Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

What an interesting pendant! I like that it ties in with geology day! Please tell us more!
Thanks for your interest. It's a special piece to me. The pendant consists of Dioptase crystals from Namibia. The beautiful green colour is the result of copper, and it is found in desert regions with lots of copper in the soil (hence Namibia). Initially considered (hoped) to be a substitute for emerald because of the colour, the crystals are not very hard (Mohs scale 5), which is in the same order as tooth enamel!
Healing attributes (which I don't typically consider when I buy a piece of crystal jewellery - I just go for looks) include increasing the energy in the body, allowing you to let go of anger you are carrying around from past wrongs, and aids the immune system and in disorders of the lungs. Reading that last piece in this Covid world has made me run directly to my jewellery box and wear it!

Rewatched Dr No yesterday. It was set in Jamaica which says tropical theme to me. So here are
Flamingo Party 90 in a tropical CW.

and Mythic Phoenix moussie stole. This also seems so tropical to me- in fact I usually take it when we go to Hawaii!View attachment 4704746 View attachment 4704747
Perfect!
actual SOTD Cosmographia Universalis on a cold rainy day in California.

View attachment 4704749
This is so pretty!
I read many Bond novels before I watched my first Bond movie. It was a late night screening of Live and Let Die. What impressed me most at that age: the crocodiles and Bond's hop, skip and jump over them, and Jane Seymour's cool soothsayer Solitaire predicting Bond's every move with her Tarot deck.
Clovis le Crocodile and a dipdye Tarot
View attachment 4704755
:giggle: Well done! :giggle:
Mythiques Phoenix COTTON pareo—definitely Bond-girl sarong-worthy!
I folded her up into a multilayer 90-like wrap...which could double as mask if needed! Or fly me out of supermarket if needed.
who knew she’d be called upon for such duty!
View attachment 4704754
Gorgeous!

I read many Bond novels before I watched my first Bond movie. It was a late night screening of Live and Let Die. What impressed me most at that age: the crocodiles and Bond's hop, skip and jump over them, and Jane Seymour's cool soothsayer Solitaire predicting Bond's every move with her Tarot deck.
View attachment 4704755
Love these two colors together.
Great intro Julide! I am going to have fun reviewing all the Bond girl info. :lol: (And I'll really have to dig through the scarf drawer for some East European theme scarves!)

Off the top of my head, I guess I think of "Bond Girls" as being pretty, and a little mysterious and maybe a little sinister too...

And while I can't say I qualify in the "pretty" department, I think with a little help from Caducee Rock I've got mysterious and a tiny bit sinister under control. :lol:

View attachment 4704026
Stunning colorway!

Given that our theme this week will focus on Russian and Eastern European designs, themes and influences, here are my scarves created by Polish artist Jan Bajtlik.
First of all, Animapolis. The fanciful fictional city of the illustration was inspired on the architecture of Warsaw, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev and New York. Down below are some details that show the onion-domes and Cracovian folk dancers.
View attachment 4704284

View attachment 4704283

View attachment 4704286

View attachment 4704285

Another Bajtlik design is Sweet Dreams
View attachment 4704281

View attachment 4704288

And, finally, his Cosmographia Universalis
View attachment 4704279

View attachment 4704280
I yearn for that colorway of Sweet Dreams. Your photos make is so ....ALIVE!

Caleche Elastique Remix scarf 90 go with me for an online Mass
Have a good day everyone :heart::heart::heart:
@turfnsurf style, love this style. Thanks you!!!
Just beautiful!!

I folded her up into a multilayer 90-like wrap...which could double as mask if needed! Or fly me out of supermarket if needed.
View attachment 4704754
This is fabulous!

Thank you kindly Awillow! I think Caducee Rock in any format is a must in Scarflandia! :yes:

yes yes! The Japanese Bond Girl! (will be channeling that one soon! and i LOVE your pastel colorway!)

:love: Savana Dance always makes me smile! Totally your colors scarf1!

Gorgeous Naessi! The scarf ring is perfect with it!

Happy Geology Day!!! Perhaps since gems were once rocks, I could fit some gemstones in??? :lol:

Bookmoarking! I love the way you think Cordeliere! I can do these!

:tup: Great ideas!!!

Aww- thank you fifi! :hugs:

Jan's works perfect for the week! (Adding Animapolis to my "to wear" list for the week!)

Beautiful tlamdang! :heart:
Thanks so much!

Gorgeous! I especially love that cw of the Comsographia, it's one of my favourite scarfs!
Thanks so much!

Fun & interesting theme; boy am I ready for something light hearted! I’m so grateful for you & other fab’ scarf mistresses as well as others who are here sharing in whatever way they feel inclined to. You all create a silky, safe haven! :heart:

I’ve been thinking about this one and amazed at how varied the color ways are. This combination is unexpected, but I love it & it looks fab’ on you!!

I’m so glad! :P You tie it beautifully :drinks:

I missed out on last week’s fun due to some unexpected projects, but jumping in with a short brown buttery leather trench & Bolduc... when worn together evoke a feeling (at least in my head) of being a total alluring bad*ss; a-la Bond Girl. :coolio:
Ooooh, very Bond girl! Love this badass look!

Oh, Sweet Dreams and its dragon/dino creatures! Wasn't there a Bond movie where his gun was swallowed by a Komodo Dragon? Or maybe I'm thinking about 007 fanfic :doh: There were definitely Komodo Dragons in Skyfall.
Hahah! Yes!!

I love your Sweet Dreams with its brilliant colors! That scarf is my holy grail :smile:
It’s such a great one! Thank you!

Thank you so much Fifi. Yes it is a Maitai ring. I got it two weeks ago together with a few other items. Now that I am using my scarves more, I like to acessorise them a bit and also gives me opportunity to vary how I tie them.
Love it... I’ve been meaning to try one of her lacquer rings

Fabulous intro!
I love JL as a sarong - gorgeous!

Très chic!

Beautiful scarf!

I love this blue!

Wow wow wow! That's beautiful!

Lovely - i truly love your Sweet Dreams!

Totally bad@ss look!
Thanks much!

In 1962, the iconic scene in Dr No (the first Bond movie) when Honey Rider walks out of the water, was the Naissamce d’Une Idee that made people sit up and pay attention. It was so good they repeated it with Jinx Jackson in Die Another Day.
I think both of those ladies would have worn NdUI! As a sarong at the very least!
View attachment 4704725
Amazing CW!

According to this week theme plus a rainy day. I decided to wear something sporty but feminine and wearing Animapolis. Now I am ready to have fun with my today project.
Have a safe day everyone :heart::heart:
You look so cute!

Rewatched Dr No yesterday. It was set in Jamaica which says tropical theme to me. So here are

and Mythic Phoenix moussie stole. This also seems so tropical to me- in fact I usually take it when we go to Hawaii!View attachment 4704746 View attachment 4704747
Aaaah, yes! The moussie is spectacular... Love both designs so much!

actual SOTD Cosmographia Universalis on a cold rainy day in California.

View attachment 4704749
Oh so beautiful! What CW is this one? What is the color of the elephant?

View attachment 4704755
Hahah! Perfect

View attachment 4704754
I love MP in these shades... One of my most coveted Grails

Stunning colorway!

Just beautiful!!

This is fabulous!
Thanks so much! It is so lively and fun!

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

Ooooh, very Bond girl! Love this badass look!

Hahah! Yes!!

It’s such a great one! Thank you!

Love it... I’ve been meaning to try one of her lacquer rings

Thanks much!

Amazing CW!

You look so cute!

Aaaah, yes! The moussie is spectacular... Love both designs so much!

Oh so beautiful! What CW is this one? What is the color of the elephant?

Hahah! Perfect

I love MP in these shades... One of my most coveted Grails

Thanks so much! It is so lively and fun!
Thanks! I don’t remember the cw number, but it is the blue/pink CW from the RD color family. The elephant is blue.
I also have SF special edition- on that one the elephant is yellow.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
The pendant consists of Dioptase crystals from Namibia.
Healing attributes (which I don't typically consider when I buy a piece of crystal jewellery - I just go for looks) include increasing the energy in the body, allowing you to let go of anger you are carrying around from past wrongs, and aids the immune system and in disorders of the lungs. Reading that last piece in this Covid world has made me run directly to my jewellery box and wear it!
That alone is worth the price of admission! Seriously though, thank you for introducing me to that mineral. Is it called Dioptase? Going to research...Did you get it in Namibia? That would be the most awesome souvenir! Thank you for posting!

Can’t help to post my Russian scarf-on-site pics...
First of all Russian artist Evgenia Miroshnichenko’s Zabavushka which depicts a wonderland of toys found at the Zabavushka Museum of Traditional Russian Wooden Toys in Moscow. Here I stand in front of the Catherine Palace in Pushkin. Sorry, the Zavabushka closeup shot appears at the bottom of this post
A1F3E57B-AD5B-4E82-8A47-08670F030218.jpeg

4EC02F6B-9072-4373-AAA5-3625CD97EBF9.jpeg

And, here is Vladimir Rybaltchenko’s Cavaliers d’Or which depicts Scythian golden jewelry and objects that are part of the permanent collection of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The scarf was created to accompany the “From the Land of the Scythians” exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1975. Vladimir Rybaltchenko was a son of Russian immigrants. In this pic I superimpose some of my museum jewelry from The Met Museum shop
439C461B-9A0C-4E5E-B15C-145F7264A7DB.jpeg

And, here I display the scarf before the Grand Staircase of the Hermitage. Another modeling pic with one of my commemorative museum brooches below
BB110D78-E2AF-46BD-BE68-DFF69ACF59B8.jpeg

7A416FA8-5375-407C-8CC5-6D7E8CC86618.jpeg

Attachments

• 563E5184-41DE-44F9-A678-64B4813D9886.jpeg
    563E5184-41DE-44F9-A678-64B4813D9886.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 205
View attachment 4704755
Tarot cards? Of course...Le Tarot,my "go to" pattern for years

Attachments

• 20200406_153204_resized.jpg
    20200406_153204_resized.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 20200406_154302_resized.jpg
    20200406_154302_resized.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 202
First of all Russian artist Evgenia Miroshnichenko’s Zabavushka which depicts a wonderland of toys found at the Zabavushka Museum of Traditional Russian Wooden Toys in Moscow. Here I stand in front of the Catherine Palace in Pushkin. Sorry, the Zavabushka closeup shot appears at the bottom of this post
View attachment 4704792

View attachment 4704787

And, here is Vladimir Rybaltchenko’s Cavaliers d’Or which depicts Scythian golden jewelry and objects that are part of the permanent collection of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The scarf was created to accompany the “From the Land of the Scythians” exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1975. Vladimir Rybaltchenko was a son of Russian immigrants. In this pic I superimpose some of my museum jewelry from The Met Museum shop
View attachment 4704789

And, here I display the scarf before the Grand Staircase of the Hermitage. Another modeling pic with one of my commemorative museum brooches below
View attachment 4704786

View attachment 4704785
Wonderful scarf on site

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Fabulous intro!
I love JL as a sarong - gorgeous!

Très chic!

Beautiful scarf!

I love this blue!

Wow wow wow! That's beautiful!

Lovely - i truly love your Sweet Dreams!

Totally bad@ss look!

Thank you kindly Cookie!

Very sharp, indeed, bcat! Personally, my Bond-H connection might be only going from “Money” to “Penny.”

:lol: feeling that pretty strongly right now. ( and thank you!)

In 1962, the iconic scene in Dr No (the first Bond movie) when Honey Rider walks out of the water, was the Naissamce d’Une Idee that made people sit up and pay attention. It was so good they repeated it with Jinx Jackson in Die Another Day.
I think both of those ladies would have worn NdUI! As a sarong at the very least!
View attachment 4704725
Wow! That color on that Naissance! Beautiful!

According to this week theme plus a rainy day. I decided to wear something sporty but feminine and wearing Animapolis. Now I am ready to have fun with my today project.
Have a safe day everyone :heart::heart:

Gorgeous colors tlamdang!

I love the direction everyone’s been going this week! Perfect!

View attachment 4704755

:lol: perfect! I’m learning more about James Bond movies this week than I ever did before.
View attachment 4704754

Loooove this one on you Jbizzy!

Stunning colorway!

Just beautiful!!

This is fabulous!
Thank you MAGJES!

surprising two-scarf day!
Quick trip to usps and tossed on Marine Naive to brighten my day.
Bond boys and girls always pulled out a ship, yacht or speedboat at some critical point of plot twist, right?
To escape from/with, hold hostage on, or blow up?
View attachment 4704793

:lol: so true. :tup:
View attachment 4704792

View attachment 4704787

View attachment 4704789

View attachment 4704786

View attachment 4704785

beautiful onsites fifi!

View attachment 4704792

View attachment 4704787

View attachment 4704789

View attachment 4704786

View attachment 4704785
Love your photos.I am so envious of you visiting Russia. I was inspired by your previous posting some time back at the Hermitage and had planned for "scarfs on site" photos with Zabavushka & Passage a Moscou . DH & I had a trip set up to Moscow & St. Petersburg for mid-May - all cancelled due to Covid pandemic - and after going through all the incredible hassle of obtaining a Russian visa! Nothing left now but to claim on travel insurance and dream. In prep I will research other Hermes Vladimir Rybaltchenko scarfs I might have to include for a future trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.