Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm really liking this format! again FdC
Simply stunning!

Contribution to the Cathy Latham Theme week:
Gaucho 45 cm, Beige/Capucine/Marron glace
and
Gaucho 70 cm, Menthol/Gris bleute/Canard.
(From the archives!)

View attachment 4378843 View attachment 4378844
Love this design!

Gorgeous! Especially that Mexique that I adore

Esp. for you, my dear ... amd thank you!

View attachment 4378935
Ties so beautifully

The career of Cathy Latham at Hermès spanned four decades. Here are Brandebourgs from 1972 and Bolduc au Carré from 2007. Both designs feature trompe l’oeil illustrations of ribbons and cording. Brandebourgs features an officer’s jacket full of silk cords, buttons and soutaches, and those embellishments continue to the corners of the scarf with its beautiful passementerie detail. Bolduc au Carré takes classic Hermès ribbons and weaves them together ad infinitum.

Brandebourgs... The last two knots are similar but shows it in different lighting. The first modeling pic was my SOTD yesterday.
1D07900D-1BBC-4F98-939F-0043EB75BF4C.jpeg

8768F0C2-70C5-4EDE-8A4D-0D8F2F2290F9.jpeg

82723D09-345F-4E92-9D8B-436BA33E9B07.jpeg

2FE00E36-4841-4211-9A59-532ECFF7A37A.jpeg

7D900170-95AB-46D3-B483-8CF86A8F53F5.jpeg

Bolduc au Carré. The second modeling pic was my SOTD on Monday.
EBB592A9-F92D-4F27-A41A-21F965C680CD.jpeg

5F15B634-D858-468E-BC3E-D013DAD742EE.jpeg

F804A891-35F2-408D-8557-B9B8D49BDD12.jpeg

10F07131-FC61-46E8-868D-CD11E46A55F8.jpeg

Love this combo!!:flowers:

Thank you kindly Julide!

Your doubling up of scarves are pure genius... Love this!

What a terrific design Pivoines is! and, perfect for the first day of Spring... I’m still anxiously waiting for more CWs to come in at my Hermès store.

Thank you fifi! Pocket square are great for doubling. :yes;

we What a striking colorway of this scarf! I think this tie looks great on you! Why fix what isn't broken?

Yay! Welcome! I am so in love with this design and was very disappointed that none of the colors worked for me. I really hope they release this in a 90 with jewel tones or deep dark pallettes.

Love this! I really like your sense of playfulness with fashion.

Awww- thank you FugitiveR!

It's spectacular on you!

That is spectacular tied moma, so elegant - and your lipstick matches perfectly. I don't really know what "my" lip is but if it's anything like yours I'll take it as a lovely compliment! You look great!

Bright pastel and perfectly placed! :tup:

and
(From the archives!)

Perfect Holsby! (And yay for team pocket square!!!)

Those feathers!!!! :loveeyes:

View attachment 4378935
That is magnificent Croisette!

Thank you so much! I was channelling the super-pale pink lipstick you often wear, that makes you look like a goddess.:love:

Exactly!

The career of Cathy Latham at Hermès spanned four decades. Here are Brandebourgs from 1972 and Bolduc au Carré from 2007. Both designs feature trompe l’oeil illustrations of ribbons and cording. Brandebourgs features an officer’s jacket full of silk cords, buttons and soutaches, and those embellishments continue to the corners of the scarf with its beautiful passementerie detail. Bolduc au Carré takes classic Hermès ribbons and weaves them together ad infinitum.

Brandebourgs... The last two knots are similar but shows it in different lighting. The first modeling pic was my SOTD yesterday.
View attachment 4379195

View attachment 4379194

View attachment 4379213

View attachment 4379214

View attachment 4379196

View attachment 4379198

View attachment 4379200

View attachment 4379199

View attachment 4379201

These are wonderful fifi! That red/blue/gold combination is a real stunner and ties so beautifully!

Looks amazing on you!

and
(From the archives!)

You look great! I love the colors on the 70.

View attachment 4378935
Wow, looks wonderful tied, and of course you have perfect necklace for it!

we What a striking colorway of this scarf! I think this tie looks great on you! Why fix what isn't broken?

Thank you, and you're right!

I did tie my SOTD slightly differently today, to show off that gorgeous medallion in the center of Ciels Byzantins (thank you again, @sdsurfchick , for authenticating!) :

ciels.JPG

I was still hesitant because I also recently picked up Julia Abadie's Brins d'Or, which has a veeery similar colorway, but I love them both, and they're a nice reminder of a trip to Istanbul and Athens a few years ago. (I bought a non-H scarf from a Topkapi Palace museum shop and promptly left it in a rooftop bar. Argh! The colors were almost identical to CB... Hm.)
ciels-brins.JPG

And know y'all know my favorite color. :smile:

Thank you, and you're right!

I did tie my SOTD slightly differently today, to show off that gorgeous medallion in the center of Ciels Byzantins (thank you again, @sdsurfchick , for authenticating!) :

View attachment 4379342

I was still hesitant because I also recently picked up Julia Abadie's Brins d'Or, which has a veeery similar colorway, but I love them both, and they're a nice reminder of a trip to Istanbul and Athens a few years ago. (I bought a non-H scarf from a Topkapi Palace museum shop and promptly left it in a rooftop bar. Argh! The colors were almost identical to CB... Hm.)
View attachment 4379348

And know y'all know my favorite color. :smile:

Uh oh, now you've done it FizzyWater! I've been trying to avoid that cw of Ciels for some time and my resistance is substantially weaker now that I've seen your lovely pic! And brava for that wonderful quote in your signature; we are lucky indeed to have the lovely bobkat among us; there are more than a few of her bon mots that should be on my bathroom mirror!

:eek:
Croisette7 ,Everytime I see this Tahiti cw on you ... I FAINT !!:eek:

These colors are divine!

one is lovelier than the other!! :loveeyes:
those purple feathers!! :hbeat:

Simply stunning!

Love this design!

Gorgeous! Especially that Mexique that I adore

Ties so beautifully

Thank you kindly Julide!

Thank you fifi! Pocket square are great for doubling. :yes;

Awww- thank you FugitiveR!

It's spectacular on you!

Bright pastel and perfectly placed! :tup:

Perfect Holsby! (And yay for team pocket square!!!)

Those feathers!!!! :loveeyes:

That is magnificent Croisette!

Exactly!

These are wonderful fifi! That red/blue/gold combination is a real stunner and ties so beautifully!

Looks amazing on you!

You look great! I love the colors on the 70.

Wow, looks wonderful tied, and of course you have perfect necklace for it!
Thank you all so kindly for your nice comments spinkapallina, moma, ksuromax, fifi, bunnycat & scarf!

View attachment 4379195

View attachment 4379194

View attachment 4379213

View attachment 4379214

View attachment 4379196

View attachment 4379198

View attachment 4379200

View attachment 4379199

View attachment 4379201
Both so pretty tied, fifi!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Uh oh, now you've done it FizzyWater! I've been trying to avoid that cw of Ciels for some time and my resistance is substantially weaker now that I've seen your lovely pic! And brava for that wonderful quote in your signature; we are lucky indeed to have the lovely bobkat among us; there are more than a few of her bon mots that should be on my bathroom mirror!

I live to enable! :graucho:

And, yes, @bobkat1991 is an inspiration!

H003252S-15.jpg

Love it!
Thank you!

Reactions: momasaurus
Status
Not open for further replies.