What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
I really dislike DE pattern. It doesn’t do anything for me.

I’m really tired of Virgil doing same things over and over again.... chain this chain that. I mean come up with something new every season and not just variation of different color chains!

It’s one thing to carry a bag with famous LV monogram but do I want to wear a shirt with Louis Vuitton wording all over? I mean I paid enough for LV rtw, I’m not interested to be a LV walking advertisement! I want the rtw well made and not with buttons flying off after just after one wear!

I’m tired of LV pretending everything is very limited and I have to pay 100% upfront months in advance.... and then to see the seasonal bags (that’s suppose to be so limited) everywhere on shelves at NYC, Rodeo, Tokyo boutiques. I guess not that limited after all as anyone can just walk in and buy them. That’s fine, just don’t ask me to prepaid three four months ahead of release and pretend that they are oh so limited. In Kim Jones era, seasonal bags are limited. In Virgil era, we all know most of the seasonal bags can be had just by walking into major cities flagship stores. There is no need to prepaid for anything.

I despise hyper pricing for Virgil seasonal bags. Seasonal bags used to be about 30% more than staple bags. Since Virgil came along, seasonal bags are now priced at over 100%+ staple bags. I do understand pricing of these luxury good is base on demand and not the cost of making these goods. So good for them if they can sell these Virgil bags at these hyper prices! But judging from all the seasonal bags I see in Tokyo, NYC, LA, SF flagship stores, either LV is making too many seasonal pieces or people no longer believe in the hype!

I will continue to buy some LV but I will no longer prepaid for anything. In the mean time, I have diversified into other brands as I’m becoming disillusioned with what LV put out lately. I’m sure I’ll come back full force sometimes down the road. Maybe it’s good to take a break. ;)

I think it's annoying how particular people are about a new bag. Like wow there's a dent/crease from shipping, or a poped stitch or a curve in the stitching? All these things people complain about. I doubt you look at your cars stitching that close. Sometimes I think to myself, geez I wonder if these complainers think they can do a better job.

I don’t understand the ever on going debate about the neverfull’s design. Like why are people trying to make it something or more than what it’s supposed to be?

Yes it’s open, it’s an open tote. Yes it’s casual, it’s a travel/ weekender/ beach tote. I don’t think it was really meant to be worn on a cute brunch with friends? If you wanted zippers, then there’s the totally mm for that. it’s not as cute you think? Well yeah because zipped totes are basically diaper bags. That’s why all the iconic totes even from other brands don’t have zippers.

Also same opinion on de/da print, i don’t get it. Am i the only one who thinks it looks cheap and uninspired? I know women like it because they think it’s “discreet”, like first of all it’s not. The print appears unsophisticated and looks like something you get for free at a department store.

It also reminds me of a transparent background in photoshop. It only works great in those limited edition styles where it has drawings and other prints all over. It’s a nice backdrop and that’s what it is, a backdrop. It needs a subject.

❤️

I don't like the colorblocked stuff either, seems to actually be a popular opinion in this thread! :P They keep making them though, so someone must be buying them :amuse: I think how nice the style is and how it was all a single color or maybe 2 colors it would be a very nice bag. The white/black Damier was a nice idea but the different colored trims ruin it for me.

Expanding on that, I don't see why they don't just make things that would obviously sell really well. Like a white/black Damier with black leather trim. Or a regular monogram Speedy/Speedy B with black leather trim (not make people do MWT for it). Epi bags without all the crazy colorblocking. Make things in quantities so people can buy them. I'm sure it's all profit motivated, but I think they are making plenty regardless.

THIS - couldn't agree more! :cool:

There's a reason people are crazy about e.g. the NeoNoe - because they have the colors that make sense to a wider group of consumers (e.g. monogram with black or the plain black epi - I think both are gorgeous). I wish they made more bags that are just practical and in more 'toned down' color options with canvas.

I'm not a fan of the recent collections; especially the Monogram Giant in khaki, red, jungle etc. is not doing anything for me. I think I might have liked it better if the handles, trim etc. were in vachetta or brown or black leather instead of the black/white mini monogram canvas which I just think is a total mismatch.

I'm more of a traditionalist and I love the Monogram canvas and the classic bags like the Noé. That's what I fell in love with when I first discovered LV and I always come back to that.

I hate the phrase "makes your/my heart sing". When I first heard it on Minks4All's channel on Youtube, it was fine. But now I see it everywhere and it just feels like people are just mimicking influencers and it actually makes me feel a little cringey whenever I read/hear it.

Almost all the colorful things LV has put out recently looks terrible and tacky. Purple and lime green? Who thought that was a good idea?

I don't understand when people try to make a bag into something it's not. Like putting straps on pouches that do not have D-rings for them in attempt to make it an over the shoulder or crossbody bag. Isn't that just annoying when you need to open the bag and you have to worry about it slipping off the chain?

I think it's annoying how particular people are about a new bag. Like wow there's a dent/crease from shipping, or a poped stitch or a curve in the stitching? All these things people complain about. I doubt you look at your cars stitching that close. Sometimes I think to myself, geez I wonder if these complainers think they can do a better job.
Omg I never used to analyze my bags. I would buy them and use them happily, toss them around, use them in the rain. Of course nothing ever happened to them! But ever since I started reading this forum more I find myself examining every square inch of the bag and being terrified to ever use my bags! I probably bought and returned 10 various designer bags this year because I was just being so obnoxiously particular about them. I finally received my last LV as a gift, and told myself to just be happy with it and use it and love it! I can't waste any more energy on the never-ending inspection and anxiety of using my bag. After all, it is really just a purse!

Omg I never used to analyze my bags. I would buy them and use them happily, toss them around, use them in the rain. Of course nothing ever happened to them! But ever since I started reading this forum more I find myself examining every square inch of the bag and being terrified to ever use my bags! I probably bought and returned 10 various designer bags this year because I was just being so obnoxiously particular about them. I finally received my last LV as a gift, and told myself to just be happy with it and use it and love it! I can't waste any more energy on the never-ending inspection and anxiety of using my bag. After all, it is really just a purse!
Amen to that!

Reactions: azure5 and Roie55
I never liked the traditional LV monogram, both the logo and the color. I wouldn't buy a bag that shade of brown without the logos and covering it with the logos it doesn't make it more appealing, but I do realize other people love it.

Reactions: angeljosephy