Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

LBR is stunning!

Perfect! And dance backward too!
(we are twins - I love this one!)

Thank you @CanuckBagLover - I enjoyed reading that article! I love that her character was the leader of the group of female pilots - not just a pretty face with a suggestive name.
Ms. Blackman - aka Pussy Galore - would have rocked Jungle Love Rainbow to the max!
View attachment 4705249

Thanks, cookie! Actually, you inspired me to get SSG - I liked the scarf, but hadn't seen a cw I wanted until I saw yours!

And twins as well on the Rainbow Jungle Love! Beautiful on you.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
LBR is stunning!

Perfect! And dance backward too!
(we are twins - I love this one!)
Thank you, Cookie!

Thank you @CanuckBagLover - I enjoyed reading that article! I love that her character was the leader of the group of female pilots - not just a pretty face with a suggestive name.
Ms. Blackman - aka Pussy Galore - would have rocked Jungle Love Rainbow to the max!
View attachment 4705249
A sporty look!

Le Grand Prix du Faubourg for today :heart::heart::heart:
Lovely, as always, tlamdang!

Beautiful colours, beautiful designs and beautifully draped!
Thank you, Agrume!

Yesterday rewatched From Russia with Love- my favorite and I think best 007 movie.
I realized Tatiana wears a light blue chiffon scarf while talking to 007 on a boat/ferry. She is supposed to be giving him details of the lector code machine...

not blue, but pink mousseline on a ship - remembering better days for NYC and the cruise ship industry
View attachment 4705331
And my only solid mousseline. I think someone has this is blue which would be closer to what Tatiana was wearing.
View attachment 4705332
Beautiful, scarf!

Reactions: scarf1
Blofeld appears in multiple Bond novels and movies. He is an archetypal villain and the image of a bald guy stroking a white cat has become visual shorthand for "bad guy". No bald guys on my scarves, but here are a couple of white cats: Les Chats and guest star - the svelte and flexible feline Bond girl aka neighbour's cat.
View attachment 4705330

The neighbor’s cat is definitely Pussy Galore. :lol:

Lovely on you!
Blofeld appears in multiple Bond novels and movies. He is an archetypal villain and the image of a bald guy stroking a white cat has become visual shorthand for "bad guy". No bald guys on my scarves, but here are a couple of white cats: Les Chats and guest star - the svelte and flexible feline Bond girl aka neighbour's cat.
View attachment 4705330
:lol::lol::lol: Definitely Bond girl material!
Yesterday rewatched From Russia with Love- my favorite and I think best 007 movie.
I realized Tatiana wears a light blue chiffon scarf while talking to 007 on a boat/ferry. She is supposed to be giving him details of the lector code machine...

not blue, but pink mousseline on a ship - remembering better days for NYC and the cruise ship industry
View attachment 4705331
And my only solid mousseline. I think someone has this is blue which would be closer to what Tatiana was wearing.
View attachment 4705332
:love: There’s my favorite picture - spectacular! :love:
Thanks, cookie! Actually, you inspired me to get SSG - I liked the scarf, but hadn't seen a cw I wanted until I saw yours!

And twins as well on the Rainbow Jungle Love! Beautiful on you.
Thank you! :hugs:
Thank you, Cookie!

A sporty look!

Lovely, as always, tlamdang!

Thank you, Agrume!
Thank you!
The neighbor’s cat is definitely Pussy Galore. :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
Although this is not on this week’s theme, here’s Regina by Leïla Menchari, who passed away on Saturday from the coronavirus. I’ve always thought this is one of the most beautiful, floral, feminine Hermes scarves.

View attachment 4705419
That’s a beautiful CW. :love:

I am not so much a Bond girl, more like a Bond villain... and always from Russia with love. Plume en Fete today. Digging and more digging in my scarf like the evil fairy in the French fairytale Graciosa and Percinet setting the beautiful Graciosa more and more tasks some involving skeins of silk and mountains of feathers to keep her from her handsome prince :graucho::

The fairy brought a great basket full of feathers, plucked from every kind of bird— nightingales, canaries, linnets, larks, doves, thrushes, peacocks, ostriches, pheasants, partridges, magpies, eagles—in fact, if I told them all over, I should never come to an end; and all these feathers were so mixed up together, that they could not be distinguished.

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_185729_resized_20200407_080451308.jpg
    IMG_20200407_185729_resized_20200407_080451308.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 179
Wonderful scarf on site
Thanks so much!

Thank you kindly Cookie!

:lol: feeling that pretty strongly right now. ( and thank you!)

Wow! That color on that Naissance! Beautiful!

Gorgeous colors tlamdang!

I love the direction everyone’s been going this week! Perfect!

:lol: perfect! I’m learning more about James Bond movies this week than I ever did before.

Loooove this one on you Jbizzy!

Thank you MAGJES!

:lol: so true. :tup:

beautiful onsites fifi!
Thanks so much!

Love your photos.I am so envious of you visiting Russia. I was inspired by your previous posting some time back at the Hermitage and had planned for "scarfs on site" photos with Zabavushka & Passage a Moscou . DH & I had a trip set up to Moscow & St. Petersburg for mid-May - all cancelled due to Covid pandemic - and after going through all the incredible hassle of obtaining a Russian visa! Nothing left now but to claim on travel insurance and dream. In prep I will research other Hermes Vladimir Rybaltchenko scarfs I might have to include for a future trip.
Oh, I am so sorry that you won’t be able to go at this time! I hope you can do so in tye future when it is possible and this nightmare is over... It is an a amazing place!

I love this Les Cavalier scarf. Amazing color combo.
It’s a fabulous design.... I own the olive green and was happy until I ran into this one

Wonderful fotos, fifi!
Thank you so much!

Wonderful examples... And, I am in love with the L’Armee Imperiale... the graphics stand out so beautifully on the white background, and it is gorgeous tied!

I am not the Bond girl, but the woman on my scarf is. Anyone who can dance like that in heels...

Swinging Saint GermainView attachment 4705177 View attachment 4705178View attachment 4705179
Love this! Indeed!

Not a scarf but thought this post appropriate
Honor Blackman, actress who played Pussy Galore in Goldfinger, dies at 94
Honor Blackman, the potent British actor who took James Bond’s breath away as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger and who starred as the leather-clad, judo-flipping Cathy Gale in The Avengers, has died. She was 94.

Ms. Blackman’s family said in a statement Monday that she died peacefully of natural causes at her home in Lewes, in southeastern England.

The honey-voiced Ms. Blackman first became a household name in the 1960s spy TV series The Avengers. She joined the show in the second season as Cathy Gale, the leather-wearing anthropologist with martial arts skills. Ms. Blackman departed the show for James Bond before “The Avengers was exported to the United States, but her performance solving cases opposite Patrick Macnee caught the eye of James Bond producer, Albert Broccoli. She and Mr. Macnee also recorded the hit song, Kinky Boots, together.

But just as The Avengers was growing in popularity, Ms. Blackman departed it for the third James Bond film, playing Pussy Galore in 1964’s Goldfinger. In it, she makes an impression from the start, memorably introducing herself to Sean Connery’s just-awoken Bond.

“Who are you?” Bond asks.

“My name is Pussy Galore.”

“I must be dreaming,” he responds, smiling to himself.

Ms. Blackman was 39 and five years older than Mr. Connery when she landed the role of Bond’s love interest, and she long maintained the term of “Bond girl” didn’t apply to her. In the film, Pussy Galore is the leader of a group of women aviators enlisted by the villain Auric Goldfinger. She uses judo (a skill carried over from The Avengers) to attack Bond, and their foreplay is physical and combative. After they each flip one another into piles of hay, Bond holds her down to kiss her. Eventually, she relents.

Ms. Blackman considered Pussy Galore – a lesbian in Ian Fleming’s book – a kind of early feminist and a different breed than the average James Bond woman.

“In so many of the films, the girls just looked at James and fell flat on their backs,” Ms. Blackman told the magazine TV Times in 2014. “Yet Pussy Galore was a career woman – a pilot who had her own air force, which was very impressive. She was never a bimbo.”

The character’s double-entendre name was one producers said they had to convince censors to permit. But Pussy Galore has regularly ranked as among the most popular James Bond women.

“She was an extraordinary talent and a beloved member of the Bond family. Our thoughts are with her family at this time,” said James Bond producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli.

Honor Blackman was born in East London on Aug. 22, 1925. Her father, Frederick Blackman, was a civil servant clerk. She recalled her father giving her the choice, as a teenager, of taking biking or elocution lessons. She chose the lessons, and went to attend the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and acting in the West End.

Acting in film, television and theatre for seven decades, Ms.Blackman amassed more than 100 screen credits, including the Titanic drama A Night to Remember; the fantasy Jason and the Argonauts (as the goddess Hera); Lola, with Charles Bronson; and a cameo in Bridget Jones’s Diary.

Ms. Blackman was married twice, first to Bill Sankey, from 1948-56, and then to actor Maurice Kaufman, with whom she adopted two children. She leaves their children, Lottie and Barnaby, and four grandchildren.

2cf6fe6b9f314ad18a500d4d88cd1ca9_md.jpg

72717_v9_ba.jpg
Sad to hear this... Loved Pussy Galore! And, she matured so beautifully... Even more gorgeous in her later years, IMO

Such a great design!

View attachment 4705330
Hahaha! Love it!

View attachment 4705331
View attachment 4705332
Good one... I always love to see your picture on deck with the scarf flying!

Here is a terrible article from the NY Post today by Cindy Adams on Dr. Birx and her scarves. Someone who is an eloquent writer needs to give Cindy Adams a piece of his/her mind. Can you imagine anyone calling a Hermes scarf a shmatta? Grrrrr.

"Praise for omniscient, omnipresent scarf-lover Dr. Deborah Birx, who speaks alongside our president. But . . . please … someone clue her — once — once — stop those constant silk rags around her neck. Get one string of beads. A shoelace. Anything. Enough with ironing those daily old-style silk Hermès shmattas."
OMG this is awful! So tasteless, arrogant and pointless to reprimand and chastise a woman about her individual style choices... downright ignorant when referring to Hermès scarves!

Although this is not on this week’s theme, here’s Regina by Leïla Menchari, who passed away on Saturday from the coronavirus. I’ve always thought this is one of the most beautiful, floral, feminine Hermes scarves.

View attachment 4705419
yes... Iearned of the sad news... Regina is indeed one of the most beautiful and romantic Hermès designs of all time... Very appropriate post...

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

Oh, I am so sorry that you won’t be able to go at this time! I hope you can do so in tye future when it is possible and this nightmare is over... It is an a amazing place!

It’s a fabulous design.... I own the olive green and was happy until I ran into this one

Thank you so much!

Wonderful examples... And, I am in love with the L’Armee Imperiale... the graphics stand out so beautifully on the white background, and it is gorgeous tied!

Love this! Indeed!

Sad to hear this... Loved Pussy Galore! And, she matured so beautifully... Even more gorgeous in her later years, IMO

Such a great design!

Hahaha! Love it!

Good one... I always love to see your picture on deck with the scarf flying!

OMG this is awful! So tasteless, arrogant and pointless to reprimand and chastise a woman about her individual style choices... downright ignorant when referring to Hermès scarves!

yes... Iearned of the sad news... Regina is indeed one of the most beautiful and romantic Hermès designs of all time... Very appropriate post...
Thanks, fifi! And to everyone else for the likes! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.