It sounds like you did really well and your SA sounds very nice. I’ve only started the journey myself but I’ve gotten the dream bag I wanted (mini lindy) after a couple of shops, so i think you will get your dream bag too! I’m also hoping for a Kelly, but like you, I don’t need it right now so I’m happy to wait a bit and continue the relationship building. Definately shop with her and not online, I’ve learnt that the hard way. Good luck!
Sorry, forgot to say definately email her and make an appointment before your visit and even potentially tell her what you are looking for, so she can tel you if it’s soemthing they have in stock or at least know what to show you ( or even reserve you) . That’s what I do and it’s worked really well.