Lady Dior clubhouse

I have decided to sell my LD in classic Lambskin due to the zip closure. It is too stiff and I don’t like my slgs rubbing the zip :sad:

It would be perfect if they have the black medium with flap opening. Since there isn’t, I am still seriously considering
1) gun metal metallic calf in medium size (downside is, Metallics might not wear well in long run and could be too loud for work?)

2) small abc LD (tried it in store before but not sure if this size would work well for me. FYI, I’m 5’4 wearing UK8-10)

Not sure which one to get but I really need one of it in my collection!
The ultra-matte ones are made of calfskin and have a flap opening as well. Would you consider one of these?
img_6012-jpg.4372043

Some of the new patent Lady Dior bags have a flap closure now, too. I shared this image earlier in this thread.
1563265946_M0565OWCB_M57H_E06_ZH.jpg

I think the gun-metal is very beautiful and being quite dark, it isn't loud in any way. It's like a dark grey with a beautiful sheen.

I wouldn't go for the ABC Dior if the size may not work. The bag should fit everything you need to travel around with.

Reactions: FashionForwardChick
Hi AJ, thanks so much for your input. I would avoid patent at all costs because it’s really hard to maintain given the humid weather in Singapore. Matt LDs were also in my consideration but I’m not sure if I really like that.

For the medium Metallic gunmetal, I do agree that my concern about it being loud may be invalid haha. But still very concerned about the metallic sheen wearing off especially in Singapore where it’s really humid all year round - not sure if this will make it worse. Another problem is I intend to purchase it in oct when I’m traveling to Korea. The prices there would be cheaper than SG so not sure if seasonal colour like this would still be available.

For abcdior, I feel the capacity should be just right. I normally would carry 2 phones, a small compact wallet, tissues and my AirPods. More concerned about it looking small for my frame. But I like that it can be worn multiple ways - crossbody, shoulder and hand carried.

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
Hi AJ, thanks so much for your input. I would avoid patent at all costs because it’s really hard to maintain given the humid weather in Singapore. Matt LDs were also in my consideration but I’m not sure if I really like that.

For the medium Metallic gunmetal, I do agree that my concern about it being loud may be invalid haha. But still very concerned about the metallic sheen wearing off especially in Singapore where it’s really humid all year round - not sure if this will make it worse. Another problem is I intend to purchase it in oct when I’m traveling to Korea. The prices there would be cheaper than SG so not sure if seasonal colour like this would still be available.

For abcdior, I feel the capacity should be just right. I normally would carry 2 phones, a small compact wallet, tissues and my AirPods. More concerned about it looking small for my frame. But I like that it can be worn multiple ways - crossbody, shoulder and hand carried.
I don't know if humidity can make metallic waxes wear faster, because usually they wear due to greases (i.e. from the hands) and friction. Humidity isn't good for any type of leather anyway. Just be sure to store all of your bags at home in a cool, dry, and dark closet. You can put silica gel packets in your closet to help absorb extra moisture.

Good luck with your choice! If the metallic calfskin is not available when you go to Korea, then I'm sure another equally stunning Lady Dior will be available for you to buy.

Hi my fellow Singaporean! :wave: I totally understand your concerns regarding humidity, may I suggest getting a dry cabinet for all your luxury bags? I did that a few years back after my kelly turned mouldy (forever heart pain!) and it solved my issues once and for all. Best investment ever made in my bag-buying years!

I am considering a patent LD in black though, as more delicate leathers show wear in the corners, especially in a structured bag such as LD.

Reactions: averagejoe

If the My ABC Dior fits everything you need, go for it, as the flap closure is ideal and it definitely will not be too small for your frame.

Hi everyone, I am planning to get my first Lady Dior and I really love to have one of the limited arty ones. However, since they are different every year, do you think they will be dated very soon? Is it better to purchase the classic one? Thank you so much.

Hi everyone, I am planning to get my first Lady Dior and I really love to have one of the limited arty ones. However, since they are different every year, do you think they will be dated very soon? Is it better to purchase the classic one? Thank you so much.
I think that you should purchase what you love. It is a Lady Dior, so even if someone can recognize the year it came from, it is still considered a "timeless" design.

By arty ones, do you mean the Lady Dior Art series which is in the third collection (3.0), or do you mean the embroidered ones like the Nature Ballet series? The Art series have a much higher price tag in some cases. The embroidered ones cost more than the standard Lady Dior as well.

Hi all am venturing into my First Lady Dior purchase. I wanted the smaller size one for evening and was torn between the mini size and the nano size from the children’s wear section. The SA in the store referred me to the children’s wear nano size as I wanted one in red and she showed me the Patent cherry red mini and a bright red nano sized one which is part of the ultra matte range. Does anyone here have experience with both sizes any pros cons to consider? I preferred the brighter red matte nano but like the slighter larger sized mini and I wasn’t a huge fan of shiny patent leather in dark red. SA mentioned a lot of her customers buy the nano size for evening use. TIA

Hi all am venturing into my First Lady Dior purchase. I wanted the smaller size one for evening and was torn between the mini size and the nano size from the children’s wear section. The SA in the store referred me to the children’s wear nano size as I wanted one in red and she showed me the Patent cherry red mini and a bright red nano sized one which is part of the ultra matte range. Does anyone here have experience with both sizes any pros cons to consider? I preferred the brighter red matte nano but like the slighter larger sized mini and I wasn’t a huge fan of shiny patent leather in dark red. SA mentioned a lot of her customers buy the nano size for evening use. TIA
The nano size may not be able to fit your phone, so it means you may have to hold your phone all evening.

The mini comes in a number of different colours and finishes. Have you seen the other variations?

Reactions: redkitty
Hi ladies! I've been eyeing a mini lady dior in either black or scarlet lambskin. However, I did realise that the hardware on the black comes in champagne gold instead.
Does anyone know if they used to make it in yellow gold hardware like the other sizes?

The nano size may not be able to fit your phone, so it means you may have to hold your phone all evening.

The mini comes in a number of different colours and finishes. Have you seen the other variations?
Yes the SA showed me all the different leathers materials and colours they had in store for both the mini and nano. They only had two red and one reddish orange called Siena. I didn’t like the sienna colour at all. I had my heart set on a red LD so it came down to the cherry red in patent mini or the Nano matte red. I have seen in the forum a bright red LD in medium but SA said they didn’t have it in mini at the moment. Was wondering if it was worth it to wait for the next season to see if there is a bright red I like in mini size. I even looked online and didn’t see any reds.