What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
My unpopular opinion is.. I love that LV is embracing youth and trends! I love the classics and they are the classics for a reason but tbh I was tired of grandma bags. Fashion is all about pushing boundaries. The new prints, bumbags, mini backpacks, mini bags, etc have been fun and refreshing. It’s obvious that they can’t cater to everyone’s taste (the scam bag is that thing your kids will make fun of you for wearing 10 years from now) and that’s okay!

I agree that i don’t like this feeling of creating scarcity. I feel Hermes started it and honestly it put me off the brand (here’s another unpopular opinion for you - I don’t like the look of most Hermes bags and so I’ll never get involved in the buying race :doh:) and now all other luxury brands do it. I don’t like to be rushed, if I’m able to pay I would like to buy when I can, and if its not available, so be it. But don’t try to play on my fear of missing out to spend thousands of dollars :/
This is the exact reason I don’t like buying limited stuff and brands like Chanel n Hermes.

I don't like the colorblocked stuff either, seems to actually be a popular opinion in this thread! :P They keep making them though, so someone must be buying them :amuse: I think how nice the style is and how it was all a single color or maybe 2 colors it would be a very nice bag. The white/black Damier was a nice idea but the different colored trims ruin it for me.

Expanding on that, I don't see why they don't just make things that would obviously sell really well. Like a white/black Damier with black leather trim. Or a regular monogram Speedy/Speedy B with black leather trim (not make people do MWT for it). Epi bags without all the crazy colorblocking. Make things in quantities so people can buy them. I'm sure it's all profit motivated, but I think they are making plenty regardless.

I don't have any Neverfulls but I can see why people like them. Makes sense for a brand to make different versions of a popular style as they know people love that style and it will sell. All brands are going to have items that are for me or not, I can appreciate someone else might like something different than what I like.

I don't get the hype with this new "Scam" Bag. To me, it just looks like a round coin purse, pochette accessoire, and mini pochette with a strap :huh:.

Agree with this. This bag had influencer push written allllll over pre-launch. Instagrammers and stars. They tried waay to hard and also scam factor on prices, lack of design innovation.

Which comes to my unpopular opinion. LV needs new women's director. And even men's line being very "street inspired" I'm against it. Why not go against the grain and do something modern and classic as oppose to following Gucci's foot step?

Do I dare say I'm not a big fan of Speedys? :cool: Don't get me wrong, I love it on other people but I found it to be cumbersome and not fitting very well into my lifestyle.

Neverfulls are not the most exciting but at least it's practical and easy to use. I made it work for me by getting the iKat version, hot pink is my favorite color and it turned a popular bag into something special.

And yes to the "Scam bag". A bunch of SLGs thrown together with a strap? At least LV had the decency to tweak the individual pieces so they're slightly different from existing ones but I can't help but feel like there's an LV inside joke there somewhere... :P

Agree with this. This bag had influencer push written allllll over pre-launch. Instagrammers and stars. They tried waay to hard and also scam factor on prices, lack of design innovation.
Have never rolled my eyes so hard at LV for that. It reeked of desperation. I wonder how many of these bags they gave away to try brainwash the normal consumer to actually pay for it.

Have never rolled my eyes so hard at LV for that. It reeked of desperation. I wonder how many of these bags they gave away to try brainwash the normal consumer to actually pay for it.
I soooo agree with you. Although I didn't know of any other times they tried same in LV? But knowing Dior is part of LVMH and they also got a lot of flack for pulling a same stunt.. but I guess it worked both times. But there ARE smart consumers.. they don't call it a "scam bag" for no reasons.

Reactions: azure5 and MooMooVT

Which comes to my unpopular opinion. LV needs new women's director. And even men's line being very "street inspired" I'm against it. Why not go against the grain and do something modern and classic as oppose to following Gucci's foot step?
But even the price of it. I feel like all of the pieces are cheaper separately.

Do I dare say I'm not a big fan of Speedys? :cool: Don't get me wrong, I love it on other people but I found it to be cumbersome and not fitting very well into my lifestyle.

Neverfulls are not the most exciting but at least it's practical and easy to use. I made it work for me by getting the iKat version, hot pink is my favorite color and it turned a popular bag into something special.

And yes to the "Scam bag". A bunch of SLGs thrown together with a strap? At least LV had the decency to tweak the individual pieces so they're slightly different from existing ones but I can't help but feel like there's an LV inside joke there somewhere... :P
The joke is probably that people will love and buy anything LV :smile:

I love the speedy. I used to think the same way you do but after carrying it, I moved to the dark side. I love that style bag. It’s light (canvas) and holds a ton. Not a fan of DA, most of my bags are classics in mono. I don’t get the scam bag at all. To me it looks like you pinned your small bags to a strap so you won’t forget them like teachers used to pin papers to kindergarteners. I mean I own those slgs and carry them in my bags so why would I want to pin them on a strap that is way overpriced and will be easy to counterfeit on Canal street?
:lol: “Moved to the dark side”.....you never know how things might change! I know that my opinions of some bags has definitely changed as my stage of life changes and progresses.

My unpopular opinion is that my favourite LV items are ‘basic’ classics.

My LV collection is comprised of a few NFs, a Speedy B25, a Neo Noe and SLGs. Thinking of adding a Speedy B30 when I’m in Hawaii so I have one with a bit more space.

I don’t care if these bags are ‘basic’, I don’t care if lots of others have them, I only care that I love carrying them. They’re classic, casual, durable, lightweight and I expect to carry them for many years. That’s the only reason I was willing to spend this much money on them.

$5k bags with hanging bananas, Giant logoed anything, ridiculous looking clipped together it bags...hard pass on them all.

Happy that others love them and don’t care a bit that the company is making them, but I don’t see them at all as a step up from my old school items.

Last edited:

Its a bit like the Pochette Double Zip being a recreation of the Pochette Milla!

Reactions: MooMooVT
I soooo agree with you. Although I didn't know of any other times they tried same in LV? But knowing Dior is part of LVMH and they also got a lot of flack for pulling a same stunt.. but I guess it worked both times. But there ARE smart consumers.. they don't call it a "scam bag" for no reasons.
They’ve done normal marketing through influencers before but never this aggressive. I mean they even have Justin Timberlake wearing it :lol: I wouldn’t even be surprised if marketing this bag was a contingency to giving Rihanna her own LVMH line!

Reactions: azure5 and MooMooVT