The JADE thread!

Great color combination! The ring and bangle look great together!
Smokie, the color combinations in your bangle look amazing. The gray looks almost dark purple in the pics. Nicely matched ring as well.
So many colour transitions in your bangle. I love the dark side best

Thanks so much! I feel a great sense of peace with this bangle and it’s so comfortable too! @Cyanide Rose , I didn’t expect that the ring would match so well - a delightful surprise! @jadeitebear , also notice that about the gray part! @2boys_jademommy , the dark side near the green caught my eye too!

Not too matchy at all - the pieces look great together I love your bangle:smile:
Thank you 2boys! The Olmec bangle is one of my favorites. Wearing today: the beads are little black jadeites a really nice seller from Russia sent as a gift with an order. It was actually earrings but I turned them into a bracelet because I do not wear dangling earrings.
Have a nice day, Jadies!
IMG_20190615_123139.jpg

Thank you 2boys! The Olmec bangle is one of my favorites. Wearing today: the beads are little black jadeites a really nice seller from Russia sent as a gift with an order. It was actually earrings but I turned them into a bracelet because I do not wear dangling earrings.
Have a nice day, Jadies!
View attachment 4465240
Nice bead work JB Beautiful bangle of course!

Reactions: jadeitebear
CR, Lemonade is just perfectly cheery and suits you so well!
CR, Lemonade is just perfectly cheery and suits you so well!
Hi JB, thanks so much! It seems so much bigger now with lemonade being a 61 and Pi being 56.5. I tried and I actually got lemonade on my left wrist. So excited I’m hoping it will be ok there, because I wear a tennis bracelet on that wrist. I’ll see soon enough, I’ve never worn a bangle on that side. Just silver and gold bracelets normally, so I’ll see how it goes :smile:

Good afternoon Jade Experts.
I'm new to TPF though I've lurked around the Forum (esp at the Bottega Veneta threads) for a while now.
I was raving to my mum about the collective wisdom (she doesn't quite comprehend the term 'crowd-sourcing') of the internet, and on her behalf, I'd like to ask if you know more about the kind of jade that she has stashed away. She neither wears nor likes them very much, am afraid.
They belonged to my great-grandmother and grandmother who have since passed on and all we know is that some of the pieces date back to the turn of the century (e.g., the hairpin) when the family moved from China to Singapore. Some were re-set in gold in Singapore (1930s-50s) and she recalls my grandmother using the term 'feicui yu'.
That's all we know.
Hope you can help.

Our thanks,
Doncaster42 & Mum
Melbourne, Singapore

Attachments

• QXWC8072.JPG
    QXWC8072.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 96
  • SAJC2680.JPG
    SAJC2680.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 95
Hi jadies, I really really like the color and the translucency of this bangle, however, I find it a bit too thick on me... I do prefer slimmer bangles... what do you guys think?

Mrsblue I think your bangle looks beautiful on you and not too thick at all. I find slimmer bangles and princess bangle tend to be more feminine while the thicker bangles are more modern and make more of a statement. What is the difference in millimetres between your two bangles? And actually now I realize I’ve answered your question based on width and not thickness. You were referring to the thickness/ height of the bangle....In any event I think the bangle proportions look great on you

Good afternoon Jade Experts.
I'm new to TPF though I've lurked around the Forum (esp at the Bottega Veneta threads) for a while now.
I was raving to my mum about the collective wisdom (she doesn't quite comprehend the term 'crowd-sourcing') of the internet, and on her behalf, I'd like to ask if you know more about the kind of jade that she has stashed away. She neither wears nor likes them very much, am afraid.
They belonged to my great-grandmother and grandmother who have since passed on and all we know is that some of the pieces date back to the turn of the century (e.g., the hairpin) when the family moved from China to Singapore. Some were re-set in gold in Singapore (1930s-50s) and she recalls my grandmother using the term 'feicui yu'.
That's all we know.
Hope you can help.

Our thanks,
Doncaster42 & Mum
Melbourne, Singapore

How lovely and special your mum’s collection is! That hairpin is definitely from a different era. I’ve never seen anyone wear a jade hairpin in real life before. Those jade earrings with the dainty pearls are gorgeous and I also love the jade link bracelet. Thank you so much for sharing your mum’s jade from so many generations.

Thank you @2boys_jademommy
Mum is happy to hear your comments. She's getting on in years and last wore some of them in her 20's when my grandma was still alive.
It's the first time in 50+ years they've seen daylight.
Would anyone know from sight via these pictures (sorry that some were blurry) if it's true that these are indeed feicui yu - I assume jadeite, not nephrite?
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy