2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

We closed.

After 4 months of stress, and paperwork, and paperwork getting lost, and spending more on service providers than I really care to think about... the deed was recorded this evening.

And yes, I’ve been stress shopping. And After I sent that wire off to the title company, stress buying. I mean, once you’ve spent too darn much on a new mattress, a new bracelet really isn’t THAT much, right?!?
Yaaaaaayyyyyy! Congratulations! :yahoo:

What a shame @whateve! But some men seem to be like this- minimalists. Mine in contrast is a mad collector like myself. But he keeps his stuff mainly in the storage house out of my sight and reach. Sometimes he asks me to list some of his items, but I always refuse as they are mainly car related items I have no clue of and it does not make any sense to take a dictation and be the listing secretary. He can do it himself or leave it.
After my very makeshift wardrobe/storage broke down a few days ago and I had to take everything out for the repair (it was overwhelming!) I did a good sorting of the contents and while I was at it the back room, too and listed very random items of clothes and "stuff".
So far- knock on wood!- some have sold. It´s like filling the small change jar, still it feels good to free up space.
I love watching things go almost as much as getting them.

We closed.

After 4 months of stress, and paperwork, and paperwork getting lost, and spending more on service providers than I really care to think about... the deed was recorded this evening.

And yes, I’ve been stress shopping. And After I sent that wire off to the title company, stress buying. I mean, once you’ve spent too darn much on a new mattress, a new bracelet really isn’t THAT much, right?!?
Congrats on the closing.

• Love
Reactions: keodi and 880
We closed.

Congrats! We’re starting the process (Of finding a place, not the closing) I’d much rather look at bags than real estate. It’s simpler, cheaper, and more immediate gratification

Congrats! We’re starting the process (Of finding a place, not the closing) I’d much rather look at bags than real estate. It’s simpler, cheaper, and more immediate gratification

Good luck with your new home!

Honestly, I love shopping for real estate. About a tenth of my Instagram feed is real estate. Sure, it’s not instant gratification - but most of the jewelry and bags I like aren’t either.

What I hate is buying real estate.

I admit it. I’m a control freak. And buying property is depending on so many people to do their job right. At least 15 people were involved with this whole process, and that’s just the ones I know about.

But you will have a smooth and easy process! And you will find the place that’s perfect for you

Things have changed! I remember when you couldn’t get some basic things in Asia and vice versa in the US and would have to schlepp stuff in a suitcase. My mom spends half the year or more in SE Asia and likes the easy 15 minute blender recipe for pao di quejo using Tapioca flour (I use bobs red mill in the US). https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_brazilian_cheese_bread/
She buys blocks of inexpensive manchego from Costco for the cheese. :biggrin:
I still like schlepping stuff when I travel!! Haha. I’ve not heard of pao di quejo but we sure do have tapioca flour. :idea:

• Love
Reactions: keodi and 880
I've been spending like there is no tomorrow, not just bags. I did some damage during Amazon prime days. I think surrounding myself with things makes me feel more secure. Many of those things are stuff we can use. I don't like to run out of things and then learn I can't find them. I just ordered some air vent filters. These were getting hard to find because people were buying them to use in masks.

I ordered a bag a few days ago but I don't feel too guilty as it wasn't very expensive; however, I'll feel bad if it gets discounted more in a few weeks.

I bought some more books too. I know I'd save a lot if I switched to an ereader but I'm so used to real books. I like to read in the bath. I would be afraid I would drop the ereader in the water.
I also am not shopping for bags right now!! More of kitchen stuff. And my wallet is happier!!
We closed.

Congrats!! How exciting to be moving to a new place!

onestly, I love shopping for real estate. About a tenth of my Instagram feed is real estate. Sure, it’s not instant gratification - but most of the jewelry and bags I like aren’t either.

congrats on your new home and new bracelet! @msd_bags, I love buying kitchen stuff too!

@Vintage Leather, i almost spit out my tea laughing at quote ^ bc I’m the complete opposite of you! :biggrin: I hate looking at or shopping for real estate. But, I enjoy assembling a team of broker, inspector, architect, interior, lawyer, who all work well together on this. After all, they are doing the nuts and bolts wor, not me.

I’m a buyer, not a shopper, and I prefer a fair negotiated discount for cash and a speedy close (at sellers convenience). I hate sellers that don’t disclose all flaws, especially those readily discoverable. I retracted our most recent accepted bid bc of undisclosed post red flag inspection issues, so now, esp. bc we want pre WWI bones, I always ask for permission to do substantial due diligence before negotiating an accepted bid. Even if you’re doing inspections, arch sketches or legal DD on a few possibilities, not just one, the team gets more opportunity to work together and solidify factors that affect a bid, like, rough estimates for WWI quality gut renovation to the studs; multiple compressor, zoned ductless central air and electric, plumbing and gas; and any alteration to interior/exterior space including permits and grandfathered features etc. I was fascinated to learn central air could be x amount in a pre WWI coop. Or that the best, museum quality (which we don’t need) hw floor installation could be y.

Our favorite contractor retired to a farm, and is riding motorcycles , tinkering and home schooling his last HS age child. But, I trust the architect to come up with others for bid and, equally as important, act as project manager, so I don’t have to. In other words, I don’t have to be in control so long as someonE else (hopefully more experienced) is.

oddly, bc DH and I have a certain type of taste, I do like distressed estate condition properties with great bones and location. (Kind of like how I like bags).

Last edited:
I seriously need to STOP. Anyone else so bored (pandemic) that shopping for bags is your favorite pastime?
OMG, yes! I bought over a dozen bags since the stay at home order - my state is almost at the last stage of opening up now, though. I've put myself on a serious bag ban, but I also told hubby I'm going to start putting aside money every month for an HG vintage Coach bag (a Bonnie Cashin era bag!). I'm hoping that I can get it by December, but I probably won't be able to get it until next year at the rate I'm saving. Assuming no one buys it before I can afford it!

I've been spending like there is no tomorrow, not just bags. I did some damage during Amazon prime days. I think surrounding myself with things makes me feel more secure. Many of those things are stuff we can use. I don't like to run out of things and then learn I can't find them. I just ordered some air vent filters. These were getting hard to find because people were buying them to use in masks.

I ordered a bag a few days ago but I don't feel too guilty as it wasn't very expensive; however, I'll feel bad if it gets discounted more in a few weeks.

I bought some more books too. I know I'd save a lot if I switched to an ereader but I'm so used to real books. I like to read in the bath. I would be afraid I would drop the ereader in the water.

I totally relate! The urge to feel secure is huge and stocking up a primal need.
Re real books vs e-readers I´m with you, too. To really enjoy a book I need it on paper, in my hands.

Haha, I do relate! Every time I come home from doing the groceries and have spent so much money on just food- and nothing fancy, just basic food- I feel the urge to have something nice for myself to keep...

OMG, yes! I bought over a dozen bags since the stay at home order - my state is almost at the last stage of opening up now, though. I've put myself on a serious bag ban, but I also told hubby I'm going to start putting aside money every month for an HG vintage Coach bag (a Bonnie Cashin era bag!). I'm hoping that I can get it by December, but I probably won't be able to get it until next year at the rate I'm saving. Assuming no one buys it before I can afford it!
Is there a particular BC bag that you are looking for? My dream BC is a safari bag in pretty colors.

Is there a particular BC bag that you are looking for? My dream BC is a safari bag in pretty colors.
I'm looking for one of the single entry swing bags with the kisslock pocket on the front! I'd love it in red. I found one on Etsy and I'm currently seeing if they'll put it on layaway for me! I think I can swing paying it off by Christmas.

I would also love one of those mini shoppers with the outside kisslock pocket, too. Or just any of the BC bags with the outside kisslock pocket:lol:

Good luck with your new home!

Honestly, I love shopping for real estate. About a tenth of my Instagram feed is real estate. Sure, it’s not instant gratification - but most of the jewelry and bags I like aren’t either.

I admit it. I’m a control freak. And buying property is depending on so many people to do their job right. At least 15 people were involved with this whole process, and that’s just the ones I know about.

But you will have a smooth and easy process! And you will find the place that’s perfect for you

Congratulations on closing the deal!

I do wonder, why is buying property in the US so complicated? And involving so many people? All the times I have bought (or sold) a home, it has been quite straight forward and certainly not involving anything like 15 people!
Now, moving and house reforms, that I do find stressful.