2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BowieFan1971 I really love your question about iconic pieces in our wardrobe. It is so thought provoking. I really enjoy the additional view into our Pocket Friends’ personality, style and lifestyle.

Here’s a few of my favourites -
  • Shoes - ankle boots are a staple through fall and winter, Loeffler Randall Kassidy Kitten Heel Bootie in Gold Textile, Frye Ellen Deco Buckle Short
  • Bottoms - jeggings, dark grey and dark blue
  • Tops - cashmere sweaters, black and grey
  • Blazers - Banana Republic Leopard Print Car Coat, Etoile Isabel Marant Black Tweed Blazer, Eileen Fisher Tweed Long Jacket
  • Scarves - so many ways to add a finishing touch, so many styles, colours and looks, Hermes Le Jardin de la Maharani silk 90 cm, Hermes Jaguar Quetzal Chale Cashmere CSGM
In the excitement of gathering items for the pic I forgot my favourite bags. :giggle: My current favourite bags:
  • Hermes Etain Bolide 31
  • Chanel Small Burgundy Quilted Caviar Lizard Coco Handle and today’s bag
  • Chanel Red Reissue 226
  • Chanel Black Reissue 226
Other elements that are part of my daily armour,
  • Red lipstick
  • Diamond stud earrings
  • Necklace, gold and diamond pendant or white gold and diamond pendant
  • Bracelets, David Yurman Rose Gold Renaissance Bracelet and Bvlgari Rose Gold B.Zero1 Bangle Bracelet or White Gold Diamond Bangle stacked with Hermes leather bracelets
  • Rings, engagement ring, wedding band, channel set diamond anniversary ring, Birks White Gold and Diamond Snowflake Ring
  • Watch, Apple Watch
  • Glasses, I am blind without them!
View attachment 4976624View attachment 4976625
I love your thoughtful curation and color and texture choices! And your color palette for the scarves! May I ask what pattern and colorway is top right, photo #6? Hugs

Ok, so notes on my experience...
I likened it to my DH (who loved the scarf, which I am realizing more and more is just ME!) to a piece of really good chocolate. Decadent, delicious, crave-able and definitely to be enjoyed again. But on occasion and in moderation. It was special, but I don’t think I would like it so much if I went often. It would not be as special. I could have gone in a few other stores...Dior was across the street and Etro was around the corner...but while I looked in their windows, I did not want to go in because I wanted to savor the experience I had just had and chose to go home. I could see myself going once a year to Hermès to treat myself, to select and buy more than to just look/browse. The SA was sweet...after he wrapped it, I reminded him I said I wanted to wear it out, which he loved, so he took it out of the box, put it on me and arranged it, then retied the empty box after I asked him to so I could have the thrill of untying the box when I got home.

I really liked the Picotin 18, way more than I anticipated liking an Hermès bag. I could see selling a few LVs to make that happen. They did not have it in Gold, but I saw the gold leather and tried Picotins in black in 18 and 22. The leather was impressive, the design simple but distinctive, the lock detail was special and it was not heavy. And the price point was nice. Gold or orange would be nice!

I am so glad I went. And so happy I found something special that was everything I could have wanted...natural with a pop of color, non-traditional design that is happy and elegant, an iconic element (the pop of orange and the H) and I will not see it everywhere. Even the SA hadn’t remembered seeing it before but loved it and I got the only one they had. It is an item that makes me giddy...today was perfect!

January Update, Stats and Challenges
  • January Challenges
    • Take the tag off and wear it- least worn bags
      • Vintage Black Snakeskin Clutch - 2x
      • Longchamp Le Pliage - 2x
      • Chanel Red Lambskin Wallet on Chain - 2x
      • Chanel Black Patent Coco Shine Small Flap -2x /
    • Date Night Bag- wore four date night bags
      • Vintage Black Snakeskin Clutch - 2x
      • Chanel Red Lambskin Wallet on Chain - 2x
      • Chanel Black Patent Coco Shine Small Flap - 2x
      • Chanel Black Caviar Wallet on Chain - 2x
    • Empty the Larder/pantry/freezer - moderate, did some, needs more workCarried 17 bags / 17
  • Wore 16 scarves/shawls
  • Read 2 books
  • Cleaned 3 kitchen drawers and 3 kitchen cupboard shelves with vinegar and water, replaced shelf liner where needed; need to continue through the remaining drawers and cupboard shelves
  • Exited 67 items: household items, clothes, etc.
Jan 2021 Stats
Bags - 0 in, 0 out
SLGs - 0 in, 0 out
These are great stats! Congratulations!
January Stats

None in, None Out
Used bags- Chanel Deauville and Palms Springs mm, Chanel square mini as a wallet inside the bags/ grab and go

- Cleaned out the kitchen cupboards of storage items that are broken or no longer in use.
- Cleared out my maternity / early motherhood clothes that are no longer needed!
- Purchased a couple colder weather clothing items

Next steps:
Clean out my pouch collection of things I don't need
Possible purchase: a standing desk for my workstation
Possible purchase: a red or pink Chanel piece for LNY
Fabulous! I'm going to have to at least check out this Chanel square mini!
@BowieFan1971 I really love your question about iconic pieces in our wardrobe. It is so thought provoking. I really enjoy the additional view into our Pocket Friends’ personality, style and lifestyle.

• Shoes - ankle boots are a staple through fall and winter, Loeffler Randall Kassidy Kitten Heel Bootie in Gold Textile, Frye Ellen Deco Buckle Short
  • Blazers - Banana Republic Leopard Print Car Coat, Etoile Isabel Marant Black Tweed Blazer, Eileen Fisher Tweed Long Jacket
  • Scarves - so many ways to add a finishing touch, so many styles, colours and looks, Hermes Le Jardin de la Maharani silk 90 cm, Hermes Jaguar Quetzal Chale Cashmere CSGM
In the excitement of gathering items for the pic I forgot my favourite bags. :giggle: My current favourite bags:
  • Hermes Etain Bolide 31
  • Chanel Red Reissue 226
  • Red lipstick
  • Diamond stud earrings
  • Bracelets, David Yurman Rose Gold Renaissance Bracelet and Bvlgari Rose Gold B.Zero1 Bangle Bracelet or White Gold Diamond Bangle stacked with Hermes leather bracelets
  • Rings, engagement ring, wedding band, channel set diamond anniversary ring, Birks White Gold and Diamond Snowflake Ring, pinky ring for my profession
  • Watch, Apple Watch
Perfect and so chic!

I'm seeing so many amazing looks from everyone! Thank you all!
:faint:
So lovely, so many wonderful jewel tones!
Ok, so notes on my experience...
I likened it to my DH (who loved the scarf, which I am realizing more and more is just ME!) to a piece of really good chocolate. Decadent, delicious, crave-able and definitely to be enjoyed again. But on occasion and in moderation. It was special, but I don’t think I would like it so much if I went often. It would not be as special. I could have gone in a few other stores...Dior was across the street and Etro was around the corner...but while I looked in their windows, I did not want to go in because I wanted to savor the experience I had just had and chose to go home. I could see myself going once a year to Hermès to treat myself, to select and buy more than to just look/browse. The SA was sweet...after he wrapped it, I reminded him I said I wanted to wear it out, which he loved, so he took it out of the box, put it on me and arranged it, then retied the empty box after I asked him to so I could have the thrill of untying the box when I got home.

I really liked the Picotin 18, way more than I anticipated liking an Hermès bag. I could see selling a few LVs to make that happen. They did not have it in Gold, but I saw the gold leather and tried Picotins in black in 18 and 22. The leather was impressive, the design simple but distinctive, the lock detail was special and it was not heavy. And the price point was nice. Gold or orange would be nice!

I am so glad I went. And so happy I found something special that was everything I could have wanted...natural with a pop of color, non-traditional design that is happy and elegant, an iconic element (the pop of orange and the H) and I will not see it everywhere. Even the SA hadn’t remembered seeing it before but loved it and I got the only one they had. It is an item that makes me giddy...today was perfect!
I am so happy for you! :hugs:
(also - I'm a big fan of the Pico!)

• Hermes Etain Bolide 31
  • Chanel Red Reissue 226
  • Red lipstick
  • Diamond stud earrings
  • Rings, engagement ring, wedding band, channel set diamond anniversary ring, Birks White Gold and Diamond Snowflake Ring, pinky ring for my profession
  • Watch, Apple Watch
The car coat and the LR booties...I want them!

really liked the Picotin 18, way more than I anticipated liking an Hermès bag. I could see selling a few LVs to make that happen. They did not have it in Gold, but I saw the gold leather and tried Picotins in black in 18 and 22. The leather was impressive, the design simple but distinctive, the lock detail was special and it was not heavy. And the price point was nice. Gold or orange would be nice!
It’s a slippery slope! Ode to picotin has a lot of info on TPF! https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-the-picotin.421880/page-314

I recall someone did some kind of strap, so it became a convertible shoulder bag like a Lindy.
Edit: @BowieFan1971, in ode to picotin, the strap is from shoulder bag strap on Etsy. I’ve purchased from this Etsy seller and love her straps. Other TPfers use a maxi twilly as a strap

Also food for thought, there were once many picotins, without the lock, that were much cheaper on the resellers market, so that might be an option to consider. They were sized PM, MM, GM and TGM. Here is an archive photo of me with a TGM pictotin (now in my moms closet) that I bought from another TPFer for about 1K Years ago.

7C82F218-8E80-4A66-81AF-526C9B136E66.jpeg

Last edited:
I love your thoughtful curation and color and texture choices! And your color palette for the scarves! May I ask what pattern and colorway is top right, photo #6? Hugs
Thank you @880 for the wonderfully kind words. Scarf #6 =#9, Hermes Jaguar Quetzal Chale Cashmere CSGM by Alice Shirley CW 06 ME/Bleu Jean/Abricot/Gris. It is a chameleon CSGM and shows differently depending how you tie it! :love:

Thank you @880 for the wonderfully kind words. Scarf #6 =#9, Hermes Jaguar Quetzal Chale Cashmere CSGM by Alice Shirley CW 06 ME/Bleu Jean/Abricot/Gris. It is a chameleon CSGM and shows differently depending how you tie it! :love:
Thank you! i love all of your scarf pics, but that one in particular caught my eye! I also remember your gorgeous bolide and scarf pic with the incredible interplay of rich but subtle color here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...llet-collection-any-one-else.1022226/page-586 It’s one of my favorite pics on TPF. And, I love your red and raisin slg inside, like a bright optimistic smile! It was one of the best combos of different brands of SLG that played so harmoniously together that I’ve seen! Hugs

+1, re @Cookiefiend ‘s leadship on SOTD thread which can be otherwise quite esoteric and intimidating (but super informative) for those of us who have just recently started to contribute! :biggrin: Confession:while I adore SOTD, I am fifty pages behind

@dcooney4, agree all the velvet hangers have to match (and I’m not normally a matchy person)

@Cookiefiend, I will go back onto the picotin thread to find your vibrato (I love vibrato) and I’d love to see it here! Congrats on decluttering 2 SUV loads of stuff! It sounds liberating and amazing! Hugs

Last edited:
These are great stats! Congratulations!

Fabulous! I'm going to have to at least check out this Chanel square mini!

Perfect and so chic!

I'm seeing so many amazing looks from everyone! Thank you all!

:faint:
So lovely, so many wonderful jewel tones!

I am so happy for you! :hugs:
(also - I'm a big fan of the Pico!)
Thank you so much Cookie. Yes, how did I forget to mention - I prefer jewel tones, in scarves, bags and wardrobe colours. :heart:
The Scarf of the Day thread (SOTD) has been fun and welcoming for new posters. Thank you for your leadership and positive comments on that thread.

Great stats doni! Which bags did you exit? Congrats on your leather blazer.

BottegaV Pouch and Saint Laurent Niki, sold, and then got rid of two old bags found in the cellar, a no name clutch and a MiuMiu satchel.

January Stats
None in, None Out

Possible purchase: a standing desk for my workstation

Congratulations on your stats! Do you have any particular desk in mind? Vaguely considering this but afraid I will find them all ugly... :doh:

• Red lipstick

Love your choices! and the bags...
What red lipstick you recommend? I always want to be that woman who has signature red lips, but have never managed...

So I did this thing... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
I love it! It’s a 70...perfect size cuz I can tie it on my bag if I get too warm. Found it in the first 5 minutes, but continued to look. Saw some beautiful scarves for another day and looked at bags too. Really like the Picotin. My SA, Cesar, was super nice without being phony and really generous and welcoming. I had a wonderful time!

I am so glad you had such a nice experience. 70 is a great size, and this scarf, with that brown and orange combination, and that border!, is everything.

It’s a slippery slope! Ode to picotin has a lot of info on TPF! https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-the-picotin.421880/page-314

I recall someone did some kind of strap, so it became a convertible shoulder bag like a Lindy.

Also food for thought, there were once many picotins, without the lock, that were much cheaper on the resellers market, so that might be an option to consider. They were sized PM, MM, GM and TGM. Here is an archive photo of me with a TGM pictotin (now in my moms closet) that I bought from another TPFer for about 1K.

View attachment 4976744
So much eye candy on that thread, mine is in there too! I found mine through a reseller, and was a bargain as far as H goes... :giggle:. Mine is an 18 Vibrato - which I truly love - and was made prior to the lock. It’s my second most worn bag. I think the vibrato also allows it to stay more upright/structured - if structure is important to you, you may need a shaper/organizer inside.
Thank you! i love all of your scarf pics, but that one in particular caught my eye! I also remember your gorgeous bolide and scarf pic with the incredible interplay of rich but subtle color here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...llet-collection-any-one-else.1022226/page-586 It’s one of my favorite pics on TPF. And, I love your red and raisin slg inside, like a bright optimistic smile! It was one of the best combos of different brands of SLG that played so harmoniously together that I’ve seen! Hugs

+1, re @Cookiefiend ‘s leadship on SOTD thread which can be quite esoteric and intimidating (but super informative) for those of us who have just recently started to contribute! :biggrin:
<blushing>
Thank you, but I’m only part of the team of Scarf Mistresses, and we’re all THRILLED to have you on the thread. It moves fast, everyone is super friendly, and we want see see what ever H scarf you’re wearing! We have the themes, to add some extra fun... and to help get some of those scarves out and worn that sometimes get lost in the shuffle of new seasons and scarf mail. Sometimes, we do get a little ‘deep’ in information about the scarves, but I figure “Zomg - I just learned something I didn’t know... and it’s on a scarf I just sling around my neck! Yay!”
I am often off topic, but have fun trying to fit it in!
Thank you so much Cookie. Yes, how did I forget to mention - I prefer jewel tones, in scarves, bags and wardrobe colours. :heart:
The Scarf of the Day thread (SOTD) has been fun and welcoming for new posters. Thank you for your leadership and positive comments on that thread.
Thank you so much for your kind words, I will pass them along! As I said above, I’m just part of a team, and we are all so happy to see new posters - and we hope you keep posting! I will say though... I can be quite enabling! :giggle: :angel: :coolio: :giggle:
My wallet hides from me on a regular basis, but it‘s usually hiding under the bed, whimpering a little.