2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Love your red 54 and the sequined bag!
Thank you! The sequined bag has an interesting history. It was a F/W 13 special Runway bag, one of the bags shown in the MJ fashion show for that season. (Here it is, being carried by an elegant model).

MJ Red Tweed Model.jpg

That year, it sold for bunches and bunches of $$$. But a couple of years later, it popped up on TRR for just a bit over $200. A tPF buddy, who is an MJ authenticator, gave me a heads-up, and I grabbed it. :dog:

It's a pretty amazing bag. The entire thing is lined in soft leather, so it's by no means lightweight. But it's small, and it's smooshy, so the weight isn't a problem for me.

I’m struggling because I want a $1500 Gucci top. I’ve wanted since I saw it in Maui. But, I don’t buy $1500 tops. :shocked: :lol:

When do you splurge in a category that is not usually a spendy one for you? I think my approach on this may be changing in that I may start buying a few pieces each season that are more expensive than my norm if I truly want them. With my days of buying lots of bags each year behind me, this may be the new way I spoil myself.

I dunno, dropping a few thousand on a bag can make sense to me. On one clothing item and I’m dying. :whut:
I am the same way. I can spend $$$ on handbags, but I can’t on one clothing item. The only exception would be a fabulous coat or leather jacket. But, I live in a warm climate year round, so no such purchase for me.

And a few more LV:

Dentelle Speedy: View attachment 4583956

Soufflot: View attachment 4583957

Speedy that everyone calls black and white even though it reads black and gray to me:
View attachment 4583958

Multicolore Speedy. I realize this bag can look very dated, but it fits my style! (I have a pair of shoes I just love wearing with it, so I couldn’t resist showing them together). The light is bad, but this bag is still super white and crisp looking.
View attachment 4583961 View attachment 4583959

Cluny MM, with the strap from the black and white Speedy:
View attachment 4583964

Monceau (I ADORE this bag)
View attachment 4583963

Vivienne:

View attachment 4583960

Carmel:
View attachment 4583967

Petite malle:
View attachment 4583966

Very Chain:
View attachment 4583965
@Annabel Lee, we have very similar taste. I would buy these same bags.

Stunning bag...i love the color! how does the empriente hold up? I would like to add a black Speedy to my collection...is the leather very structured or does it slouch over time?
Thank you! I worried about the empriente leather, but it's held up very well. Then again, I don't carry it every day. So far, in 2018-2019, I've carried it 23 times, which I realize isn't much.

I haven't noticed it slouching. It's a very different design from a Speedy, though. Open top, so no zipper to keep opening and closing. (There's a zipper in the center divider, but I never use it.)

I just pulled the bag out of the closet to check, to see if it's slouching, and I realized how very thing the leather is! I guess that's what I like about this bag: it weighs next to nothing. But it probably would slouch, if it were to be overstuffed.

All in all, my best answer is… "it depends." :annoyed:

In reply to @Sparkletastic ’s question on clothing trends:

I’ve always loved leopard and have been wearing it for years. I have a leopard short coat, a leopard DVF wrap dress, and a leopard blazer from seasons ago. Using @papertiger’s words, that trend caught up with me.

I’m keeping my skinny jeans and leggings. I always wear a tunic (not tent, but straight and narrow), long linen blouse, or long sweater with leggings to cover my butt.

Thank you - it was what stopped me in my tracks!

heeheehee - I get it! :love:
I was very surprised they completely replaced the handles, but that sort of care makes a customer come back without hesitation. (I looked at a red Alma over the weekend - cute!)

I love this!

Thank you so much!

Thank you - the pop of pink is so fun!

Thank you very much!
You have a lovely collection - that first Alma in the rainbow colors is gorgeous!

Thank you for showing this - I have wondered how they work… my keys just hang out at the bottom of my bag! :giggle:
Thanks for all the likes ladies! I appreciate it! :hugs:

I have two different LV key cles. The one on top is from the men’s collection. I like it best because it is bigger, and my car key and house keys fit well inside. However, LV no longer makes it. :frown:

The bottom one is the “key pouch”. The key fob barely fits, but my DH put some sort of plastic red cover on my copy of his car key. So if I took it off, the key would fit better inside.
View attachment 4583918

View attachment 4583921

View attachment 4583952 View attachment 4583953 View attachment 4583954 View attachment 4583955 @Sparkletastic , i will add to @tenKrat ’s post if that is ok. I agree that the cles they sell now does not work well. My key fob is thick and just does not work in such a slim set up. So i use it for cash and coins. And i bought a 6 key case. It fits my fob inside perfectly, and it generally stays secure once snapped. They come in different options other than mono if it appeals to you....you can see in the pix how slim the cles is, in comparison...
I totally NEED this!!! But sad they're no longer selling them? I have a ridiculous # of keys I need daily, and have found myself stuffing them into a baggie. (Ridiculous! Ugh-). So pls tell me if you find anything similar for sale these days!
And a few more LV:

Speedy that everyone calls black and white even though it reads black and gray to me:
View attachment 4583958

Multicolore Speedy. I realize this bag can look very dated, but it fits my style! (I have a pair of shoes I just love wearing with it, so I couldn’t resist showing them together). The light is bad, but this bag is still super white and crisp looking.

View attachment 4583964

View attachment 4583963

Vivienne:

View attachment 4583960

Carmel:
View attachment 4583967

Petite malle:
View attachment 4583966

Very Chain:
View attachment 4583965
Such gorgeous bags, everyone!!! I always think I'm not nuts about LV (though I like them), but then I see these and and LOVE them! Beautiful--

All right, @tenKrat, you inspired me ... since I was talking about Capucines, I’ll start there:

This is my MM in violet, and even when taking it out to photograph, I was struck by heavy it is when empty. You can see the slouching at the front looks better in some lights than others and is most pronounced on the side.

While I wouldn’t repurchase this if I lost all my bags tomorrow and had to start over, I can’t see myself ever owning a purple bag that’s not this one. I love the shade, I love the leather, and this bag just feels so right in this color!
What a beautiful color, and such a classic bag :heart:

Reactions: Annabel Lee
Reactions: tenKrat
And a few more LV:

View attachment 4583958

View attachment 4583964

View attachment 4583963

Vivienne:

View attachment 4583960

Carmel:
View attachment 4583967

Petite malle:
View attachment 4583966

Very Chain:
View attachment 4583965
Speechless :lol: And regarding the Multicolore.....dated?! I would kill for one! Black or white. But all the ones i see on the resale market have very dirty vachetta generally :sad: You are so fortunate to have one, along with all of your other beautiful bags...