July 2019 Vuitton Treasures!

Thank you! My reverse was made in 2017. I bought it two months after it came out in the boutique in 2017. It had glazing issues not too long after I purchased it and was repaired. Didn’t have issues again until two years later when I noticed the glazing was starting to lift and I had cracks in the canvas on both sides of where the bag folded. I was beyond saddened when I saw the cracks. I would love another reverse but they’re so hard to get now. I didn’t want the classic monogram nor did I want empreinte as I’ve realized from other bags I’ve sold that empreinte isn’t for me. It’s a shame but maybe things happen for a reason. In the meantime I will enjoy this beauty.
Thanks for the info! I ask bc my reverse was made in the fall of 2018 and the glazing is already coming apart from the canvas. I’m waiting to hear back about if they want to fix it or replace it. I know if they say it must be replaced a new reverse is basically out of the question. So I’m on pins and needles waiting.

I do like the empreinte leather because I think it looks beautiful, especially in the noir pochette metis. What turned me off was that I had an empreinte Artsy and I didn't like how the embossing started to look not as deep as it was when I got it. Keep in mind I had that bag for over four years but I didn't like how when the leather stretches with natural age how it affected the embossing. I figure it would happen with the PM especially since it will be rubbing against denim when I wear it. I use the PM a lot so I know it would be how the leather ages with use which is totally normal. Plus, I have other black flap style bags so I didn't need another black empreinte pochette metis. I do not like doubling up on bags. Hopefully my reasoning makes sense LOL.
Oh yes it does!! Haha thanks for explaining!! :biggrin:

Thanks for the info! I ask bc my reverse was made in the fall of 2018 and the glazing is already coming apart from the canvas. I’m waiting to hear back about if they want to fix it or replace it. I know if they say it must be replaced a new reverse is basically out of the question. So I’m on pins and needles waiting.
Oh no!!!! I'm gutted just hearing that. I'm so sorry that you too are experiencing the glazing issue. I know you must be frustrated having to play the wait game. It really is a case by case and boutique by boutique scenario. The first time, I was told immediately it would be repaired and that they would expedite it as it was so new. It took exactly three weeks here in L.A for the repair. The second time, I was told on the spot that it was deemed defective and that I would be given a credit. My other friend had glazing issues on her reverse in January. It was deemed defective and she received a store credit. Luckily, it only took a few weeks for her to find another one. Hopefully yours can be repaired!

Oh no!!!! I'm gutted just hearing that. I'm so sorry that you too are experiencing the glazing issue. I know you must be frustrated having to play the wait game. It really is a case by case and boutique by boutique scenario. The first time, I was told immediately it would be repaired and that they would expedite it as it was so new. It took exactly three weeks here in L.A for the repair. The second time, I was told on the spot that it was deemed defective and that I would be given a credit. My other friend had glazing issues on her reverse in January. It was deemed defective and she received a store credit. Luckily, it only took a few weeks for her to find another one. Hopefully yours can be repaired!
Thanks. I hope so too. I’m not really bothered by the fact that it happened, I know somehow lv will make it right. It’s just the waiting game. It gives me the shakes. And honestly I love reverse and mono equally so I’d be happy receiving either if it needs to be replaced. I just want it all done so I can use my bag freely again I just love the Métis soooooo much!!!

Found this stunning bandeau at the LV X Pop Up yesterday in Beverly Hills. It’s going to look fab on my Bleu Denim Neo Noe!

i ordered this too! am only collecting on sunday. really tempted to get the silk square too as its too pretty, however i dont have use for it in the tropics much and only use scarves when i travel. are there other ways you ladies use your silk squares?