Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you kindly Julide!

Thank you fifi! Pocket square are great for doubling. :yes;

Awww- thank you FugitiveR!

It's spectacular on you!

Bright pastel and perfectly placed! :tup:

Perfect Holsby! (And yay for team pocket square!!!)

Those feathers!!!! :loveeyes:

That is magnificent Croisette!

Exactly!

These are wonderful fifi! That red/blue/gold combination is a real stunner and ties so beautifully!
Thank you so much!

For my twin, Sulfures gav in twill. I should double it up like you did :amuse:
View attachment 4379339
Oh, I love how you positioned the design like that! Gorgeous CW

Thank you, and you're right!

I did tie my SOTD slightly differently today, to show off that gorgeous medallion in the center of Ciels Byzantins (thank you again, @sdsurfchick , for authenticating!) :

View attachment 4379342

I was still hesitant because I also recently picked up Julia Abadie's Brins d'Or, which has a veeery similar colorway, but I love them both, and they're a nice reminder of a trip to Istanbul and Athens a few years ago. (I bought a non-H scarf from a Topkapi Palace museum shop and promptly left it in a rooftop bar. Argh! The colors were almost identical to CB... Hm.)
View attachment 4379348

And know y'all know my favorite color. :smile:
Both are stunning! And, how painful to have lost a precious souvenir like that! But, you amply made up for it with these two beauties... And, I know that Topkapi Palace museum store well... spending way too much time inside and spending waaaay too much money

Both so pretty tied, fifi!
Thank you so much!

Off theme with Sous le Cedre today
View attachment 4379415
I fainted... OMG, I must find this scarf in this CW pronto!

Well, my SOTD is actually my Disaster and Disappointment of the day... I finally received the De la Mer au Ciel that I recently purchased from the Hermès website. But, instead of the one pictured, I received an old, wrinkled, used, snagged and torn surteint De la Mer au Ciel missing the hard identification label. I am dismayed! I wonder whether this scarf will even be accepted as a return without a label and in these conditions. I immediately called Hermès and they were going to run an investigation. Here are pics of my order and a closeup of the scarf I purchased followed by pics of the actual scarf I received with closeups of the care label with the letter S and the hole and snag.

FC964E88-204C-48BC-8140-C8D445009061.jpeg

00C11DD6-790D-48B7-853C-2A6E737B78D5.jpeg

4ED0B57B-0B75-40D8-9FE9-1079E2620A84.jpeg

DB8E5B08-44D5-4DD3-81C2-5A54F5B7EE24.jpeg

5C57E823-0C04-4173-B9DC-1896588CFB58.jpeg

63CA580F-0FFC-4FE8-AA25-45A4441A266C.jpeg

254A1B33-744F-4166-908D-F77301BDBDD6.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, my SOTD is actually my Disaster and Disappointment of the day... I finally received the De la Mer au Ciel that I recently purchased from the Hermès website. But, instead of the one pictured, I received an old, wrinkled, used, snagged and torn surteint De la Mer au Ciel missing the hard label. I am dismayed! I wonder whether this scarf will even be accepted as a return without a label and in these conditions. I immediately called Hermès and they were going to run an investigation. Here are pics of my order and a closeup of the scarf I purchased followed by pics of the actual scarf I received with closeups of the care label with the letter S and the hole and snag.

View attachment 4379499

View attachment 4379497

View attachment 4379485

View attachment 4379486

View attachment 4379487

View attachment 4379488

View attachment 4379489

:eek:That's appalling!

@bobkat1991 thank you so much!!! I’ve always enjoyed your posts and how together you look. :love:
What a sweet thing to say! Thank you, xiaoxiao, and welcome to the scarf of the day thread. You fit right in!

Yes, thank you - it's so cheerful!

Thank you, Cookiefiend!

Absolutely, thank you!

Thank you, xincinsin! It's interesting because in my head it's gray and taupe, but the grays are really all pale ice blues and the browns are very mocha, and somehow it works!

Thank you again, Fifi!

Thank you, Croisette!
FizzyWater I am really honored by your choice to quote me in your signature libbe!

i'm really liking this format! again FdC
O. M. G. Ksuromax, your picture should be on the cover of a fashion magazine!!

Uh oh, now you've done it FizzyWater! I've been trying to avoid that cw of Ciels for some time and my resistance is substantially weaker now that I've seen your lovely pic! And brava for that wonderful quote in your signature; we are lucky indeed to have the lovely bobkat among us; there are more than a few of her bon mots that should be on my bathroom mirror!
I feel so special, textilegirl! I had just re-noticed that quote and commented on it above! Thank you!

I live to enable! :graucho:

And, yes, @bobkat1991 is an inspiration!
You ladies are starting to make me blush!

Well, my SOTD is actually my Disaster and Disappointment of the day... I finally received the De la Mer au Ciel that I recently purchased from the Hermès website. But, instead of the one pictured, I received an old, wrinkled, used, snagged and torn surteint De la Mer au Ciel missing the hard label. I am dismayed! I wonder whether this scarf will even be accepted as a return without a label and in these conditions. I immediately called Hermès and they were going to run an investigation. Here are pics of my order and a closeup of the scarf I purchased followed by pics of the actual scarf I received with closeups of the care label with the letter S and the hole and snag.

View attachment 4379499

View attachment 4379497

View attachment 4379485

View attachment 4379486

View attachment 4379487

View attachment 4379488

View attachment 4379489
fifi, that is perfectly AWFUL! So, so sorry it happened to you.

Well, my SOTD is actually my Disaster and Disappointment of the day... I finally received the De la Mer au Ciel that I recently purchased from the Hermès website. But, instead of the one pictured, I received an old, wrinkled, used, snagged and torn surteint De la Mer au Ciel missing the hard identification label. I am dismayed! I wonder whether this scarf will even be accepted as a return without a label and in these conditions. I immediately called Hermès and they were going to run an investigation. Here are pics of my order and a closeup of the scarf I purchased followed by pics of the actual scarf I received with closeups of the care label with the letter S and the hole and snag.

View attachment 4379499

View attachment 4379497

View attachment 4379485

View attachment 4379486

View attachment 4379487

View attachment 4379488

View attachment 4379489

How horrible! I hope they solve the problem very fast! A shame.

:eek:That's appalling!

What a sweet thing to say! Thank you, xiaoxiao, and welcome to the scarf of the day thread. You fit right in!

FizzyWater I am really honored by your choice to quote me in your signature libbe!

O. M. G. Ksuromax, your picture should be on the cover of a fashion magazine!!

I feel so special, textilegirl! I had just re-noticed that quote and commented on it above! Thank you!

You ladies are starting to make me blush!

fifi, that is perfectly AWFUL! So, so sorry it happened to you.

How horrible! I hope they solve the problem very fast! A shame.
Thanks, everyone! I hope so too. This is completely unacceptable...

Reactions: Addicted to bags

View attachment 4379499

View attachment 4379497

View attachment 4379485

View attachment 4379486

View attachment 4379487

View attachment 4379488

View attachment 4379489
oh, gosshhh.... :eek:
this must be a very well beaten up display piece!!!
so awful!! hope they sort it out quickly and find a perfect one for you!! :hugs:

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi

View attachment 4379499

View attachment 4379497

View attachment 4379485

View attachment 4379486

View attachment 4379487

View attachment 4379488

View attachment 4379489
OMG fifi, it's never a Dip dye but from the carré wash-action ... how could that happen?

View attachment 4379499

View attachment 4379497

View attachment 4379485

View attachment 4379486

View attachment 4379487

View attachment 4379488

View attachment 4379489
Wow. Those are some serious pictures of a definitely-not-new item! I hope that your return is processed swiftly and as painlessly as possible for you. Gosh, and the colorway is different from what was depicted on the website, too.

oh, gosshhh.... :eek:
this must be a very well beaten up display piece!!!
so awful!! hope they sort it out quickly and find a perfect one for you!! :hugs:

OMG fifi, it's never a Dip dye but from the carré wash-action ... how could that happen?

Wow. Those are some serious pictures of a definitely-not-new item! I hope that your return is processed swiftly and as painlessly as possible for you. Gosh, and the colorway is different from what was depicted on the website, too.
I don’t know how this happened. The customer service agent I spoke with was in total disbelief and requested pictures. They were going to get back to me after they reviewed the situation, but haven’t contacted me yet. Thank you all so much!

View attachment 4379499

View attachment 4379497

View attachment 4379485

View attachment 4379486

View attachment 4379487

View attachment 4379488

View attachment 4379489
That's unacceptable! You should receive a new scarf by overnight mail and a gift credit towards another purchase.

Wowww i wonder how this happened !!! I am sorry for this and hope they will fix it soon !!!
And Thank you all for the lnspiration and pictures again this week !!

I only own one scarf on theme and it’s the one i tried to dip dye myself.. wasn’t a success [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
That's unacceptable! You should receive a new scarf by overnight mail and a gift credit towards another purchase.
Oh, I doubt they will do something like that... but, I did ask them to search for an immaculate De la Mer au Ciel like the one I purchased and hold it for me. Thank you!

Wowww i wonder how this happened !!! I am sorry for this and hope they will fix it soon !!!
And Thank you all for the lnspiration and pictures again this week !!

I only own one scarf on theme and it’s the one i tried to dip dye myself.. wasn’t a success [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
My pleasure! Thank you so much! I also wonder how it happened that they carefully packed and sent me an old, damaged scarf that is completely different form the one they sold me. It is honestly an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.