2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he kind of escalated that quickly.
I’m always surprised that sellers on various sites seem to... not sure what the right phrase is... get offended almost when someone tries to bargain for something. People list things over the retail new price, even for something that’s been used, and then don’t play ball at all in terms of negotiating.

I can understand it being annoying when someone low balls you. I usually try not to do that. But I made an offer on something the other day where the item was massively overpriced above retail. I didn’t even offer below retail, but something somewhat down from their price and after not much back and forth they just declined the whole situation instead of re-offering their previous price. Usually I take the latter as a sign of ‘this is my lowest offer.’ The flat out decline feels a bit like a slap in the face lol, like ‘no I have decided I won’t even sell this to you now at all.’ Like geez... it’s just business folks.
I hate lowballs too, but if their item is selling right now for a lot less and they didn’t get anywhere near their price on auction...then that means your price is too high. Tat was why I gave the comparable info...to show I had a reason to request a lower price.A simple “no, thanks” would suffice. That was my only communication with him. I never even made an offer. :lol:

But I am sure he got to spin it in his “the social media” postings...

Here are the Kawa Oras that I am constipating ...that were still available (when I checked earlier this week)
)916BA613-B605-4B9C-BC97-7AE490BF553E.jpegB91FC8A0-1CC4-49FB-B9ED-4AD06D6CC3B7.jpegC3471EA6-0158-4443-905E-1057ABF565E3.jpeg40F0A6A8-2811-44C9-8168-04634F3A8EEC.jpeg
I’ve liked the first 2 since I saw it in late 2019 ( and couldn’t decide) Now I also find the 3rd colorway intriguing. The last one I think I will eliminate. I know..I need to see how which colorway fills holes in my wardrobe. I realize that while I love a riot of color (#2), I tend to wear neutrals (#1). DH called #3 Miami Dolphins..whatever, dude.

see my dilemna?

Here are the Kawa Oras that I am constipating ...that were still available (when I checked earlier this week)
)View attachment 4996866View attachment 4996867View attachment 4996868View attachment 4996869
I’ve liked the first 2 since I saw it in late 2019 ( and couldn’t decide) Now I also find the 3rd colorway intriguing. The last one I think I will eliminate. I know..I need to see how which colorway fills holes in my wardrobe. I realize that while I love a riot of color (#2), I tend to wear neutrals (#1). DH called #3 Miami Dolphins..whatever, dude.

see my dilemna?
Number 3!!!!!!!!!!!

)View attachment 4996866View attachment 4996867View attachment 4996868View attachment 4996869

see my dilemna?
The first two are the ones on my mind, too! I loved the fuchsia first and then the ivoire/marine has grown on me.
Your comment, I realize that while I love a riot of color (#2), I tend to wear neutrals (#1), makes me lean towards recommending #2 as long as you will wear it, if not then get #1. Good luck deciding. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.

February update

Sold this month for funding of Chanel 21P Caramel Coco Handle or Mini and Chanel 21S Mini Top Handle in black:

- 4 Coach bags
- 1 Balmain B-Buzz
- Chanel 20A Mini Reissue Rainbow (with some profit)
- Chanel Gabrielle Small with handle

Now ready for the Chanel call
Congratulations on your sales! I hope you get the call soon.

Ah Saturday! I am taking the day off
Here is my yellow/orange week contribution (I am going to use our color showcase to guide my bag changes)
Switching out of my Tods pink tote (which I’ve been carrying since at least 1/4 per photo date stamp) to the Chloe Baylee-caramel/chocolate (Chloe calls it “yummy cookie”..isn’t that cute?) And a bag spill for good measure. Actually it’s high time for an SLG change ..ok next week

(Oh well..unable to upload photo of my Tods..gah)View attachment 4996842)
Great bag spill essiedub. I love your SLGs and your wonderful dual colour Baylee. Do you find yourself wearing the same colour facing outwards or do you regularly flip it?

The first two are the ones on my mind, too! I loved the fuchsia first and then the ivoire/marine has grown on me.
Your comment, I realize that while I love a riot of color (#2), I tend to wear neutrals (#1), makes me lean towards recommending #2 as long as you will wear it, if not then get #1. Good luck deciding. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.

I did, with #4! :lol: I really wanted a Kawa Ora and the other choice in that store was something very vivid (possibly #2) and I chickened out and went for the blues. Blue is my favorite color, and I love neutrals, but somehow for me this is the Scarf of Sadness. I need to get my act together and send it off to Vestiaire in hopes that for someone else it will be better. (Maybe someone who wears a lot more denim than me? It's got a lovely sheen.)

I later got the CGSM version of #1, with a deep blue hem, and I love it a lot. It is a bit more sedate than #2 or 3, though.

Last edited:
I am like you. I have two backpacks from the same company. One is slightly smaller and I will it as a bag so I count it with my regular bags . The other is a bit bigger and has a travel sleeve and I only wear that for travel so that gets counted in my sport/ travel stuff not with my bags.

I get this. I've owned quite a few travel bags (and way too many travel accessories) by Tom Bihn (designed and sewn in Seattle, and the Aeronaut is brilliant) but his aesthetic is generally way too casual for me to consider even his small day bags "purses". But a dozen years ago I did carry his ballistic nylon knitting bag around as a tote. So it's in my list. A structurally almost identical bag in dyneema ripstop? Lives with reusable shopping bags, not in the list. My brain is weird. :facepalm:

Ah Saturday! I am taking the day off
Here is my yellow/orange week contribution (I am going to use our color showcase to guide my bag changes)
Switching out of my Tods pink tote (which I’ve been carrying since at least 1/4 per photo date stamp) to the Chloe Baylee-caramel/chocolate (Chloe calls it “yummy cookie”..isn’t that cute?) And a bag spill for good measure. Actually it’s high time for an SLG change ..ok next week

(Oh well..unable to upload photo of my Tods..gah)View attachment 4996842)
Super cute bag - I love that its tri-colored - and I love a bag spill! (And bright SLGs❤️)

You’re one fashionable errand lady!! :heart::smile:

Ha ha, thanks! Actually nowadays I´m not fashionable at all- the Delidior had the hard job to upgrade my awful "outfit" of hoody, sweatpants, sneakers and checked vintage coat... plus I don´t go anywhere but the supermarket. For my bags this means go there or stay at home in their dustbags.

What a pretentious ass. Dude

You encountered a fine specimen of the bad attitude sellers! Unfortunately they are out there and from time to time one crosses their paths. I always wonder do they want to sell at all or do they get their kicks from being rude or even bigger kicks from the unlikely event of selling to somebody who is clueless and pays the over the top asking price?

So chic - I love it! ❤

Thank-you so much!

and then don’t play ball at all

Annoying, isn´t it? As soon as there is an option to make an offer I do expect a little ballgame- it´s part of the fun!

I hate lowballs too, but if their item is selling right now for a lot less and they didn’t get anywhere near their price on auction...then that means your price is too high. Tat was why I gave the comparable info...to show I had a reason to request a lower price.A simple “no, thanks” would suffice. That was my only communication with him. I never even made an offer. :lol:

But I am sure he got to spin it in his “the social media” postings...

The fact that he calls it ‘the social media’ sort of tells you all you need to know...:lol:

February update

Sold this month for funding of Chanel 21P Caramel Coco Handle or Mini and Chanel 21S Mini Top Handle in black:

- 4 Coach bags
- 1 Balmain B-Buzz
- Chanel 20A Mini Reissue Rainbow (with some profit)
- Chanel Gabrielle Small with handle

Now ready for the Chanel call

Congrats on your sales! Always nice to make a little profit on a bag!