2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, yes, we are going to nudge @BowieFan1971 down that slippery slope. I can definitely see a Trim in her future!!!
Seriously eying an Hola Flamenca! scarf...farther down the hole I go! And while I love the look of a Trim, they are too shallow/slim. *sigh* But there are plenty of other possibilities!:happydance:

Oh my word! I thought this would be an easy little project....I was so wrong! It took all day and I didn’t even get to the twillies! Sewed by hand because I don’t trust my skill on the machine to see slippery silk. I measured, measured, measured and even left extra length and STILL had a gap where the sides didn’t meet when I had almost entirely stitched it to the bottom. I about cried! Had to put a dart on the side near the bottom. BUT...it is done, the twillies will be easy and I had enough scarf left over to make a muffler-type scarf with the colors most flattering to me showing.

From cutting to final results...just have to get some silk cord to swap out for the drawstring and to hang the bit charm.View attachment 4994067View attachment 4994068View attachment 4994069View attachment 4994070View attachment 4994071View attachment 4994073View attachment 4994074View attachment 4994075
I Love what you did!! You and the bag look great!
It's such a great week! My Rebecca Minkoff wine Mini Nikki arrived! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: Love the color, and signature hardware! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

View attachment 4996053
Wowww!! I love the time of the RM signature hardware - so classy!! And that lamb skin!
... in the wild...
View attachment 4996222
My Delidior had her first outing- to the supermarket.
You’re one fashionable errand lady!! :heart::smile:

I think it’s great being able to appreciate a variety of styles and brands, our mood varies from day to day. I love that accessories can help us express those different moods/feelings/whatever we want to express.

So much this! I’d like to think I stick closely to a very particular style, but the truth is that I love being able to have quite different looks based on my mood and of course the event. Sometimes I want to have a very tailored, classic look, other times I want casual-fabulous, and sometimes I want loud and colorful, etc etc.

What a stunning bag and unique color.

How NOT to do business. What a pretentious ass. Dude, I just bought a a Pico and 2 scarfs in the last 3-4 weeks. And I know what the auction price was because I was a bidder.

I feel sorry for the ex-wife or ex-girlfriend this probably belonged to. “Student of human nature”... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit- I don’t feel bad about posting this here because I am sure he is talking about it on “the social media” along with every other unwitting participants in his “tests.” Wow....

AFD20DCB-9333-4264-AD1E-FB6BA3522941.pngDB942E92-A6C2-469E-99A8-6455370561AE.pngB1B447DF-8768-4E08-B408-280E4AAA216F.png

Last edited:
How NOT to do business. What a pretentious ass. Dude, I just bought a a Pico and 2 scarfs in the last 3-4 weeks. And I know what the auction price was because I was a bidder.

I feel sorry for the ex-wife or ex-girlfriend this probably belonged to. “Student of human nature”... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit- I don’t feel bad about posting this here because I am sure he is talking about it on “the social media” along with every other unwitting participants in his “tests.” Wow....

View attachment 4996749View attachment 4996751View attachment 4996752

Actually a bit speechless, what an arse....

oh my... what a great color!
It's such a great week! My Rebecca Minkoff wine Mini Nikki arrived! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: Love the color, and signature hardware! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

View attachment 4996053
And this is an amazing color!
... in the wild...
View attachment 4996222
My Delidior had her first outing- to the supermarket.
So chic - I love it! ❤️

Ah Saturday! I am taking the day off
Here is my yellow/orange week contribution (I am going to use our color showcase to guide my bag changes)
Switching out of my Tods pink tote (which I’ve been carrying since at least 1/4 per photo date stamp) to the Chloe Baylee-caramel/chocolate (Chloe calls it “yummy cookie”..isn’t that cute?) And a bag spill for good measure. Actually it’s high time for an SLG change ..ok next week

(Oh well..unable to upload photo of my Tods..gah)B9D5CA33-B681-4C52-8304-28DD1E69B891.jpeg)

View attachment 4996749View attachment 4996751View attachment 4996752

Yeah he kind of escalated that quickly.
I’m always surprised that sellers on various sites seem to... not sure what the right phrase is... get offended almost when someone tries to bargain for something. People list things over the retail new price, even for something that’s been used, and then don’t play ball at all in terms of negotiating.

I can understand it being annoying when someone low balls you. I usually try not to do that. But I made an offer on something the other day where the item was massively overpriced above retail. I didn’t even offer below retail, but something somewhat down from their price and after not much back and forth they just declined the whole situation instead of re-offering their previous price. Usually I take the latter as a sign of ‘this is my lowest offer.’ The flat out decline feels a bit like a slap in the face lol, like ‘no I have decided I won’t even sell this to you now at all.’ Like geez... it’s just business folks.