2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

15E4AF1B-CD37-4F30-8C94-FB0C582C0E12.jpeg E72E5FF5-4F64-48F3-941D-73130644CF72.jpeg 5B6B3BF3-7554-4F28-B779-073746AA8AEA.jpeg ACC74FA9-5299-41A4-92DD-BEC4C5D6B59C.jpeg @Sparkletastic , i will add to @tenKrat ’s post if that is ok. I agree that the cles they sell now does not work well. My key fob is thick and just does not work in such a slim set up. So i use it for cash and coins. And i bought a 6 key case. It fits my fob inside perfectly, and it generally stays secure once snapped. They come in different options other than mono if it appeals to you....you can see in the pix how slim the cles is, in comparison...

All right, @tenKrat, you inspired me ... since I was talking about Capucines, I’ll start there:

This is my MM in violet, and even when taking it out to photograph, I was struck by heavy it is when empty. You can see the slouching at the front looks better in some lights than others and is most pronounced on the side.

While I wouldn’t repurchase this if I lost all my bags tomorrow and had to start over, I can’t see myself ever owning a purple bag that’s not this one. I love the shade, I love the leather, and this bag just feels so right in this color!
I love it, Annabel. The color is spectacular. :love:

The Capucines is gorgeous, but the WEIGHT. I agree with you that the BB size is the only manageable one to get.

Is that the fountain pen or rollerball version? I'm always afraid to carry my fps in my bags for fear of leaking, even though I've never had a pen leak on me except when fooling with refilling haha.
Hi inkfade, this pen is a Visconti Rembrandt Purple Rollerball pen. I hear your fear about pen/ink leakage. I carry my pens in a pen case and knock on wood, haven’t had any issues. I also use my fountain pens at home rather than carry them in my bag. Perhaps some other fountain pen lovers can chime in with their experiences?

And a few more LV:

Dentelle Speedy: 0B5FD6FD-63F7-46AD-8511-5A89B582A830.jpeg

Soufflot: 538C7361-3A0A-4E3E-8CE7-F51919C47A2C.jpeg

Speedy that everyone calls black and white even though it reads black and gray to me:
5CFF323D-2F8C-4AD9-9BD7-0319D18CCB0B.jpeg

Multicolore Speedy. I realize this bag can look very dated, but it fits my style! (I have a pair of shoes I just love wearing with it, so I couldn’t resist showing them together). The light is bad, but this bag is still super white and crisp looking.
D7FD0973-FD5F-4A5E-891F-21CC6BF3103F.jpeg 5BC76FD6-6874-4F6F-BF01-FAEA2CFA4F03.jpeg

Cluny MM, with the strap from the black and white Speedy:
7D8CCE4F-CBD6-499E-9902-405D270EB974.jpeg

Monceau (I ADORE this bag)
E9CF3285-6C62-4AA3-ACD9-294BC37C786E.jpeg

Vivienne:

3C589992-6F10-4D83-8CD7-B433D0A69592.jpeg

Carmel:
7141D0FE-00AA-42C6-AC78-B91A909C57C1.jpeg

Petite malle:
0371994C-1A5C-459F-A5D3-06F554327011.jpeg

Very Chain:
60C87F2A-427B-49BF-B097-FD1DADFB06FB.jpeg

I’d love some real world inspiration. What current clothing trends are you ladies enjoying mixing into your looks? Which ones from past seasons are you not giving up?

For me, I’m playing a teeny bit with animal print. I’ve been around long enough that this can look real tacky real fast to me though. So, I’m using a very light hand. My favorite animal print items are a pair of grey leopard print pants and a cheetah print trench. Both are items I had so I’m not buying anything yet. I’m also looking for a cape that is more coat than super hero. Lol! I’ve always loved capes and IMO they don’t really go out of style. And I also have also loved architectural styling in my clothes so asymmetrical necklines are an easy one for me to get excited about.

Other than that, I don’t see anything particularly moving to me. What am I missing that you are excited about? :amuse:

What I’m not giving up: first up is my skinny jeans with a natural waist. It took me a long time to come back to jeans and this style works for my figure. I don’t care who wears high waisted jeans or mom jeans (or bell bottoms or any other style for that matter) I’m not joining in. I also still have my one pair of sock boots from last season. They are a practical keep as they are comfy so I my toe which still needs more surgery is happy. I’ll be sad when I really do have to give these up. Lol! And lastly, I have some off the shoulder items that I won’t give up. I think with asymmetrical necklines being in, I can still mix my tops and dresses in fashionably.

What about you?

I just restyle for trends but mostly I just notice when trends catch up with me. Tweed jackets, 'proper' hats, slip dresses, animal prints, shorts, kilts, oversize (especially coats and sweats) scarves as hwadwear, DMs and hiking boots.

I don't do high-waisted either. Nor grandpa trainers (sneakers) mom jeans, fake fur, very pointy toe shoes, padded coats, logo tees or sweats, pastels, pleated long midis.

And a few more LV:

Dentelle Speedy: View attachment 4583956

Soufflot: View attachment 4583957

Speedy that everyone calls black and white even though it reads black and gray to me:
View attachment 4583958

Multicolore Speedy. I realize this bag can look very dated, but it fits my style! (I have a pair of shoes I just love wearing with it, so I couldn’t resist showing them together). The light is bad, but this bag is still super white and crisp looking.
View attachment 4583961 View attachment 4583959

View attachment 4583964

View attachment 4583963

Vivienne:

View attachment 4583960

Carmel:
View attachment 4583967

Petite malle:
View attachment 4583966

Very Chain:
View attachment 4583965

Wow, these are splendid

Gorgeous round 2 LV bags! :heart: Your Doras are my favourites!
All right, @tenKrat, you inspired me ... since I was talking about Capucines, I’ll start there:

This is my MM in violet, and even when taking it out to photograph, I was struck by heavy it is when empty. You can see the slouching at the front looks better in some lights than others and is most pronounced on the side.

While I wouldn’t repurchase this if I lost all my bags tomorrow and had to start over, I can’t see myself ever owning a purple bag that’s not this one. I love the shade, I love the leather, and this bag just feels so right in this color!
That shade of purple is amazing :love:

Last edited:
Hi inkfade, this pen is a Visconti Rembrandt Purple Rollerball pen. I hear your fear about pen/ink leakage. I carry my pens in a pen case and knock on wood, haven’t had any issues. I also use my fountain pens at home rather than carry them in my bag. Perhaps some other fountain pen lovers can chime in with their experiences?

You're very brave, i'm far too paranoid. I have a vintage fountain pen but I keep it at home.

I’d love some real world inspiration. What current clothing trends are you ladies enjoying mixing into your looks? Which ones from past seasons are you not giving up?

For me, I’m playing a teeny bit with animal print. I’ve been around long enough that this can look real tacky real fast to me though. So, I’m using a very light hand. My favorite animal print items are a pair of grey leopard print pants and a cheetah print trench. Both are items I had so I’m not buying anything yet. I’m also looking for a cape that is more coat than super hero. Lol! I’ve always loved capes and IMO they don’t really go out of style. And I also have also loved architectural styling in my clothes so asymmetrical necklines are an easy one for me to get excited about.

Other than that, I don’t see anything particularly moving to me. What am I missing that you are excited about? :amuse:

What I’m not giving up: first up is my skinny jeans with a natural waist. It took me a long time to come back to jeans and this style works for my figure. I don’t care who wears high waisted jeans or mom jeans (or bell bottoms or any other style for that matter) I’m not joining in. I also still have my one pair of sock boots from last season. They are a practical keep as they are comfy so I my toe which still needs more surgery is happy. I’ll be sad when I really do have to give these up. Lol! And lastly, I have some off the shoulder items that I won’t give up. I think with asymmetrical necklines being in, I can still mix my tops and dresses in fashionably.

What about you?
I'm trying moody florals. I'm trying to avoid most 90s comeback styles (I'll never wear a bodysuit again, thanks), but I bought two dark floral dresses that I just love. They feel current, and I like that I have winter-appropriate florals.

I'm not giving up puff sleeves, ever. Not big mutton-y puffs, but a slight puff--for some reason, these just look good on me, so I'm stocking up while they're still at least somewhat in fashion.

I just love your Doras. I think you got the perfect colors on them, too.

That is so beautiful!

I love it, Annabel. The color is spectacular. :love:

The Capucines is gorgeous, but the WEIGHT. I agree with you that the BB size is the only manageable one to get.

I remember when you first revealed that cute little black and white BB. Stunning.

Thanks for the kind words, @tenKrat !

That's such a great shade of purple

And a few more LV:

Dentelle Speedy: View attachment 4583956

Soufflot: View attachment 4583957

View attachment 4583958

View attachment 4583961 View attachment 4583959

View attachment 4583964

View attachment 4583963

Vivienne:

View attachment 4583960

Carmel:
View attachment 4583967

Petite malle:
View attachment 4583966

Very Chain:
View attachment 4583965
Beautiful bags, I love the colour of your Cluny MM!

You're very brave, i'm far too paranoid. I have a vintage fountain pen but I keep it at home.
Not brave, I am with you, no fountain pens in my bag!

Wow, these are splendid
Thank you! That's so nice of you to say!

Gorgeous round 2 LV bags! :heart:

That shade of purple is amazing :love:
That's such a great shade of purple

Thank you! The color is what sold me--it's one of those bags I picked up in store and just didn't want to put down.

Beautiful bags, I love the colour of your Cluny MM!

Not brave, I am with you, no fountain pens in my bag!
Thank you! I think LV does color really well.

Thanks, ladies. I started collecting LV twelve years ago. I favor the LV-Marc Jacobs aesthetic from that time period.

Did someone mention wanting a City Steamer in a smaller version?
:graucho:

I just went on the LV website, which I haven’t looked at in ages. I found this beauty—-all leather City Steamer in a mini size. It’s gorgeous.
View attachment 4583895
Oh dear… that *is* gorgeous!

What about you?
I don't change much - I stick with what works.
(I frequently think when looking at fashion magazines "wtf :hrmm: - apparently *anything* goes", so I figure I'm never out of style no matter what I wear)
I did this year purchase a pair of leopard heels (only on the toe, the rest is black - I said I was dipping my toe into animal prints - bwahahaa - okay a cheezy pun) and 2 silk Equipment blouses with an animal print. My fear is looking all 'Cougar-ish'… :sick:
Keeping my skinny-ish jeans because they make my legs look 8 miles long, leggings and tunic top (but not a tent-like tunic), and my scarves because - i :heart: them.
I love all of this! I’ve been eyeing the smaller Pallas and small bucket ....yours are beautiful :heart: I love the Musette too! Its too small for you?
It is too small to fit my 'must haves', but if I just carry a card case that would save a lot of room. I do like the bag and used to carry it all the time - now I carry the Vespa, the MZ Wallace or the Picotin when traveling in the summer. But it's such a nice bag, has a lovely lining, and the shoulder drop is very nice. Ugh - am I talking myself into keeping it?
I can say that if it doesn't sell, I'll just keep it.
I have two different LV key cles. The one on top is from the men’s collection. I like it best because it is bigger, and my car key and house keys fit well inside. However, LV no longer makes it. :frown:

The bottom one is the “key pouch”. The key fob barely fits, but my DH put some sort of plastic red cover on my copy of his car key. So if I took it off, the key would fit better inside.
View attachment 4583918

View attachment 4583921
Hrmmm - thank you for showing us this! I'd need the larger men's one - naturally discontinued… :facepalm:
zomg - so many beauties! I love your Maui NF - so cute!