2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the Kawa Oras that I am constipating ...that were still available (when I checked earlier this week)
)View attachment 4996866View attachment 4996867View attachment 4996868View attachment 4996869
I’ve liked the first 2 since I saw it in late 2019 ( and couldn’t decide) Now I also find the 3rd colorway intriguing. The last one I think I will eliminate. I know..I need to see how which colorway fills holes in my wardrobe. I realize that while I love a riot of color (#2), I tend to wear neutrals (#1). DH called #3 Miami Dolphins..whatever, dude.

see my dilemna?
Right. They would all do different things in one's wardrobe. I would actually go for #4.

Wowza, that is gorgeous. In addition to the cost of purchasing the bag I would have to factor in the cost of a new wardrobe and lifestyle. That Dalvy is just too pretty to go only to the grocery store, which is where the majority of my outings end up.

:ghi5: Yay for rocking our bags at the supermarket! I am with you sista! :biggrin:
Haha. For sure. I would need a total lifestyle overhaul too! Believe me, I'm ready.

Finally..grr..Ive been trying to upload photos all day to no avail so I decided to turn on/off my iPad and it worked ..whew...

Here are 2 versions of the watch I have been thinking about.
In photo 1, look at the one at top with the red band..isn’t it pretty? It is 18k rose gold with corresponding price tag. The steel version is in 2nd photo at about 1/3 of the price (photo courtesy of TPFer post). I am definitely eliminating the gold version (right?) and if I get the steel version, I will get the red band. Panerai is an acquired taste ..this is a38mm version that they introduced in part to appeal to the “womanfolk“. I do NOt need another watch but ugh..why can’t I follow the mantra “happiness comes from the absence of desire“ Is that Spock or was it Buddha? Sorry to trekkies and buddhists, how can I get them mixed up?

anyway...that’s my dilemna..to get or not to get. Sigh.

View attachment 4997408View attachment 4997409
The rose gold is pretty, but I love how the stainless plays up the simplistic utilitarian feel, to the point of being playful.

WELCOME TO GREEN WEEK!

Please share photos of your gorgeous emerald, mint, hunter, lime, forest, celadon, olive, pistachio, seafoam and sage bags!View attachment 4997445

I guess I showed this the other day, but here is my Polene which is my one green bag right now.
E222BCCC-F40E-4977-887F-24C474DBE0F3.jpeg

Up until last month I also had this green Celine Trotteur, but it was not making my heart sing so I sold it.
3599F43C-4CA8-4DBD-88E3-F7B84EAF685C.jpeg

A mint green bag is definitely a must for my wardrobe however, so in a few months I may get this Polene to replace it. And for far less so that is nice.
551704EC-B30C-43F9-B9A7-68D0BDA456A1.jpeg

I guess I showed this the other day, but here is my Polene which is my one green bag right now.
View attachment 4997596

Up until last month I also had this green Celine Trotteur, but it was not making my heart sing so I sold it.
View attachment 4997597

A mint green bag is definitely a must for my wardrobe however, so in a few months I may get this Polene to replace it. And for far less so that is nice.
View attachment 4997609
Love the mint with the teal and dusky blue!!!!! Minimal and monochromatic but with visual texture and interest! Fabulous look!!!!!

Very pretty bags that suit your esthetic nicely.:tup:

Thanks! In truth this is the Polene model photo but I do agree that the mint green looks great with the blues.
I realized that after I posted.:facepalm:
But I have to say, I never would have considered mint green to be so versatile or thought it would look so good with various shades of blue like that! I learned something.... something useful and pretty.❤️ Thank you for sharing that pic. I think it is a gorgeous bag and a great choice. Can’t wait to see a pic of the actual bag when you get it!

Ive posted some iconic me fashion pieces (all shop my closet except for the coats bought late last year in photo 1 and 3) in various TPF action of the day threads: they include premier designer (Chanel, Hermes and vintage from my own closet Dolce, YSL, Akris and Etro; vintage designer (Pucci, Adel Simpson, Norman Norell and Donald Brooks; and, favorite no name coats (like th blue and black leopard wool from an Etsy seller) and jackets; mens shirts (mainly turnbull and borelli); and brunello and pants and athletic or wolford leggings. I dress up to cheer myself, so these are all things i wore outside during covid 2020.

I’m particularly addicted to navy blue pea coats, leather and boucle trench coats; motorcycle jackets and sports coats with lapels). Some of the vintage from my closet is from my own shopping from 1996 onward; some is from my family (like fur; i also buy designer fur from sites like TRR- mainly J mendel and Dennis Basso (NWT for 80-90% off) for reasons of experimentation and sustainability). Some items i hold onto (like the pucci suit for many years before i find a pattern cutter who is willing to piece it together to fit me— it was originally a long skirt so I knew there was enough fabric to fit. The crop top in the second to last picture is from an old store called Alan BIlzarian on Newbury St, Boston. Its part of a three piece dress i wore the night before my wedding in 1991. Even my sunglasses are vintage from my own closet. The burgundy ones were morganthal from the 1990s when they came in plastic. The blue ones are from 2020, when they came in horn. DH is constantly after me to clean out the closet :biggrin:

Note: when i started buying chanel jackets, they were 1K and there were plenty of things (including seasonal bags and WOC in fabric and other materials — i think i paid 150 or 250 usd for an olive green printed one, phw) that went to 60% off twice yearly at the 57th st. boutique. My style hasn’t changed much over the years and I’m still fond of bargains and repurposing what you have: whether its recutting an outfit or recoloring a bag. I’m not a minimalist to put it mildly, and i can easily imagine carrying the art bags with any of these outfits except for the pink pucci (i dont often wear the pucci separates together but rather with denim or t shirts). I’m also more likely to buy pants at full price, bc well, pants that fit are priceless).

for @BowieFan1971, my favorite scarf isnt an hermes. Its a velvet etro scarf that was part of the Eden hotel, Rome, lobby display in the 1990’s. DH and I were staying at the hotel and begged them to take the scarf out. They finally relented the day before we left the hotel (Not because of our begging per se. I think etro boutique decided to change their display). Which goes to show the difference between store policies in the US and in Europe. It was the equivalent of 795 usd at the time which was a big splurge for me. i wear it maybe twice a year at most to preserve it.
My favorite item is a cream synthetic issey miyake jacket with a tan faux fur collar that i bought in 1992. It looks like opaque matte bubble wrap and is lined in powder blue fleece. I wear it maybe once every five years At most.
. View attachment 4976313 View attachment 4976314:View attachment 4976319 View attachment 4976330 View attachment 4976335 View attachment 4976338 View attachment 4976341 View attachment 4976339 View attachment 4976342 View attachment 4976343 View attachment 4976344 View attachment 4976345
Thanks for the model shots. Your style is amazing!

So I did this thing... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: View attachment 4976570
I love it! It’s a 70...perfect size cuz I can tie it on my bag if I get too warm. Found it in the first 5 minutes, but continued to look. Saw some beautiful scarves for another day and looked at bags too. Really like the Picotin. My SA, Cesar, was super nice without being phony and really generous and welcoming. I had a wonderful time!View attachment 4976573
It looks lovely on you. Perfect color. Have fun!

Thanks doni! Congratulations again on your bag sales/outs!

Nerd Alert: Red Lipsticks
I have tried and rejected many red lipsticks over the years. I believe there is a shade of red for everyone.
1) Research
  • Colouring, Good old Google does not let me down, first I search for “how to choose a red lipstick for your skin tone.” This Allure article is pretty good, https://www.allure.com/gallery/the-best-red-lipsticks-for-your-skin-tone
  • Universal Reds, Second, there are “universal reds” that are supposed to look great on a number of skin tones. Glamour has a good article, I love the pictures with different models, https://www.glamour.com/story/best-red-lipstick
  • Format, Do you like a matte, satin or sheer feel/finish?
  • Application Type, Do you prefer a pencil, wand or tube?
  • Preference of Shade, Do you prefer coral, true red, brick red, etc.
  • Brand/Price, Do you have favourite brands you want to stick with? I have lipsticks from across the price spectrum. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get a good lipstick.
  • More research, reviews, swatches, If you google the name of the lipstick you’re interested in, there’s a high likelihood you’ll be able to find a review. Look for someone who has similar colouring to yours and it will help you envision if you might like that shade. I also like to see swatches of the lipstick, in addition to colour it gives me indications of textures (glossy vs. matte) and it can help narrow down competing shades if I’m considering multiple shades in the same product line.
2) Buy It and Try It, If you are new to red lipstick, I might ask you to consider applying it and pressing your lips together with a tissue to reduce the intensity or apply a sheer layer with a light hand or add a lip gloss on top. If you like the look and want to go bolder add another layer. Resist the urge to toss a new lipstick after the first try. Try it a second time, using a lighter hand or blotting if it was too intense the first time. Take a picture of yourself and look at the picture to see if you like it.

Here are the current red lipsticks in my collection.
  • Maybelline 385 Ruby For Me Color Sensational Made For All Lipstick
  • MAC 640 Red Rock Matte Lipstick
  • Tom Ford 35 Sonja Lip Color Sheer
  • YSL 401 Rouge Vinyle Vernis A Levres Vinyl Cream
  • YSL 11 Rouge Gouache Rouge Pur Couture
  • YSL 46 Rouge Fusain Rouge Pur Couture
  • NARS Cruella Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
  • NARS Mysterious Red Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
  • Revlon 250 Standout Colorburst Matte Balm
I hope it helps. To everyone, what’s your favorite lipstick?

View attachment 4977015View attachment 4977016View attachment 4977017View attachment 4977018View attachment 4977019View attachment 4977020View attachment 4977021View attachment 4977022View attachment 4977023
Okay, I'll play! After lot of trial and error (and after rejecting MANY Chanel lippies, which I had always assumed were the best) I finally settled on MAC #201 Brave Red, in their Creme Sheen formula. It goes on smoothly, it stays put, and it's flattering to my fair skin tone. It's a true "blue" red, with no brown in it, and also no yellow or orange. It also glides on well without any sort of base.

@ElainePG I'm thinking you would have started physiotherapy by now (?)...I sincerely hope it is going well and not causing you any pain. :flowers:

I did my best to catch up but am certain I've left people out again! :lol:
What a great memory you have, @jblended ! I know I've been MIA on this thread, and now I have 60 pages to catch up on. Yikes!

I don't start physiotherapy for another month. But I am finding it easier to move (though still not allowed to bend or twist my neck, nor to lift anothing over 5 pounds). Fortunately The Hubster is a lovely man and does all necessary schlepping. :heart: