Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

Can’t help to post my Russian scarf-on-site pics...
First of all Russian artist Evgenia Miroshnichenko’s Zabavushka which depicts a wonderland of toys found at the Zabavushka Museum of Traditional Russian Wooden Toys in Moscow. Here I stand in front of the Catherine Palace in Pushkin. Sorry, the Zavabushka closeup shot appears at the bottom of this post
View attachment 4704792

View attachment 4704787

And, here is Vladimir Rybaltchenko’s Cavaliers d’Or which depicts Scythian golden jewelry and objects that are part of the permanent collection of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The scarf was created to accompany the “From the Land of the Scythians” exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1975. Vladimir Rybaltchenko was a son of Russian immigrants. In this pic I superimpose some of my museum jewelry from The Met Museum shop
View attachment 4704789

And, here I display the scarf before the Grand Staircase of the Hermitage. Another modeling pic with one of my commemorative museum brooches below
View attachment 4704786

View attachment 4704785
I love this Les Cavalier scarf. Amazing color combo.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Thanks for your interest. It's a special piece to me. The pendant consists of Dioptase crystals from Namibia. The beautiful green colour is the result of copper, and it is found in desert regions with lots of copper in the soil (hence Namibia). Initially considered (hoped) to be a substitute for emerald because of the colour, the crystals are not very hard (Mohs scale 5), which is in the same order as tooth enamel!
Healing attributes (which I don't typically consider when I buy a piece of crystal jewellery - I just go for looks) include increasing the energy in the body, allowing you to let go of anger you are carrying around from past wrongs, and aids the immune system and in disorders of the lungs. Reading that last piece in this Covid world has made me run directly to my jewellery box and wear it!
The dioptase is really gorgeous!

Reactions: shrpthorn
Can’t help to post my Russian scarf-on-site pics...
First of all Russian artist Evgenia Miroshnichenko’s Zabavushka which depicts a wonderland of toys found at the Zabavushka Museum of Traditional Russian Wooden Toys in Moscow. Here I stand in front of the Catherine Palace in Pushkin. Sorry, the Zavabushka closeup shot appears at the bottom of this post
View attachment 4704792

View attachment 4704787

And, here is Vladimir Rybaltchenko’s Cavaliers d’Or which depicts Scythian golden jewelry and objects that are part of the permanent collection of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The scarf was created to accompany the “From the Land of the Scythians” exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1975. Vladimir Rybaltchenko was a son of Russian immigrants. In this pic I superimpose some of my museum jewelry from The Met Museum shop
View attachment 4704789

And, here I display the scarf before the Grand Staircase of the Hermitage. Another modeling pic with one of my commemorative museum brooches below
View attachment 4704786

View attachment 4704785
Wonderful fotos, fifi!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Not a scarf but thought this post appropriate
Honor Blackman, actress who played Pussy Galore in Goldfinger, dies at 94
Honor Blackman, the potent British actor who took James Bond’s breath away as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger and who starred as the leather-clad, judo-flipping Cathy Gale in The Avengers, has died. She was 94.

Ms. Blackman’s family said in a statement Monday that she died peacefully of natural causes at her home in Lewes, in southeastern England.

The honey-voiced Ms. Blackman first became a household name in the 1960s spy TV series The Avengers. She joined the show in the second season as Cathy Gale, the leather-wearing anthropologist with martial arts skills. Ms. Blackman departed the show for James Bond before “The Avengers was exported to the United States, but her performance solving cases opposite Patrick Macnee caught the eye of James Bond producer, Albert Broccoli. She and Mr. Macnee also recorded the hit song, Kinky Boots, together.

But just as The Avengers was growing in popularity, Ms. Blackman departed it for the third James Bond film, playing Pussy Galore in 1964’s Goldfinger. In it, she makes an impression from the start, memorably introducing herself to Sean Connery’s just-awoken Bond.

“Who are you?” Bond asks.

“My name is Pussy Galore.”

“I must be dreaming,” he responds, smiling to himself.

Ms. Blackman was 39 and five years older than Mr. Connery when she landed the role of Bond’s love interest, and she long maintained the term of “Bond girl” didn’t apply to her. In the film, Pussy Galore is the leader of a group of women aviators enlisted by the villain Auric Goldfinger. She uses judo (a skill carried over from The Avengers) to attack Bond, and their foreplay is physical and combative. After they each flip one another into piles of hay, Bond holds her down to kiss her. Eventually, she relents.

Ms. Blackman considered Pussy Galore – a lesbian in Ian Fleming’s book – a kind of early feminist and a different breed than the average James Bond woman.

“In so many of the films, the girls just looked at James and fell flat on their backs,” Ms. Blackman told the magazine TV Times in 2014. “Yet Pussy Galore was a career woman – a pilot who had her own air force, which was very impressive. She was never a bimbo.”

The character’s double-entendre name was one producers said they had to convince censors to permit. But Pussy Galore has regularly ranked as among the most popular James Bond women.

“She was an extraordinary talent and a beloved member of the Bond family. Our thoughts are with her family at this time,” said James Bond producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli.

Honor Blackman was born in East London on Aug. 22, 1925. Her father, Frederick Blackman, was a civil servant clerk. She recalled her father giving her the choice, as a teenager, of taking biking or elocution lessons. She chose the lessons, and went to attend the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and acting in the West End.

Acting in film, television and theatre for seven decades, Ms.Blackman amassed more than 100 screen credits, including the Titanic drama A Night to Remember; the fantasy Jason and the Argonauts (as the goddess Hera); Lola, with Charles Bronson; and a cameo in Bridget Jones’s Diary.

Ms. Blackman was married twice, first to Bill Sankey, from 1948-56, and then to actor Maurice Kaufman, with whom she adopted two children. She leaves their children, Lottie and Barnaby, and four grandchildren.

2cf6fe6b9f314ad18a500d4d88cd1ca9_md.jpg

72717_v9_ba.jpg

Blofeld appears in multiple Bond novels and movies. He is an archetypal villain and the image of a bald guy stroking a white cat has become visual shorthand for "bad guy". No bald guys on my scarves, but here are a couple of white cats: Les Chats and guest star - the svelte and flexible feline Bond girl aka neighbour's cat.
PicsArt_04-08-01.42.51.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday rewatched From Russia with Love- my favorite and I think best 007 movie.
I realized Tatiana wears a light blue chiffon scarf while talking to 007 on a boat/ferry. She is supposed to be giving him details of the lector code machine...

not blue, but pink mousseline on a ship - remembering better days for NYC and the cruise ship industry
6FFA6303-6279-4F94-9E0F-640C4BC70EF1.jpeg
And my only solid mousseline. I think someone has this is blue which would be closer to what Tatiana was wearing.
AF1C490D-F653-484F-9DFB-1E6DD102EC2B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.