Your 1st designer bag? Thoughts on Rivoli Pm?

Congrats on the rivoli and your first designer :yahoo: I didn’t have any sentimental attachment to my first bag and I’m trying to be as minimalist as possible so I usually sell the items I never reach for. So mine is long gone, but I believe it was a balenciaga city :P I started my interest when I was 16 and got my first big paycheck from a part time job.

I have the Rivoli PM! My husband gave it to me for my birthday back in January. I got to carry it for a few weeks before the virus showed up and made us all stay home. :sad: I loved it every time I carried it. It holds a lot...similar to a Speedy B 25 but with a much larger opening. I also like the handles...they are much more user friendly than the handles on a speedy IMO. The pleats give it an elegant look. I still have my first LV bag...a Verona PM. I don't use it as much anymore, mostly because I've added so many other bags since I got it. But I still love it and probably will never get rid of it because it was my first designer bag and I'm sentimental about things like that.

I have the Rivoli PM! My husband gave it to me for my birthday back in January. I got to carry it for a few weeks before the virus showed up and made us all stay home. :sad: I loved it every time I carried it. It holds a lot...similar to a Speedy B 25 but with a much larger opening. I also like the handles...they are much more user friendly than the handles on a speedy IMO. The pleats give it an elegant look. I still have my first LV bag...a Verona PM. I don't use it as much anymore, mostly because I've added so many other bags since I got it. But I still love it and probably will never get rid of it because it was my first designer bag and I'm sentimental about things like that.

thank you for the response!! I am the same as well. somethings hold sentimental value.

Congrats on your first bag! I think the Rivoli looks very classy and practical.

My first bag was a medium YSL kate tassel bag, which I sold. I needed money at that particular point in time, and I didn’t want to part with any other bag. The kate just didn’t move me the way other bags did.

I love the Rivoli PM. It's a beautiful bag. I didn't start my designer handbag collection until I was in my forties. It quickly became one of my very favorite "hobbies", lol. The artistry and craftmanship are what I love about designer bags.

Reactions: Budgiew
What are your thoughts on the rivoli pm? Im still 20 and i purchased it as my first designer bag, still waiting for it in the mail. Thoughts about the bag please? Also, do you guys tend to keep your first designer bag as long as you can or do you eventually sell them
My first was the speedy 25 bando in ebene, then croisette in azur, then mm never full ebene.

Reactions: Moni26 and 94iBag
Congrats on your first designer bag! Welcome to the dark side. :smile: I think the Rivoli is a beautiful and classic bag. I never sell my bags, but I'd definitely never sell my first! My first premier designer was a Chanel XL GST and even though it's not my most used bag, I'd save it in a fire because of the sentiment it holds. I was very proud when I was able to afford to buy it! I hope you cherish this experience too, whether you keep the bag down the road or not! :smile:

Congrats on your first designer bag! Welcome to the dark side. :smile: I think the Rivoli is a beautiful and classic bag. I never sell my bags, but I'd definitely never sell my first! My first premier designer was a Chanel XL GST and even though it's not my most used bag, I'd save it in a fire because of the sentiment it holds. I was very proud when I was able to afford to buy it! I hope you cherish this experience too, whether you keep the bag down the road or not! :smile:

wooowwww a chanel, how old were you?

Rivoli PM is such a pretty mono bag. I returned it bec the opening is too narrow, comparing to the buttom (width 17 cm! ) or ie. Trivoli. It looks lots bigger outside than its inside capacity. I‘d bag that looks big outside n could hold much or having a small one with less storage, if you understand what I mean. Someone wrote somewhere here, Rivoli PM (32 cm) could hold as much as Speedy 25 (25 cm). Speedy 25 looks way smaller and more compact.

I forgot the name of my first LV bag, didnt have it anymore. My recent oldest LV is Barkely (2002). My first designer bags (forgot which one is older) were Céline and Chloé.

Reactions: yourfavoritehoney