2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one pair of Choo heels that are the most comfortable pair of heels that I own. But yeah not all of them are that way. I love the Romy for example but it does squeeze the toes.

This bag is so freakin fun! I absolutely love it and can’t wait to see it when you get it.

Btw, on the subject of perfect plum bags from a few pages back, I have stumbled across what to me is possibly the most gorgeous purple I’ve ever seen, at least for this tone of purple. This is from the lovely beauty_lin_ on IG. Naturally I’m sure it is sold out everywhere.

View attachment 4993563
OMG this is so beautiful!!

My Dior Lady bag showed up unbelievably fast - I bought it on Monday and received it Friday! I cleaned and polished it, then carried it Saturday to an early Valentine’s Day dinner. I even wore a skirt! :faint:
View attachment 4993728
Lovely!! How did you decide on this size? I saw someone carrying it in the wild and I was just giddy seeing it!

Oh my word! I thought this would be an easy little project....I was so wrong! It took all day and I didn’t even get to the twillies! Sewed by hand because I don’t trust my skill on the machine to see slippery silk. I measured, measured, measured and even left extra length and STILL had a gap where the sides didn’t meet when I had almost entirely stitched it to the bottom. I about cried! Had to put a dart on the side near the bottom. BUT...it is done, the twillies will be easy and I had enough scarf left over to make a muffler-type scarf with the colors most flattering to me showing.

From cutting to final results...just have to get some silk cord to swap out for the drawstring and to hang the bit charm.View attachment 4994067View attachment 4994068View attachment 4994069View attachment 4994070View attachment 4994071View attachment 4994073View attachment 4994074View attachment 4994075
I’d say ..this was A rip roaring success!

Thanks! Yeah I think Polene has one of the best quality/looks-per-price ratio out there.

I like the size of this numero un BUT I do think the bag is too big/heavy for the thin chain they put on it. IMO this bag should have had one of those straps that is chain maybe 1/3 of the way up, and then leather.

I love the all leather strap on the nano and will probably buy a second nano before it’s all over.
This is all really interesting info. Thanks, and also to @Cookiefiend

Oh my word! I thought this would be an easy little project....I was so wrong! It took all day and I didn’t even get to the twillies! Sewed by hand because I don’t trust my skill on the machine to see slippery silk. I measured, measured, measured and even left extra length and STILL had a gap where the sides didn’t meet when I had almost entirely stitched it to the bottom. I about cried! Had to put a dart on the side near the bottom. BUT...it is done, the twillies will be easy and I had enough scarf left over to make a muffler-type scarf with the colors most flattering to me showing.

From cutting to final results...just have to get some silk cord to swap out for the drawstring and to hang the bit charm.View attachment 4994067View attachment 4994068View attachment 4994069View attachment 4994070View attachment 4994071View attachment 4994073View attachment 4994074View attachment 4994075
This is so cool! You should open an Etsy shop.

I hope everyone is doing well! It's been a whirlwind personally with Lunar New Year and the holiday weekend. Plus my daughter has a cold so I've been trying to work from home with two kids under 3. It's a little bonkers.

My valentine's SLG came in from fashionphile and while it was beautiful, a full set and in good condition, I knew I wouldn't put it to good use so I decided to return it. It was a Chanel pink small o-case in caviar. It just goes to show that I shouldn't buy things just because I love how they look. I think I'm really not into accumulating items I won't use. On another note, we went over to rodeo drive for a quick date this weekend and lined up for the Chanel boutique just to look around a bit. The SA was great and we felt really safe. I had a chance to look at a few pieces i've been admiring in person and try them on and gauge the size. Long story short, I've decided two chanel totes are not for me and have decided to let go of my beige deauville and think I have picked up a piece that I will put the money towards that I will use more.

@dcooney4 I LOVE that backpack- especially the black emblem on the matte black nylon. super cute! I'm a big backpack fan- it's been so much nicer on my back to use my backpack.
Oh how lovely to be inside a store and chat with SAs and try things on. Sigh.

My Brandon Blackwood Bianca duffle bag arrived! :love: Love the color! Quality is as expected for the price point. The nylon is seriously light weight! So much lighter than my leather bags! This will be a fun grab and go purse. I really love the size! Came with a dust bag. Came with twp straps. The shorter one is fir hand carry. The longer works crossbody for me at 4'11", but anyone much taller, it would be shoulder carry.

View attachment 4995106
This is so cute. It came quickly!!

I LOVE this thread
I LOVE our range of topics..from instant pots, to books, to house hunting, to stick-on backsplash, to comfortable heels, to baby carriage/pram collections...it is the ultimate chick gathering! Wouldn’t we have the most uproarious gathering..since we have all these common interests? I sometimes wonder if the friends you make on this type of social media is “better” because of shared interests?

To answer @Sparkletastic ..the most comfortable higher heels I own are Cole Haan, Valentino rockstuds, Gucci. Now I just love sneakers. I’ve been looking at people style dresses with sneakers..quite an artform and very difficult to work.

I have been so swamped with work and just stop in occasionally to binge-read this and the scarf thread. I have been carrying the same Tods pink tote since the beginning of the year. I think I will change bags weekly to coincide with the color showcase just to force me to use a different bag. I can’t decide on a colorway of an H Kawa Ora scarf (which, unbelievably, is still available) And I really want to get a ridiculous, expensive watch. I think I need to buy something ...cuz I haven’t...I have Covid exhaustion and didn’t realize what a weight these past 4 years have been. (ok I’m done venting )

and I want to go to southern Utah - and New Mexico ...