Official Coach 1941 Spring 2020 Thread

So, from Coach on instagram: "Creative director @stuartvevers dipped into the archives for his #CoachSS20 collection and created 78 bags for 78 years of Coach craft, including... [bag pictured, etc.]"

Am I reading this right? 78 bags for the spring collection?

So if you look on their Facebook page there is an album called Spring 2020 with 70 some photos. I'm not sure if each bag is a different style but they are modern versions of a bunch of the vintage bags in nice bright colors. Hopefully they will make some bigger bags cause most of the bags in the photos look teeny tiny...won't even fit a phone (not sure what they are thinking lol). I'm hopeful they will release more bags!

Bought it today in oxblood in Vancouver, I didn't care for the saddle colour in the pebbled leather. But the SA showed me a pic of the smooth leather one coming and the saddle colour to my eye is much nicer so I'm waiting for that one as well. Here's a bad pic of the oxblood, I'll post a better one tomorrow...came to $431 including tax. (I asked the SA about the weird price listing and he kind of shrugged :lol:). 30% off but I had to ask, they were squirrelled away in the back room.
View attachment 4539519
Looks wonderfully squishy and useful. Congrats on the 30% off!

Bought it today in oxblood in Vancouver, I didn't care for the saddle colour in the pebbled leather. But the SA showed me a pic of the smooth leather one coming and the saddle colour to my eye is much nicer so I'm waiting for that one as well. Here's a bad pic of the oxblood, I'll post a better one tomorrow...came to $431 including tax. (I asked the SA about the weird price listing and he kind of shrugged :lol:). 30% off but I had to ask, they were squirrelled away in the back room.
View attachment 4539519
The bag looks great on you! I also own the Duffle in this color and it is one of my favorite bags. I also own the saddle one and feel the same way you do about the color. :smile: I obviously liked it in the store but I struggle with the color now.

So if you look on their Facebook page there is an album called Spring 2020 with 70 some photos. I'm not sure if each bag is a different style but they are modern versions of a bunch of the vintage bags in nice bright colors. Hopefully they will make some bigger bags cause most of the bags in the photos look teeny tiny...won't even fit a phone (not sure what they are thinking lol). I'm hopeful they will release more bags!
Yes, I am interested to see if they make reboots (lol what I am calling the reissues) of the medium to large bags. I am guessing if these little guys are a raging success (ie profitable) they will. But if they make them out of the thinner leather, and line them . . . We’ll see. Since I have such a thriving vintage collection, I don’t know if I can be weaned off the original weight leather :lol:
Yeah those original Coach bags were tiny, from the pre-cell phone 90s! Back in the day, I carried a wallet-check book combo, so those little bags never worked for me on a daily basis.
The Zip Leather bag looks to be true to the size of the original Hadley, and the Zip Turnlock is a bit smaller than the original Quincy!
ETA, well, they have made reboots in prior years a few of the larger bags like Courier and Patricia’s Legacy (much smaller than original) and Classic Pouch. And the Willis reboot, which left me feeling, meh.

Last edited:
The bag looks great on you! I also own the Duffle in this color and it is one of my favorite bags. I also own the saddle one and feel the same way you do about the color. :smile: I obviously liked it in the store but I struggle with the color now.
It seems more like a dyed brown than a natural leather brown right? The smooth leather brown looks more natural based on what my SA showed me.

It seems more like a dyed brown than a natural leather brown right? The smooth leather brown looks more natural based on what my SA showed me.
You might be right! Brown is the color I struggle with the most. And now that I think about it, the natural brown leather I have goes with almost everything whereas the Saddle Peddled Leather Duffle guess with very little. I love the smooth brown leather on the new Duffle!

You might be right! Brown is the color I struggle with the most. And now that I think about it, the natural brown leather I have goes with almost everything whereas the Saddle Peddled Leather Duffle guess with very little. I love the smooth brown leather on the new Duffle!
My SA had just come back from NY and he had a pic of the smooth saddle duffle, plus a different bag in the store that he says was the same colour leather. You might want to take a look...:graucho:. He’s going to call me when they come in.

Please reveal once arrives! Wanted SO BADLY but couldn’t buy! I’ll live vicariously through you!
Ant

Will do! :biggrin:

Do you think they are really going to make 78 different styles? Seems like a lot. :lol:

There are 3 or 4 other styles I wouldn’t mind owning though so maybe they are on to something!