2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Thank you! It's one of my favorites! For moody florals, I think of it as florals with a fall/winter bent, usually on a black background and with darker tones in the flowers themselves (rather than having a spring/summer vibe). I remember this from the 90s in the form of tank dresses worn over white t-shirts and paired with Doc Martens and tattoo chokers.

Now I see it on blazers, blouses and dresses, though I'm sure it's on other items as well. This Coach dress at the top is "moodier" than most, but here a few examples:

View attachment 4585612
View attachment 4585618
View attachment 4585621
Thank you for the photos. I love the Coach dress, and I think that particular print would be especially gorgeous on a blazer. Paired with dark-wash jeans, maybe?

Now I've learned a new term: "moody floral"! DH and I are spending the weekend at a poetry workshop… maybe I can use the expression in a poem! :giggle:

Have you ever gotten excited because you know you’re going to wear a certain bag the next day? I feel like a little kid the day before Christmas / Bday because I’m going to be wearing my new navy Gucci Dionysus tomorrow. :panic::yahoo:

It’s a girls’ hangout day so some friends and I are going to be spending the day doing a lot of fun things. My Dionysus Mini will be perfect because I don’t need to carry much and I can wear it shoulder or crossbody. Plus it’s soooooo flipping cuuuuuuute!!! :lol:

Have you ever gotten excited because you know you’re going to wear a certain bag the next day? I feel like a little kid the day before Christmas / Bday because I’m going to be wearing my new navy Gucci Dionysus tomorrow. :panic::yahoo:

It’s a girls’ hangout day so some friends and I are going to be spending the day doing a lot of fun things. My Dionysus Mini will be perfect because I don’t need to carry much and I can wear it shoulder or crossbody. Plus it’s soooooo flipping cuuuuuuute!!! :lol:
Have fun with your gorgeous blue Dionysus Mini and girlfriends today, @Sparkletastic.

I get excited, too, in anticipation of wearing a certain bag. In fact, I will get to wear this Massaccesi Hera in goat suede today since it will be sunny and no rain. My bag is blue, too.
4FC0C4DA-7B75-455F-A394-77E1FAD2BB36.jpeg

Have fun!
Have fun with your gorgeous blue Dionysus Mini and girlfriends today, @Sparkletastic.

I get excited, too, in anticipation of wearing a certain bag. In fact, I will get to wear this Massaccesi Hera in goat suede today since it will be sunny and no rain. My bag is blue, too.
View attachment 4586324
That’s a gorgeous blue!

Haha, yes. I feel that way when I am planning to carry one of my H Dalvys. They are so special! Have a wonderful girl-day!

My challenge to myself is to carry each of my bags once before Xmas! (Except the two that are really summery - wicker and toile.)
Yesterday I took out the Rouge H chamonix Trim 35. I have not had this bag very long, but I wanted to try the larger size trim (i have several 31), so I replaced my Rouge H courchevel 31 with this larger, more gorgeous one. I am finding it just a bit large (the 31s really do hold whatever I need), but I adore chamonix and dislike courchevel, so the trade was a major upgrade for me. Chamonix glows!

Thanks, @msd_bags! I like your style a lot--what are you experimenting with for work outfits?

And you mentioned another trend I can't pull off--sneakers with dresses. I think this look is soooo chic, but whenever I try it, I look like I forgot to finish changing after gym class. :no:
Thanks @Annabel Lee!! I've noticed that office dressing is more relaxed now than a few years ago. I want a softer look than a blazer top or a serious blouse matched with dark pants. So I'm going for more prints - skirts or pants, and flowy tops. Or shift dresses with cardigan instead of blazer. Or lighter colored pants too. In my mind, I don't want to have just one look, so I try to have variations in the styles I wear.

Speaking of sneakers with dresses, I got complimented by several family members (my brother who normally doesn't care, among them!) during a get together recently where I was wearing my Tod's sneakers and a casual drawstring linen skirt and sleeveless top. Well, actually they complimented the sneakers, but I guess the overall look worked! :smile:

And I like the moody florals you posted!

Have fun with your new Gucci!! I can feel your excitement!!

View attachment 4586324
Lovely bag, lovely color!! I have yet to try MM's suede, but I plan to in the future. :smile:

Reactions: tenKrat and jbags07
My challenge to myself is to carry each of my bags once before Xmas! (Except the two that are really summery - wicker and toile.)
Yesterday I took out the Rouge H chamonix Trim 35. I have not had this bag very long, but I wanted to try the larger size trim (i have several 31), so I replaced my Rouge H courchevel 31 with this larger, more gorgeous one. I am finding it just a bit large (the 31s really do hold whatever I need), but I adore chamonix and dislike courchevel, so the trade was a major upgrade for me. Chamonix glows!
I love this and will join you except I’m going to give myself a little more time. I’ll do the “Wear every bag by New Year’s Day challenge”. That will allow me to wear something sparkly on NYE. Lol!

I love this and will join you except I’m going to give myself a little more time. I’ll do the “Wear every bag by New Year’s Day challenge”. That will allow me to wear something sparkly on NYE. Lol!
Haha, yes. When I made the list to start checking off, I realized I would need a bit more time for the sparkly stuff. (I will also need a lot more party invitations, but whatever!) So - let's give ourselves until 2020!
Does anyone else want to join us?

Ooo - I’d love to see a picture! Rouge H is probably my favorite H color - well the older version that’s more red than brown!
Haha, yes. When I made the list to start checking off, I realized I would need a bit more time for the sparkly stuff. (I will also need a lot more party invitations, but whatever!) So - let's give ourselves until 2020!
Does anyone else want to join us?
Sure - I will! But like you I won’t include the summer bags - White, toile, or the bright pink - or the bags I only carry when I travel like the LC.
Are we starting now?
So far in November I’ve carried 4 different purses - I’m off to a good start!