Online Shopping or In Store which do you prefer

I prefer shopping in store, by far! Things always look different when you try them on, and it's easy to fall prey to the pretty patterns and colors and forget the importance of practicality and your personal style. My first H scarf was a Maxi Twilly that I adore. Afterwards I spent weeks looking online at scarves, both on H.com and resellers. Finally I ordered two 90s just because they looked gorgeous... only to find out that I hate the format and that it makes me look like a flight attendant no matter how I tie it. Similarly, colors that look great online don't necessarily go with my hair and skin tone.

Plus the store and the webshop always have different inventories so it's fun to go check out the goodies in the store which you wouldn't see online otherwise.

Finally, every single SA at my home store is lovely. They're always incredibly helpful and polite and I've never had a bad experience. It makes shopping there a true experience and pleasure... something you don't get just by clicking buttons online.

Actually, if the selection on the website was better, I'd prefer purchasing all my bags online and go to the store for the rest. Unfortunately, this is not the case for the European shop as compared to e.g. the US website.

My SA only works on Tuesdays and Thursdays and due to my work schedule, I usually only make it to the city centre on Saturdays. Hence, going to the boutique during the week requires some planning and shifting of meetings and I've often had to delay my visit to the store as urgent meetings come up on the last minute.
To me, visiting H is stressful, as the commute to the main shopping street is stressful (our office moved basically from being around the corner from H to a couple of kilometers away) and since our city is always extremely crowded with tourists and people from the nearby rural communities. Of course I still prefer touching things and getting inspired, which is why I still try to make it to the store at least once or twice a month, but my office has a post office and I can get everything delivered there.
In addition, since my SA is hardly ever in the store, she either misses out on deliveries or the store only receives negligible stock or stock of products I am not interested in. For that reason, I purchase bags online when I see them popping up, as I know chances are close to zero that I will ever get to touch or see them live at my local H.

For shoes, jewelry, SLGs etc. I am much more patient and the store will transfer products in if needed which is something they won't do for bags (I am not speaking of B/K/C).

Leeet me guess: Munich. if so, we might have the same problem ;)

I've been reading the posts on this thread and find myself nodding to myself a lot. I don't care about bag quotas or whether whoever gets credited, I only care about getting exactly what I want (gosh that sounds so selfish but YKWIM)

I think it depends on the product too. Even when I buy from online I usually send it to a store to pick-up, that way, if it doesn't suit I can return it straight away. If it were huge and heavy like a dinner service I'd much rather H sent it of course.

With scarves I'd rather go to the stores, colours are so off online. A couple of times I've been lucky (online) and bought because they were available on the French (strangely) not/UK. I also like second, third, fourth opinions of friends and SAs as there is often so much to choose from at the beginning of the season.

Fragrance I buy it when I can. They don't always have the right combo in-store, there's no negotiation on this. I think this is the same for little accessories. Obviously, it's easier to get a Rodeo of the right size or whatever from the store if you have a good SA but if I saw something online, why not? Some of these little things are harder to get than combos of certain bags.

Bags, depends if I've ordered it. I've never been able to buy a bag from the shelf yet. If I saw 'it' online I'd jump on it, it would also save me from carrying it home.

I know quite a few SAs in various boutiques but if I was faced with a different set of staff every time I went in (and there boutiques round the world like that) there would be hardly any difference at all to either experience. Having said a couple of us went into a store and booked an appointment for an entire TPF meet the following week and were then shown whatever our collective hearts desired from every dept in that store for hours including stuff we were to sworn to secrecy about (my lips are still sealed). That was absolutely wonderful forward-thinking service on the H teams part and you could never get that via a website.

The most annoying is going in to town to be told to buy it online. At M&S or Debenhams OK, but not at H.