2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

9f6dc364304631cbebb11824b6bd4113.jpg

Those fashion catwalk bags, how about those styles?
Hard to tell from the view posted but some of them look kinda interesting...love the boots.

Thank you! I worried about the empriente leather, but it's held up very well. Then again, I don't carry it every day. So far, in 2018-2019, I've carried it 23 times, which I realize isn't much.

I haven't noticed it slouching. It's a very different design from a Speedy, though. Open top, so no zipper to keep opening and closing. (There's a zipper in the center divider, but I never use it.)

I just pulled the bag out of the closet to check, to see if it's slouching, and I realized how very thing the leather is! I guess that's what I like about this bag: it weighs next to nothing. But it probably would slouch, if it were to be overstuffed.

All in all, my best answer is… "it depends." :annoyed:
Thank you for your insights! I definitely want to try the empriente....a great plus too that it is lightweight!

I totally NEED this!!! But sad they're no longer selling them? I have a ridiculous # of keys I need daily, and have found myself stuffing them into a baggie. (Ridiculous! Ugh-). So pls tell me if you find anything similar for sale these days!

Such gorgeous bags, everyone!!! I always think I'm not nuts about LV (though I like them), but then I see these and and LOVE them! Beautiful--
Did u mean the 6 key case? They do still sell this one, its just very hard to get....

Reactions: pianolize
I’d love some real world inspiration. What current clothing trends are you ladies enjoying mixing into your looks? Which ones from past seasons are you not giving up?

For me, I’m playing a teeny bit with animal print. I’ve been around long enough that this can look real tacky real fast to me though. So, I’m using a very light hand. My favorite animal print items are a pair of grey leopard print pants and a cheetah print trench. Both are items I had so I’m not buying anything yet. I’m also looking for a cape that is more coat than super hero. Lol! I’ve always loved capes and IMO they don’t really go out of style. And I also have also loved architectural styling in my clothes so asymmetrical necklines are an easy one for me to get excited about.

Other than that, I don’t see anything particularly moving to me. What am I missing that you are excited about? :amuse:

What I’m not giving up: first up is my skinny jeans with a natural waist. It took me a long time to come back to jeans and this style works for my figure. I don’t care who wears high waisted jeans or mom jeans (or bell bottoms or any other style for that matter) I’m not joining in. I also still have my one pair of sock boots from last season. They are a practical keep as they are comfy so I my toe which still needs more surgery is happy. I’ll be sad when I really do have to give these up. Lol! And lastly, I have some off the shoulder items that I won’t give up. I think with asymmetrical necklines being in, I can still mix my tops and dresses in fashionably.

What about you?
Not some particular prints or something, but I'm enjoying (and trying) more feminine daily office outfits. I'm trying to minimize wearing 'just' a black pair of slacks and a blouse. That's the easiest outfit to don. I want something that looks more thought out but not overly done. :smile:

And I think it is still on trend here, I wear a lot of sneakers/fashion athletic shoes with casual dresses/skirts on non-work days.

An on pointy heels, I have maybe 2-3 pairs that work, surprisingly comfy! So since I feel the style adds a bit of 'zazz to outfits, I happily take advantage!

All right, @tenKrat, you inspired me ... since I was talking about Capucines, I’ll start there:

This is my MM in violet, and even when taking it out to photograph, I was struck by heavy it is when empty. You can see the slouching at the front looks better in some lights than others and is most pronounced on the side.

While I wouldn’t repurchase this if I lost all my bags tomorrow and had to start over, I can’t see myself ever owning a purple bag that’s not this one. I love the shade, I love the leather, and this bag just feels so right in this color!

And a few more LV:

Dentelle Speedy: View attachment 4583956

Soufflot: View attachment 4583957

Speedy that everyone calls black and white even though it reads black and gray to me:
View attachment 4583958

Multicolore Speedy. I realize this bag can look very dated, but it fits my style! (I have a pair of shoes I just love wearing with it, so I couldn’t resist showing them together). The light is bad, but this bag is still super white and crisp looking.
View attachment 4583961 View attachment 4583959

Cluny MM, with the strap from the black and white Speedy:
View attachment 4583964

Monceau (I ADORE this bag)
View attachment 4583963

Vivienne:

View attachment 4583960

Carmel:
View attachment 4583967

Petite malle:
View attachment 4583966

Very Chain:
View attachment 4583965
Oh my, you have a wonderful LV collection!!

I don't like structured bags showing even slight slouches. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to this.
Sure, this is what I mean by puff sleeves--they have a little volume, but they're not in your face. I have some bigger than this as well, but anything giant is a no.
This also works for me! I like it!

Last edited:
Thank you! The sequined bag has an interesting history. It was a F/W 13 special Runway bag, one of the bags shown in the MJ fashion show for that season. (Here it is, being carried by an elegant model).

View attachment 4584198

That year, it sold for bunches and bunches of $$$. But a couple of years later, it popped up on TRR for just a bit over $200. A tPF buddy, who is an MJ authenticator, gave me a heads-up, and I grabbed it. :dog:

It's a pretty amazing bag. The entire thing is lined in soft leather, so it's by no means lightweight. But it's small, and it's smooshy, so the weight isn't a problem for me.

Fabulous and a lucky find

All right, @tenKrat, you inspired me ... since I was talking about Capucines, I’ll start there:

This is my MM in violet, and even when taking it out to photograph, I was struck by heavy it is when empty. You can see the slouching at the front looks better in some lights than others and is most pronounced on the side.

While I wouldn’t repurchase this if I lost all my bags tomorrow and had to start over, I can’t see myself ever owning a purple bag that’s not this one. I love the shade, I love the leather, and this bag just feels so right in this color!
The color of this one is magnificent. But I certainly understand what you're saying about the weight. How often do you carry it?

And a few more LV:

Dentelle Speedy: View attachment 4583956

Soufflot: View attachment 4583957

Speedy that everyone calls black and white even though it reads black and gray to me:
View attachment 4583958

Multicolore Speedy. I realize this bag can look very dated, but it fits my style! (I have a pair of shoes I just love wearing with it, so I couldn’t resist showing them together). The light is bad, but this bag is still super white and crisp looking.
View attachment 4583961 View attachment 4583959

Cluny MM, with the strap from the black and white Speedy:
View attachment 4583964

Monceau (I ADORE this bag)
View attachment 4583963

Vivienne:

View attachment 4583960

Carmel:
View attachment 4583967

Petite malle:
View attachment 4583966

Very Chain:
View attachment 4583965
This is a gorgeous collection. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm trying moody florals. I'm trying to avoid most 90s comeback styles (I'll never wear a bodysuit again, thanks), but I bought two dark floral dresses that I just love. They feel current, and I like that I have winter-appropriate florals.
That's a term I've not heard before, but I can visualize exactly what you mean. Can you give me an example of how you would wear a moody floral? Would it be a dress, or could it be a smaller piece, worn as an accent?

Reactions: Annabel Lee
@Annabel Lee, we have very similar taste. I would buy these same bags.
I love your collection as well! You have some of my favorites.

Such gorgeous bags, everyone!!! I always think I'm not nuts about LV (though I like them), but then I see these and and LOVE them! Beautiful--

I have to admit to never having been much of an LV fan (too many Neverfulls here in Vancouver) but there are some really beautiful bags here.

Honestly, I get it. I really like LV canvas, but for me, it's hard to justify getting a new bag in the same print and there are some bags that just seem to be everywhere--I also find that a deterrent.

But I think their leather is really underrated, and I like the designs, service and price points compared to other $$$ brands. Also a lot of the limited edition pieces are really gorgeous and fun.

What a beautiful color, and such a classic bag :heart:

Wowza! Just stunning...i have not looked too far past mono-land , but seeing your bags and @tenKrat ’s bags , makes me want to venture out....the city steamer in particular is just :heart::heart::heart:

Speechless :lol: And regarding the Multicolore.....dated?! I would kill for one! Black or white. But all the ones i see on the resale market have very dirty vachetta generally :sad: You are so fortunate to have one, along with all of your other beautiful bags...

Thank you, @jbags07! I am lucky, and I spent a loooong time looking for the multicolore in a condition I'd be happy with. I was so glad to score this one!

Not some particular prints or something, but I'm enjoying (and trying) more feminine daily office outfits. I'm trying to minimize wearing 'just' a black pair of slacks and a blouse. That's the easiest outfit to don. I want something that looks more thought out but not overly done. :smile:

And I think it is still on trend here, I wear a lot of sneakers/fashion athletic shoes with casual dresses/skirts on non-work days.

An on pointy heels, I have maybe 2-3 pairs that work, surprisingly comfy! So since I feel the style adds a bit of 'zazz to outfits, I happily take advantage!

Oh my, you have a wonderful LV collection!!

I don't like structured bags showing even slight slouches. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to this.

This also works for me! I like it!
Thanks, @msd_bags! I like your style a lot--what are you experimenting with for work outfits?

And you mentioned another trend I can't pull off--sneakers with dresses. I think this look is soooo chic, but whenever I try it, I look like I forgot to finish changing after gym class. :no:

This is a gorgeous collection. :heart: :heart: :heart:

The color of this one is magnificent. But I certainly understand what you're saying about the weight. How often do you carry it?

Thank you, @ElainePG! I carry the Capucines about once every other month. The weight really makes it impractical for a lot of situations, so I'll probably never take it traveling or for a long day of shopping or anything. But I drive to work, so I don't mind carrying it to the office where the only time I'm really carrying it is out to lunch or to the car.

That's a term I've not heard before, but I can visualize exactly what you mean. Can you give me an example of how you would wear a moody floral? Would it be a dress, or could it be a smaller piece, worn as an accent?

This top is terrific! Fun to combine the businesslike look of pinstripes with the girly puffed sleeves and the saucy slit down the front. Excellent!

Thank you! It's one of my favorites! For moody florals, I think of it as florals with a fall/winter bent, usually on a black background and with darker tones in the flowers themselves (rather than having a spring/summer vibe). I remember this from the 90s in the form of tank dresses worn over white t-shirts and paired with Doc Martens and tattoo chokers.

Now I see it on blazers, blouses and dresses, though I'm sure it's on other items as well. This Coach dress at the top is "moodier" than most, but here a few examples:

upload_2019-11-8_10-19-3.png
upload_2019-11-8_10-20-46.png
upload_2019-11-8_10-22-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-8_10-22-15.png
    upload_2019-11-8_10-22-15.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 143