The JADE thread!

Hi ladies! Haven’t posted for a while but have been quietly admiring everyone’s pieces. Am back as I just bought a few new pieces and I’ve finally named one of them and immediately thought of you ladies when the name came to me.

This is Yin Yang and it’s a black and white jadeite bangle. I actually wanted the sister bangle (LINK) originally that has the black/white more evenly split but there was a patch that bothered me a little so I got its sister bangle that has about 1/3 white patch.
View attachment 4480695

When I saw the bangle on the site I immediately thought of this:
View attachment 4480700

And I also got a green nephrite princess (no name)
View attachment 4480696
(You can see the two black/white bangles in the background)

And finally this purple jadeite ring that I’ll need to adjust the size. Love the super high dome.
View attachment 4480697
View attachment 4480698

My search continues for a purple bangle and earrings...

Gorgeous pieces Icyjade! Your lavender cab ring is tdf and so is the diamond ring. I love the yin yang bangle and the bright green nephrite one too:smile:

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
Still shopping my collection, I’m thinking of black thread for this bat/ bamboo pendant, and maybe add a small white bead. I always wear the same turquoise necklace but now I’m trying to finally make necklaces for my pendants. It’s funny icyjade brought up yin yang. I’ve been trying to decide what to do with these. I have two sets, the other has green swirls. I was thinking a big bracelet, but now I’m thinking earrings, as long as they don’t drill them anywhere Incase I change my mind later on.
Sorry, I just noticed my nails, I have no idea what that is. Sand, play doh lol IDK. Been playing with the little guy all day :biggrin:

CRose I think these would make lovely dangly earrings!

Wow!! What a haul!! Congrats on all your pieces! Yin Yang is beautiful! Love the ring too!

Thank you @SmokieDragon! I’m quite happy with my haul indeed. Haven’t gotten any new bangles for a while so two new one is quite a bonanza haha.

The ring is a nice surprise as I thought the cab would be smaller and lighter in color. Here is the vendor pic:
B7D382F8-24F3-4BBC-8761-106C53D7FCE7.jpeg

Ok actually it does look like the big cab but anyway I somehow expected smaller haha

Great pieces icyjade! Love the contrast of Yin Yang and of course I love the nephrite bangle. I really like the floral like ring, it’s a stunner! Beautiful lavender as well.

Thank you @Cyanide Rose! The nephrite is a nice lovely green. And very reasonably priced too so really happy with that. It also has a sister bangle but 54mm and with some black spots. If anyone is interested here is the LINK. IRL the color is like mine.

The floral like ring is a reset of my engagement ring using a ready made setting. Older so need big halo haha. Used to languish in my safe but have been wearing it often since the reset.

Hello Icyjade! Your new bangles and ring are amazing. The luster in Yin Yang is superb. I am glad you got the one without the bothersome patch! The balance of the black and icy white in Yin Yang looks artfully positioned and I can't stop admiring at the smooth lavender jade in your ring. I hope you get it sized soon so you can wear it A LOT. Also, I :heart: this shop! I wish I could afford everything in it :loveeyes:!!!

Thank you @jadeitebear! I do wish that I could bear with the other one as the white part is really much bigger and nicer imo. Ah well. As for the ring I can squeeze my finger in but yeah really need to find time to get it resized.

Talk about full finger coverage lol.
7D714D3B-97DA-40B8-B44A-434EBE1C659D.jpeg

Yeah always fun to go shopping at AAJ. I had also tried a few beautiful rings when I was there.

So many temptations sigh.

Gorgeous pieces Icyjade! Your lavender cab ring is tdf and so is the diamond ring. I love the yin yang bangle and the bright green nephrite one too:smile:

Thank you @2boys_jademommy!

A few more pics that I took today. Switched out Yin Yang to try the green nephrite and really like it. Think I’m really a princess bangle person. Not great lighting to take pics but didn’t have time to take nicer ones...

9C247B21-FDAB-4401-A22C-A49B24EACA3C.jpeg
0D9F085A-FAE0-47ED-A201-3BFBB3713BEE.jpeg

Still shopping my collection, I’m thinking of black thread for this bat/ bamboo pendant, and maybe add a small white bead. I always wear the same turquoise necklace but now I’m trying to finally make necklaces for my pendants. It’s funny icyjade brought up yin yang. I’ve been trying to decide what to do with these. I have two sets, the other has green swirls. I was thinking a big bracelet, but now I’m thinking earrings, as long as they don’t drill them anywhere Incase I change my mind later on.
Sorry, I just noticed my nails, I have no idea what that is. Sand, play doh lol IDK. Been playing with the little guy all day :biggrin:

Would earrings be a bit too heavy?

I really like your bamboo and white bangle. Is that a hetian?

Thank you @SmokieDragon! I’m quite happy with my haul indeed. Haven’t gotten any new bangles for a while so two new one is quite a bonanza haha.

The ring is a nice surprise as I thought the cab would be smaller and lighter in color. Here is the vendor pic:
View attachment 4481435

Ok actually it does look like the big cab but anyway I somehow expected smaller haha

Thank you @Cyanide Rose! The nephrite is a nice lovely green. And very reasonably priced too so really happy with that. It also has a sister bangle but 54mm and with some black spots. If anyone is interested here is the LINK. IRL the color is like mine.

The floral like ring is a reset of my engagement ring using a ready made setting. Older so need big halo haha. Used to languish in my safe but have been wearing it often since the reset.

Thank you @jadeitebear! I do wish that I could bear with the other one as the white part is really much bigger and nicer imo. Ah well. As for the ring I can squeeze my finger in but yeah really need to find time to get it resized.

Talk about full finger coverage lol.
View attachment 4481460

Yeah always fun to go shopping at AAJ. I had also tried a few beautiful rings when I was there.

So many temptations sigh.

Thank you @2boys_jademommy!

A few more pics that I took today. Switched out Yin Yang to try the green nephrite and really like it. Think I’m really a princess bangle person. Not great lighting to take pics but didn’t have time to take nicer ones...

View attachment 4481461
View attachment 4481462

The lavender can is a great size - makes a statement. It’s jade candy goodness
I’m with you - princess are my favourite even though I have more d shape bangles.

Actually, seeing jade in person does help a little but not a lot also. In my home country, most goldsmith shops have jade but the price is astronomical. And not much selection too. I only went there to try out a size (58mm) and they didn't even have bangles in that size, despite having maybe 50 bangles in store. The closest I got to was 59mm. But anyway, the colour selection and the sizing was enough (or rather not enough haha) to convince me that I must order online if I want more choice. Which is what I've been doing since I started buying bangles in May this year :biggrin:

If you can wear 56, maybe you can consider looking at smaller sizes instead of 58? 56 is considered a regular size and much easier to find bangles that size. I was a 58 but dropped to 57 after losing some weight and my jeweller commented that it’s so much easier to find 57 bangles vs 58. If you can squeeze and go even smaller, here are some...
https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...8702&key=6b70a449-8b5a-45b6-b097-8df8205a6eca

https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...99f4&key=6b70a449-8b5a-45b6-b097-8df8205a6eca

And the one that got away (not that I can fit 55 but still...)
https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...86f1&key=6b70a449-8b5a-45b6-b097-8df8205a6eca

Interesting point about wearing the cheaper ones more often than the splurgey ones. It's true that colors that appeal to me standing alone - like lavender! - are not necessarily the best matches for my wardrobe. Still, even if it's a color that doesn't "fit in," I would prefer to think of jade as contrasting rather than clashing with an outfit, lol!

I find it more relaxing to wear cheap bangles. The expensive ones give me mini heart attacks when I accidentally hit them against something (which is often). I mean, I still want a splurgy lavender bangle even when I know wearing it makes me anxious so when I think about it then it doesn’t really make sense to get splurgy ones.

Hello Jadies! I’m trying to shop my collection and I would love to wear this pendant, but I still haven’t found a way to wear it. The hole is inside, so there is a lip that hangs over the hole. Any suggestions? I tried looping over the lip but I don’t like the look at all. Ugh

From what I see stores will usually will add a standard gold bail for such pendants? Maybe if you don’t like plain ones can custom a more blingy bail.

If you can wear 56, maybe you can consider looking at smaller sizes instead of 58? 56 is considered a regular size and much easier to find bangles that size. I was a 58 but dropped to 57 after losing some weight and my jeweller commented that it’s so much easier to find 57 bangles vs 58. If you can squeeze and go even smaller, here are some...
https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...8702&key=6b70a449-8b5a-45b6-b097-8df8205a6eca

https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...99f4&key=6b70a449-8b5a-45b6-b097-8df8205a6eca

https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...86f1&key=6b70a449-8b5a-45b6-b097-8df8205a6eca

Oh wow!!! These lavender bangles are all so beautiful! :biggrin: Thanks for the eye candy!

When I tried on the 56, I couldn't put it on by myself and had to rely on the sales lady to help me while I concentrated on keeping calm. At home, I have no-one to help me so I will stick to 58 haha.

That's so amazing that losing weight can help you drop a size! I've actually put on 3kg in the past 2 years - perhaps I have myself to blame for not fitting into a 56 the way I can fit into a 58! :lol:

Hello Icyjade! Your new bangles and ring are amazing. The luster in Yin Yang is superb. I am glad you got the one without the bothersome patch! The balance of the black and icy white in Yin Yang looks artfully positioned and I can't stop admiring at the smooth lavender jade in your ring. I hope you get it sized soon so you can wear it A LOT. Also, I :heart: this shop! I wish I could afford everything in it :loveeyes:!!!

Great finds, CR! My vote is for earrings. The bamboo pendant would look lovely on you. Mod shots plz ;)

CRose I think these would make lovely dangly earrings!

Thanks JB! I think earrings it is. I will definitely post mod shots :smile:

Hi 2BJM, I am cutting my hair so I think dangles will be perfect! It’s too hot for long hair lol. I think a short bob is in my future ;)

The lavender can is a great size - makes a statement. It’s jade candy goodness
I’m with you - princess are my favourite even though I have more d shape bangles.

It’s gorgeous! It’s a bit small for me. I have lost a bit of weight, so I can get a 56.5 on with lotion. I have purchased so much lately, that I shouldn’t be shopping at all but AAJ has some gorgeous rings. I wish I could find nice gold settings for some of my cabs. I may just have to have some made once I find a decent jeweler close by.

The setting for your diamond is TDF! It’s quite lovely :smile: Finding great settings is really difficult. You can find a lot of sterling silver settings but very few with gold and diamonds.

Reactions: jadeitebear
Would earrings be a bit too heavy?

I really like your bamboo and white bangle. Is that a hetian?

I find it more relaxing to wear cheap bangles. The expensive ones give me mini heart attacks when I accidentally hit them against something (which is often). I mean, I still want a splurgy lavender bangle even when I know wearing it makes me anxious so when I think about it then it doesn’t really make sense to get splurgy ones.

From what I see stores will usually will add a standard gold bail for such pendants? Maybe if you don’t like plain ones can custom a more blingy bail.

They may be heavy. I think I will do a test wrap setting before paying to have them set to see if they are too heavy. I love yin yang, so I purchased them thinking of a bracelet but never did anything with them.

Thanks for your kind words :smile: The bangle is hetian. It is now my everyday bangle and has really great energy. It has a satin finish which was a bit to get used to but I really like it now. Here is a better picture of it. It’s has some dendrites that I really like :biggrin:

For the pendant, gold bails are what I’m looking for. They are hard to find too. I will have to keep looking. I am just using string until I find them. You are quite lucky to have access to such great jewelers and AAJ. I would love to visit a place like that in the future :smile:

Attachments

• 5AF2EA90-346E-451C-80AE-257DFF7B0A72.jpeg
    5AF2EA90-346E-451C-80AE-257DFF7B0A72.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 98
Oh wow!!! These lavender bangles are all so beautiful! :biggrin: Thanks for the eye candy!

When I tried on the 56, I couldn't put it on by myself and had to rely on the sales lady to help me while I concentrated on keeping calm. At home, I have no-one to help me so I will stick to 58 haha.

That's so amazing that losing weight can help you drop a size! I've actually put on 3kg in the past 2 years - perhaps I have myself to blame for not fitting into a 56 the way I can fit into a 58! :lol:

I find that really relaxing my hand, and using hand soap is the easiest way. I actually tend to tense up more in stores so it’s slightly easier for me to wear tight fitting bangles at home. Smaller bangles seem to look nicer on the wrist so I actually prefer them as small as I can fit. Must try to lose more weight. Imagine if I can fit 56.... wah... even more bangle choices haha.

I really want a purple bangle to match these!
6489B350-EE3B-4D48-93F5-449D3A2DE4BE.jpeg

It’s gorgeous! It’s a bit small for me. I have lost a bit of weight, so I can get a 56.5 on with lotion. I have purchased so much lately, that I shouldn’t be shopping at all but AAJ has some gorgeous rings. I wish I could find nice gold settings for some of my cabs. I may just have to have some made once I find a decent jeweler close by.

The setting for your diamond is TDF! It’s quite lovely :smile: Finding great settings is really difficult. You can find a lot of sterling silver settings but very few with gold and diamonds.

Settings are from HK settings wholesalers via my regular jeweller. I also use AAJ to set stuff as their custom settings are nice too.

Thanks for your kind words :smile: The bangle is hetian. It is now my everyday bangle and has really great energy. It has a satin finish which was a bit to get used to but I really like it now. Here is a better picture of it. It’s has some dendrites that I really like :biggrin:

For the pendant, gold bails are what I’m looking for. They are hard to find too. I will have to keep looking. I am just using string until I find them. You are quite lucky to have access to such great jewelers and AAJ. I would love to visit a place like that in the future :smile:

I have a hetian too but it’s 61 (I think) and a bit loose so I don’t wear as often. But is pure white so I had to get it.

Not sure where you stay but if you have a nearby Chinatown or jewelers owned by Chinese should be easier to get nice and reasonably priced settings. I think a lot of settings are made in China factories and then distributed via HK sellers so Chinese jewelers probably will have access to them.

Come visit Singapore! It’s nice and safe just super hot haha. Great food and easy transport. I can rec some places to shop if you come.

I find that really relaxing my hand, and using hand soap is the easiest way. I actually tend to tense up more in stores so it’s slightly easier for me to wear tight fitting bangles at home. Smaller bangles seem to look nicer on the wrist so I actually prefer them as small as I can fit. Must try to lose more weight. Imagine if I can fit 56.... wah... even more bangle choices haha.

I really want a purple bangle to match these!
View attachment 4482222

Come visit Singapore! It’s nice and safe just super hot haha. Great food and easy transport. I can rec some places to shop if you come.

Wow!!! Love your pendants too!

For putting on bangles, I also use soap :biggrin: It really is effortless. For taking off, I've been using a plastic bag - I seem to prefer it that way :biggrin: I'm from Malaysia so I'm used to even hotter weather - I find Sg cooler in comparison and not so humid :biggrin: I've been toying with the idea of going to Sg recently - curious to go to Ultimate Jadeite

The bangle is hetian. It is now my everyday bangle and has really great energy. It has a satin finish which was a bit to get used to but I really like it now. Here is a better picture of it. It’s has some dendrites that I really like :biggrin:

Your Hetian is lovely. This reminds me of a white Hetian bangle that I just missed out on buying a week ago. I messaged the seller to find out the width of the bangle because it wasn't listed and then wanted to buy it after she told me it's 9mm. However, I got distracted by a movie and by the time I logged in 1.5 hours later to buy it, it was gone!!! I was stunned because I'd seen it there for at least a couple of weeks and suddenly, when I wanted to get it, it was gone! Anyway, I managed to get a white jadeite bangle a couple of days later after the seller sent me extra photos so at least I have my white bangle now :biggrin:

Ooh so many pretty pieces in this thread the last couple of days. I made the leap and ordered a new bangle online but I am anxious, I don't think I'll know if I'm happy until I have it in front of me.
CR, hope you are alright, how wonderful to know that jade helped you get through!
And what a pretty pendant. You are so right about trying a look that you think will work and then it just looks weird. I think jewelry design is hard! You have to try things until you are satisfied with the look. How about a big-ish jump ring and a silver chain? I know metal leaves marks though.

Hi mintea, and so wonderful to hear from you! Buying jade online can be scary especially after being burned a few times myself :sad: Definitely go for what speaks to you. As long as it is within your budget and grade A, then what is considered the "good" color, etc. does not really matter. I find there is a huge difference between what I like in pictures and what looks good on me. Which definitely results in a lot of trials and pieces I end up not wearing.

I went for the nephrite princess I thought was too small. It actually fit! I could not resist the look and the price. You can see the lines it left on my hand fitting on. LOL. It is more of a darker green in person than the pic.View attachment 4480159
I really like the spiral engraving on this bangle! The color actually looks lovely in the photo but I get the sense that most jade looks prettier in person. I am scared to get bangles that might be too small to get on/off comfortably... I have put on and taken off a 54mm oval bangle with the help of some hand lotion, but I am more comfortable with 57mm round... >_<

Hi ladies! Haven’t posted for a while but have been quietly admiring everyone’s pieces. Am back as I just bought a few new pieces and I’ve finally named one of them and immediately thought of you ladies when the name came to me.

This is Yin Yang and it’s a black and white jadeite bangle. I actually wanted the sister bangle (LINK) originally that has the black/white more evenly split but there was a patch that bothered me a little so I got its sister bangle that has about 1/3 white patch.
View attachment 4480695

When I saw the bangle on the site I immediately thought of this:
View attachment 4480700

And I also got a green nephrite princess (no name)
View attachment 4480696
(You can see the two black/white bangles in the background)

And finally this purple jadeite ring that I’ll need to adjust the size. Love the super high dome.
View attachment 4480697
View attachment 4480698

My search continues for a purple bangle and earrings...
Wow, what a haul! These pieces are all great and such a variety. The purple color is so intense and reminds me of spring.

The yin yang slices have such a nice floral pattern! I wish I could wear statement earrings but my ears are too sensitive, I end up wearing studs or otherwise very modest looking earrings most of the time. I would be inclined to take them to a jeweler and figure out a bold necklace design incorporating these pieces.

Your Hetian is lovely. This reminds me of a white Hetian bangle that I just missed out on buying a week ago. I messaged the seller to find out the width of the bangle because it wasn't listed and then wanted to buy it after she told me it's 9mm. However, I got distracted by a movie and by the time I logged in 1.5 hours later to buy it, it was gone!!! I was stunned because I'd seen it there for at least a couple of weeks and suddenly, when I wanted to get it, it was gone! Anyway, I managed to get a white jadeite bangle a couple of days later after the seller sent me extra photos so at least I have my white bangle now :biggrin:
Argh, it always works that way... just when you decide you want something, someone else comes to the same realization and beats you to it. At least you got a pretty white bangle in the end!