Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping on the last wagon before we move on
My very first and absolutely unexplored for me format
Jersey
Carre Mors et Filet
Pointe Soleil (???)
i definitely keep the blue one, that's very me
but sooo unsure about the triangle :confused1:
it looks like a good summer cw, but brown? green?? not really my best colours, or comfort zone
You look super in the Mors et Filet ksuromax. It's such a clean cut look. Perfect!

Reactions: ksuromax
I'm sorry to hear about your neck but you must be glad if the worst is over.

This is so beautiful and of course even more fine with its jacquard
Thank you pt - definitely!

I think this is from the first issue. It's slightly wonky colour screening in one corner would certainly suggest so. Although it must have been well worn, I treasure it too much to wear. Sometimes I just take it out to stroke it then put it away again!

I think your UK Charity silks fit this theme? And if so your special edition silks for store reopening and the Queen's birthdays. ;) :giggle:

Plenty of those!

Hermes gave £100 to charity for most of these scarves. For Action on Addiction, Queen's 90 Birthday/Queen's Trust Charity, NBS store reopening, Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 1995, United Nations 50 Anniversary Envol, CSMC World Horse Welfare Charity.

Attachments

• DSC_0671.jpg
    DSC_0671.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC_0152_zpsfchh8fb2.jpg
    DSC_0152_zpsfchh8fb2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 249
  • JACarre_zps5uek6lqt.jpg
    JACarre_zps5uek6lqt.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 254
  • Jubileebrown.jpg
    Jubileebrown.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0493_zps69af4350 (1).jpg
    DSC_0493_zps69af4350 (1).jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC_0532_zpsevkzgjhs.jpg
    DSC_0532_zpsevkzgjhs.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 252
Thank you pt - definitely!

I think this is from the first issue. It's slightly wonky colour screening in one corner would certainly suggest so. Although it must have been well worn, I treasure it too much to wear. Sometimes I just take it out to stroke it then put it away again!

We all probably have a couple of those :biggrin: We are sometimes only temporary custodians

Very apt scarf for the current climate! Lovely shade of blue too.Gorgeous jacquards all. Congratulations on finally acquiring your Clé. Although I rarely wear mine the design is one of my all-time favourites. Here is my CW (piggybacking your jacquard theme, sorry!). No mod shots for a few days as I had a growth cut off my neck a few days ago and am having to cover the wound with lots of Vaseline. Not the best thing to have near your silks!!!! [emoji38]
View attachment 4359270
I love this one every time i see it. Just so beautiful and dreamy in these colors.

03 March 2019-DRAGON'S HOARD: Scarves depicting jewellery or worn with jewellery

Happy Sunday, my dear silky friends! Well, the topic this week is near and dear to my heart since it combines two of my loves and passions: silks and jewelry. Hermès has repeatedly featured jewelry-themed scarves and they are some of our favorites. Also, we all enjoy pairing our silks with our jewelry, be it with museum pieces, or handmade items, or vintage treasures or pearls. So, this should be a fun and interesting week. I’ve actually been collecting vintage, ethnic and museum jewelry for 4 decades... much longer than I’ve been collecting scarves, so in most cases for me, the jewelry came before the scarf. In some cases, the jewelry and the scarf are an uncanny match, such as with the Metropolitan Museum of Art jewelry created for the Scythian gold exhibit in the 1975. The collection of these pieces which are housed in L’Hermitage, was lent to The Met for this historic show and various commemorative museum repro pieces were issued. I started with the torque necklace and soon I had collected every single brooch in the series. Hermès also issued a scarf in collaboration with the exhibit: Cavaliers d’Or. I was in college and at that time Hermès scarves were something my mother wore so I was not interested in the scarf back then. Fast forward 40 years and I pursued this design like crazy... to match my treasured Met Museum jewelry! Here are pics of the jewelry superimposed on the silk. I like to wear the brooches carefully inserted through the knots.

4194152F-299E-465B-859F-9BA23970DBB2.jpeg

9A4D0158-6EDD-4224-886E-45062E9DAD6E.jpeg

F73C652D-57F9-47A1-B6C4-E6E41B2EA1C7.jpeg

7A9FCFDB-CA71-43A6-BFF4-CF08A356838B.jpeg

Through the years Hermès has featured many designs depicting jewelry. Etude pour une Parure de Gala from FW2017 features a magnificent set of matching jewels, or a parure, created by Pierre Hardy for Hermès. Here, I’ve superimposed on it a very special French vintage pair of silver chain mail mesh, crystals and pearls necklaces that I own in trompe l’oeil fashion. So, basically trompe l’oeil upon trompe l’oeil... Although the design has nothing really to do with the parure illustrated in the scarf, I like the looks and drama of it.

CAB93C14-7523-4749-9695-2F70EA1E5311.jpeg

Another jewelry-themed scarf is Parures des Sables, which pictures the ornamented jewels of the desert inhabitants of the Sahara, including the Berber and Tuareg tribes. Here I pair with it a stylistically unrelated but sumptuous jewel: my vintage (1940s) Staret brooch.
6F778E5F-257B-479A-92C4-005FA6F1F0FE.jpeg

Sometimes a piece of jewelry contains a design element that beautifully matches a scarf design, such as these Canadian earrings and pin made from real leaf stampings which I like to wear with my A Walk in the Park scarf.
9B9AC096-9D7A-4BB4-AE8C-3ADD706386B7.jpeg

This vintage enamel Joan of Arc pin and French enamel heraldic crests bracelet were Parisian finds from my college days. The medieval vibe of these pieces goes beautifully with Hourvari.
1B9BA75B-90A8-496A-BDDF-A4EA2DA7A38E.jpeg

These Indian Mughal style earrings nicely complement the beautiful patterns of India, both pieces sharing a similar design aesthetic.
77006892-1EE5-48A8-AE53-FC8348335CAF.jpeg

And, sometimes, the jewelry doesn’t have to do anything with the scarf design per se, but it’s a great pairing. This is the case with this E. Barena Mexican sterling silver shadowbox jewelry set made in the 1940s. I wore it the other night with my Robe de Soir and loved the way the designs of the silver and the design of the cords and ropes on the carré complement each other
50C42DCC-2E59-4FFE-B34C-354446301416.jpeg

This topic presents so many possibilities! I can’t wait to see everyone’s jewelry themed scarves and how we accessorize with our jewelry and scarf combos.

Last edited:
Very apt scarf for the current climate! Lovely shade of blue too.Gorgeous jacquards all. Congratulations on finally acquiring your Clé. Although I rarely wear mine the design is one of my all-time favourites. Here is my CW (piggybacking your jacquard theme, sorry!). No mod shots for a few days as I had a growth cut off my neck a few days ago and am having to cover the wound with lots of Vaseline. Not the best thing to have near your silks!!!! [emoji38]
View attachment 4359270

Lovely scarf!
Feel better soon!!

Reactions: Pautinka
Thank you so much fifi. It's not been the best week of my life, having shingles too (on the other side, thankfully!) ...but a new week looms, the Thing is off my neck and each day I feel a smidgen better. I must just stop sleeping all the time! I feel like I have turned into Oblomov, never leaving my bed.
Trust me, your Clé is every bit as delicious as mine. I love it! The jacquard gives it such a wonderful feel.
Well, I’m certainly glad that the surgery is over and you are recovering. I had shingles over 30!years ago and it was not fun! Wishing you the speediest recovery!

Jumping on the last wagon before we move on
My very first and absolutely unexplored for me format
Jersey
Carre Mors et Filet
Pointe Soleil (???)
i definitely keep the blue one, that's very me
but sooo unsure about the triangle :confused1:
it looks like a good summer cw, but brown? green?? not really my best colours, or comfort zone
I love the Mors et Filet... what glorious blues!

First time ever seeing this design (I think) and what a fine example it is for this week's theme too.
I’ve loved it for such a long time and just couldn’t resist it in pristine condition and at a great price. Besides the wonderful jacquard it also had the blanc shadowing (can’t remember the correct term right now) so it’s very special... Thanks so much!

Plenty of those!

Hermes gave £100 to charity for most of these scarves. For Action on Addiction, Queen's 90 Birthday/Queen's Trust Charity, NBS store reopening, Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 1995, United Nations 50 Anniversary Envol, CSMC World Horse Welfare Charity.
Such special ones! Wow! Twins with you on the UN Envol

it's awesome!! so beautiful!! :loveeyes:
Thank you so much!

03 March 2019-DRAGON'S HOARD: Scarves depicting jewellery or worn with jewellery

Happy Sunday, my dear silky friends! Well, the topic this week is near and dear to my heart since it combines two of my loves and passions: silks and jewelry. Hermès has repeatedly featured jewelry-themed scarves and they are some of our favorites. Also, we all enjoy pairing our silks with our jewelry, be it with museum pieces, or handmade items, or vintage treasures or pearls. So, this should be a fun and interesting week. I’ve actually been collecting vintage, ethnic and museum jewelry for 4 decades... much longer than I’ve been collecting scarves, so in most cases for me, the jewelry came before the scarf. In some cases, the jewelry and the scarf are an uncanny match, such as with the Metropolitan Museum of Art jewelry created for the Scythian gold exhibit in the 1975. The collection of these pieces which are housed in L’Hermitage, was lent to The Met for this historic show and various commemorative museum repro pieces were issued. I started with the torque necklace and soon I had collected every single brooch in the series. Hermès also issued a scarf in collaboration with the exhibit: Cavaliers d’Or. I was in college and at that time Hermès scarves were something my mother wore so I was not interested in the scarf back then. Fast forward 40 years and I pursued this design like crazy... to match my treasured Met Museum jewelry! Here are pics of the jewelry superimposed on the silk. I like to wear the brooches carefully inserted through the knots.

View attachment 4359709

View attachment 4359708

View attachment 4359707

View attachment 4359711

Through the years Hermès has featured many designs depicting jewelry. Etude pour une Parure de Gala from FW2017 features a magnificent set of matching jewels, or a parure, created by Pierre Hardy for Hermès. Here, I’ve superimposed on it a very special French vintage pair of silver chain mail mesh, crystals and pearls necklaces that I own in trompe l’oeil fashion. So, basically trompe l’oeil upon trompe l’oeil... Although the design has nothing really to do with the parure illustrated in the scarf, I like the looks and drama of it.

View attachment 4359710

Another jewelry-themed scarf is Parures des Sables, which pictures the ornamented jewels of the desert inhabitants of the Sahara, including the Berber and Tuareg tribes. Here I pair with it a stylistically unrelated but sumptuous jewel: my vintage (1940s) Staret brooch.
View attachment 4359713

Sometimes a piece of jewelry contains a design element that beautifully matches a scarf design, such as these Canadian earrings and pin made from real leaf stampings which I like to wear with my A Walk in the Park scarf.
View attachment 4359716

This vintage enamel Joan of Arc pin and French enamel heraldic crests bracelet were Parisian finds from my college days. The medieval vibe of these pieces goes beautifully with Hourvari.
View attachment 4359712

These Indian Mughal style earrings nicely complement the beautiful patterns of India, both pieces sharing a similar design aesthetic.
View attachment 4359715

And, sometimes, the jewelry doesn’t have to do anything with the scarf design per se, but it’s a great pairing. This is the case with this E. Barena Mexican sterling silver shadowbox jewelry set made in the 1940s. I wore it the other night with my Robe de Soir and loved the way the designs of the silver and the design of the cords and ropes on the carré complement each other
View attachment 4359714

This topic presents so many possibilities! I can’t wait to see everyone’s jewelry themed scarves and how we accessorize with our jewelry and scarf combos.
drool fest!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

View attachment 4359709

View attachment 4359708

View attachment 4359707

View attachment 4359711

View attachment 4359710

View attachment 4359713

View attachment 4359716

View attachment 4359712

View attachment 4359715

View attachment 4359714

Great introduction, thank you Fifi !

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi

View attachment 4359709

View attachment 4359708

View attachment 4359707

View attachment 4359711

View attachment 4359710

View attachment 4359713

View attachment 4359716

View attachment 4359712

View attachment 4359715

View attachment 4359714

In awe of your jewelry and scarf collections, dear fifi! What an extraordinary introduction for this week's theme! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.