Lady Dior clubhouse

Yes the SA showed me all the different leathers materials and colours they had in store for both the mini and nano. They only had two red and one reddish orange called Siena. I didn’t like the sienna colour at all. I had my heart set on a red LD so it came down to the cherry red in patent mini or the Nano matte red. I have seen in the forum a bright red LD in medium but SA said they didn’t have it in mini at the moment. Was wondering if it was worth it to wait for the next season to see if there is a bright red I like in mini size. I even looked online and didn’t see any reds.
I would wait. When the Christmas season comes, boutiques get more stock of classic colours.

Hi ladies! I've been eyeing a mini lady dior in either black or scarlet lambskin. However, I did realise that the hardware on the black comes in champagne gold instead.
Does anyone know if they used to make it in yellow gold hardware like the other sizes?

The black mini comes with silver hardware and champagne hardware with a chain strap, and yellow gold hardware with a leather strap. There are three different variations to choose from.

I wanted to share this article from 2017 about the Lady Dior, from WWD. It tells of the history behind the Lady Dior's conception and its older name.
Dior Milestone: Building a Classic
At 23, the Lady Dior bag has outlasted trends and a shuffling of creative directors.

With its soft quilted leather, modernist hardware and feminine proportions, the Lady Dior bag is a piece of fashion iconography.

The bag — created in 1994 — has outlasted trends, a shuffling of artistic directors at the famed fashion house, and changes in global spending power. Its price tag, about $4,000, also helps isolate the bag from lightning-fast changes in fashion and the economy.

Dior chief executive officer Sidney Toledano was responsible for the bag’s inception. He said of the design: “We worked with the team to create a haute couture bag that needed to have all the codes of Dior in terms of shape, design and something with a strong identity.”

LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton ceo Bernard Arnault hired Toledano from French leather goods brand Lancel to spearhead the bag’s creation. At the time, Dior did not have its own in-house leather goods operation. With a small team, Toledano created a laboratory that devised the bag in three months’ time.

Toledano and his team worked independently of Dior’s then-artistic director Gianfranco Ferré, though they did take care to incorporate some of the Italian designers hallmarks — such as the cannage quilting pattern that Ferré often applied to ready-to-wear.

The team didn’t want to put a logo on the bag itself. They instead decided to spell out Dior in charms suspended from one of its handles.

The original bag was produced in microfiber and was named the Chouchou — a French idiom describing the best in class, a teacher’s pet. Toledano traveled to Florence and purchased an undeveloped plot of land to house Dior’s first leather goods manufacturing facility.

The bag’s “Lady” appellation came a year after its release, when Princess Diana was due to pay then-French First Lady Bernadette Chirac a visit. Dior prepared a bag for Diana as a gift from Élysée Palace.

“Madame Chirac offered the bag and we didn’t hear anything for months. One day I was in Spain, in Madrid, and I received a call midday from London from the person in charge of Dior’s English market that there was a big demand for the bag because Lady Di was on the cover of a newspaper in London with the bag right in the middle of the page,” Toledano recalled.

From there, the bag’s popularity accelerated — generating fanfare in markets stretching from the U.S. to Japan and catapulting Dior into the top echelon of luxury leather goods brands. It continues to be a popular style in Asia, as well as the Middle East and Russia, Toledano said.

Princess Diana continued to purchase additional Lady Dior bags at Harrods in new colors and materials. Dior renamed the Chouchou the Lady Dior bag in her honor in 1995 — nearly a year after its release.

This royal heritage helped bolster the bag’s status as one of the few true luxury purses available on the market. The Lady Dior remains the brand’s best-selling bag, Toledano said — maintaining its standing through a string of artistic directors that have included John Galliano, Raf Simons and now Maria Grazia Chiuri.

“If I take the segment of luxury bags priced at $3,000 or more, the Lady Dior is competing as one of the leading bags. Even at more than $4,000,” the executive said. Toledano declined to provide sales figures for the bag, but noted that the maison has sold “far more” than 100,000 units.

Toledano noted that in addition to Lady Dior’s quality and design ingenuity, its distribution has helped contribute to the style’s longevity.

“When you get a popular bag, you have to be protective. It doesn’t happen everyday,” he said. “When you have something popular you have to be careful with the volume. If people see something too much, they get tired, so we are very careful and control the number of units we sell.”

The Lady Dior is not wholesaled to department stores or third-party retailers, and is carried only in Dior’s own boutiques or handbag shops inside department stores. “The danger is if you sell to a wholesaler they will push it and then they look for the next ‘It’ bag. The handbag category is doing extremely well but needs to be managed differently — the level of service, of personality, how what you have to present is different,” the ceo said.

Toledano began an artist collaboration program in 2014 to modernize and apply a contemporary edge to the Lady Dior’s classic design.

The program has worked with artists including John Cameron Mitchell, Olympia Scarry and Nan Goldin. It was originally devised as an exhibition-only concept, but in 2016 became a commercial pursuit, with limited-edition runs by artists including Chris Martin, Matthew Porter and Daniel Gordon sold in Dior boutiques worldwide.

Martin, who applied signature treatments including paint splatters and glitter to the Lady Dior, said of the project: “When I paint it’s a pretty solitary affair, but this — working in fashion — is very collaborative. The most appealing thing to me is the idea that a Chris Martin is now walking around Hong Kong or London or Paris. The fact that these images are in the world outside is a very cool idea.”

The Dior collaboration was Martin’s first and only fashion tie-up to date. He said the collaboration lent a new understanding of his work to members in his close circle: “My sister-in-law is a lovely woman who lives in Washington, D.C., and dresses impeccably — it was funny to see her reaction. All of a sudden my whole status as an artist really went up from her point-of-view. Initially it was, like, ‘Oh yeah you are an artist,’ to ‘Oh, you’re serious — you worked with Dior.’”

Source: https://wwd.com/accessories-news/ha...o-expensive-outlasts-fashion-trends-10996240/

Haas anyone noticed if there has been some rubbings or scuffing on the inner top part of the handles? This is one of my concerns bc the two handles seem to rub against the inner parts when the handles are being held upright

Haas anyone noticed if there has been some rubbings or scuffing on the inner top part of the handles? This is one of my concerns bc the two handles seem to rub against the inner parts when the handles are being held upright
I noticed there was a little rubbing of the lobster clasp against the outside part of my handles. I wrapped both handles with Mitzahs and it seems fine now. I haven't noticed rubbing between the handles, but I've always had at least one handle wrapped.

I would wait. When the Christmas season comes, boutiques get more stock of classic colours.
Thanks @averagejoe for the help. Ok I snapped up this lovely nano sized baby in a neutral instead. Couldn’t resist. Will have to go back x’mas for a red mini instead. Not the first time I walked in with one item in mind and walked out with a completely different thingDDCB0929-4262-452A-B03E-F7655A27BCB5.jpeg 34AFBA16-BAEC-431F-BFC6-A98F624E6187.jpeg

Reactions: redkitty
Thx @averagejoe, qq, do nano sized lady doors come with an authenticity card and a dust bag like the Chanel bags? I didn’t get them, maybe the SA forgot? Was thinking of going back to the store to ask for them if they are supposed to include it.
Because it is a handbag, you're supposed to get a dustbag and authenticity card. Did the SA just put your bag into a paper shopping bag?

Because it is a handbag, you're supposed to get a dustbag and authenticity card. Did the SA just put your bag into a paper shopping bag?
Thx for quick reply. She did put in a box but there was no card in the bag or the box. She just wrapped the bag in the white paper with a Dior sticker. No dustbag. Is it possible to ask now after 1 week? I remember the SA name. I have never bought from her before so didn’t realise until I got home.

Thx for quick reply. She did put in a box but there was no card in the bag or the box. She just wrapped the bag in the white paper with a Dior sticker. No dustbag. Is it possible to ask now after 1 week? I remember the SA name. I have never bought from her before so didn’t realise until I got home.
Of course it is possible to ask. A lot of times, they stuff the dustbag inside the bag. Did you check the stuffing inside to see if there is a white fabric bag?

Of course it is possible to ask. A lot of times, they stuff the dustbag inside the bag. Did you check the stuffing inside to see if there is a white fabric bag?
Yup I emptied everything in the box and there was no stuffing inside the bag. The nano is tiny so maybe they didn’t bother to stuff it. I think I am on the roll with LD now. Just saw another killer mini sized one in the studded design with block charms!. Will upload pics once I get a chance. I will need your expert advice again @averagejoe as I have not seen the studded LD since 2017 and the strap is different?? The SA was not very helpful and just said yes it was not from this season.

Yup I emptied everything in the box and there was no stuffing inside the bag. The nano is tiny so maybe they didn’t bother to stuff it. I think I am on the roll with LD now. Just saw another killer mini sized one in the studded design with block charms!. Will upload pics once I get a chance. I will need your expert advice again @averagejoe as I have not seen the studded LD since 2017 and the strap is different?? The SA was not very helpful and just said yes it was not from this season.
Is the strap a chain or a thick leather version?

Is the strap a chain or a thick leather version?
It’s a matte black chain like the normal cannage mini LDs. But claws look different not oval with CD stamp. I just wanted to know which season it was from as none of the other SAs knew either when I went to another store and showed it to them. Weird. They said not classic line either. Do LDs have a date stamp in them like LV bags so we can tell when it was made?