Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone looks beautiful:ps:

Just a funny note; today is Dr Seuss day. I am trying to find my most Seuss like scarf. Will post mod pic later today. :P
Please do! [emoji173]️
Lol, you crack me up but this is so true - we all know each other’s collections so well! We should have a theme week where we call out a scarf from someone else’s collection! [emoji23]
Hahaa - we should do that! What fun that would be!

Saturday night and I’ve gotten home after dropping off the sweet pea - she is worn out and so am I!
Thank you all for the sweet comments, we had a lovely time at the American Girls Doll store - as the mother of three sons... it was an experience and I got caught up in all the excitement too! [emoji38]
So many beauties this week, thank you all for sharing.
One last one from me - a 90cm cashmere/silk - Folklore
IMG_1989.JPG
See you all tomorrow!

I meant off theme but thank you :flowers:
We have themes for the year too, Atb. The past few years, it was Scarf on Site, and this year, we added a second theme "Grab and Go" because SOTD doesn't mean you always have to follow the theme. There are days we just want a green scarf and it's Blue week. Go right ahead and share the pics :biggrin: (commercial break over...)

I'm afraid I don't think I have any rare/retired formats but I do have this from Petit H, H Cube with a RH collar. If anyone remembers me having else that fits the theme please let me know.
I love that Petit H collar. Please do a mod pic the next time you wear it. It looks fab!

Lol, you crack me up but this is so true - we all know each other’s collections so well! We should have a theme week where we call out a scarf from someone else’s collection! [emoji23]
:amuse: Great idea! Anyone with ideas about interesting themes, give Team Scarf Mistress a shout.

Yes, I'm soooo behind. Work is 24/7 lately
I told my mum that a few days ago, and she commiserated, "It's *****-Kim, isn't it?" :shocked: :doh: Had to explain that they were in Hanoi this time and it's just the general grind getting me down :giggle:

I think your UK Charity silks fit this theme? And if so your special edition silks for store reopening and the Queen's birthdays. ;) :giggle:
:tup:

Oh two Evas!! How amazing! It is such a rarely seen design and so beautiful! Would love to see it tied sometime
If we had a theme week for Scarves I've Never Worn, I'd be showing Eva. Someone on another thread said that Eva worn round the neck made her look like the sideshow Bearded Lady :lol: For you Fifi, I will challenge myself to wear this scarf ;)

There are still some BPs at my local boutique. It’s such a special one... Great knot and love it with the earrings
H should send them over to my part of the world. Ugo's designs are always sold out at my H.

Aaaaand, scarf mail! This just in... a design I’ve been searching for far and wide and finally it’s mine and just arrived with the afternoon’s mail: Emblems de l’Europe... a beautiful star jacquard
View attachment 4359124

View attachment 4359123
:faint: Wonderful Olde Worlde cw!

Mousselines have become my favorite format. However with all the cold and rainy weather lately I have not worn any lately, so these are all archive shots. The stole is my favorite format, but I do also have quite a few GM 140 size.
I did add quite a few last year both new and previously owned in anticipation of this format being discontinued.

Rose de compass in NYC harborView attachment 4355952
Under the wavesin a watery CWView attachment 4355953
Iris
View attachment 4355954
Savana dance
View attachment 4355955
Paradis de soie- this was a lucky find last September at Bergdorf G.
View attachment 4355956
Rose compass again- this is my most used moussie!View attachment 4355957
Paradis de soie

View attachment 4355958
Point d’ orgue GM.
View attachment 4355959

Savana dance
View attachment 4355960
These are so magnificent!! Those SD stoles are amazing, and I love the shots with your rose de compass!! Twins on the Iris, and love it!

We have themes for the year too, Atb. The past few years, it was Scarf on Site, and this year, we added a second theme "Grab and Go" because SOTD doesn't mean you always have to follow the theme. There are days we just want a green scarf and it's Blue week. Go right ahead and share the pics :biggrin: (commercial break over...)

I love that Petit H collar. Please do a mod pic the next time you wear it. It looks fab!

:amuse: Great idea! Anyone with ideas about interesting themes, give Team Scarf Mistress a shout.

I told my mum that a few days ago, and she commiserated, "It's *****-Kim, isn't it?" :shocked: :doh: Had to explain that they were in Hanoi this time and it's just the general grind getting me down :giggle:

If we had a theme week for Scarves I've Never Worn, I'd be showing Eva. Someone on another thread said that Eva worn round the neck made her look like the sideshow Bearded Lady :lol: For you Fifi, I will challenge myself to wear this scarf ;)

H should send them over to my part of the world. Ugo's designs are always sold out at my H.

Thanks for the explanation xincinsin!! I got a new CSGM the other day and I can't wait to share a pic now that I know I can :lol:. I'm a scarf newbie so this is still so so so exciting and new for me. I wish I didn't live in a warm climate, because I know very soon I will have to give my babies a vacation.

Very apt scarf for the current climate! Lovely shade of blue too.Gorgeous jacquards all. Congratulations on finally acquiring your Clé. Although I rarely wear mine the design is one of my all-time favourites. Here is my CW (piggybacking your jacquard theme, sorry!). No mod shots for a few days as I had a growth cut off my neck a few days ago and am having to cover the wound with lots of Vaseline. Not the best thing to have near your silks!!!! [emoji38]
View attachment 4359270
Oh dear! I hope that there is no pain and that you are recovering nicely! Positive vibes going out to you! And, your Cle is amazing! I love mine but I honestly much prefer yours. It is luscious!

Saturday night and I’ve gotten home after dropping off the sweet pea - she is worn out and so am I!
Thank you all for the sweet comments, we had a lovely time at the American Girls Doll store - as the mother of three sons... it was an experience and I got caught up in all the excitement too! [emoji38]
View attachment 4359374
See you all tomorrow!
How beautiful this one is! Beautiful design, colorway and perfect knot! I am so glad you spent a wonderful day making memories with the Little One

I love those Old World designs.... Thank you so much! And, yes, I fear the bearded lady effect with Eva, but there must be some way to pull it off... it’s such a spectacular design! Oh how I wish I could play around with one! Please indulge me and model a few knots when you get a chance...

View attachment 4359374
See you all tomorrow!
This is so pretty with the fringe. Sounds like you had an amazing trip. I completely understand the mother of three sons thing; I am the same and am just delighted that my eldest now has a lovely girlfriend that enjoys girly chat!

Reactions: Cookiefiend
We have themes for the year too, Atb. The past few years, it was Scarf on Site, and this year, we added a second theme "Grab and Go" because SOTD doesn't mean you always have to follow the theme. There are days we just want a green scarf and it's Blue week. Go right ahead and share the pics [emoji3] (commercial break over...)

If we had a theme week for Scarves I've Never Worn, I'd be showing Eva. Someone on another thread said that Eva worn round the neck made her look like the sideshow Bearded Lady [emoji38] For you Fifi, I will challenge myself to wear this scarf ;)

Bearded Lady??!! [emoji23][emoji23] That made me chuckle.

It looks fantastic! Even with the room palette!

What beauties! And I notice that the plisses add such a jaunty panache and romantic feel to all the knots, don’t they? You are an artful knotter, but the plisses add just that little more oomph!

congrats! I love this design... such a classic. I adore my Bolduc and Bolduc au Carré

Love it

She is such a cutie pie... and you are, too! And, oh, I remember my daughter just about that age when I took her to the Chicago American Girls Store.. we were there for hours! Thankfully I think almost across the street there was a huge Legos store with all sorts of gigantic LEGO sculptures so that my son wasn’t too bored. I hope you’re having a fabulous time!

Oh two Evas!! How amazing! It is such a rarely seen design and so beautiful! Would love to see it tied sometime

OMG have a fabulous time! How I wish I was there in full costume!

Hahaha! I wish!!

It is amazing!

I adore this design and love your CW

Beautiful scarf on site, @Croisette7 , and how exciting to be at Carneval!
Thank you both, fifi and Elaine ... it is always so amazing!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Oh dear! I hope that there is no pain and that you are recovering nicely! Positive vibes going out to you! And, your Cle is amazing! I love mine but I honestly much prefer yours. It is luscious!

How beautiful this one is! Beautiful design, colorway and perfect knot! I am so glad you spent a wonderful day making memories with the Little One

I love those Old World designs.... Thank you so much! And, yes, I fear the bearded lady effect with Eva, but there must be some way to pull it off... it’s such a spectacular design! Oh how I wish I could play around with one! Please indulge me and model a few knots when you get a chance...
Thank you so much fifi. It's not been the best week of my life, having shingles too (on the other side, thankfully!) ...but a new week looms, the Thing is off my neck and each day I feel a smidgen better. I must just stop sleeping all the time! I feel like I have turned into Oblomov, never leaving my bed.
Trust me, your Clé is every bit as delicious as mine. I love it! The jacquard gives it such a wonderful feel.

Jumping on the last wagon before we move on
My very first and absolutely unexplored for me format
Jersey
Carre Mors et Filet
Pointe Soleil (???)
i definitely keep the blue one, that's very me
but sooo unsure about the triangle :confused1:
it looks like a good summer cw, but brown? green?? not really my best colours, or comfort zone

Attachments

• IMG_20190303_1330157~2.jpg
    IMG_20190303_1330157~2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20190303_1329449~2.jpg
    IMG_20190303_1329449~2.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20190303_1332532~2.jpg
    IMG_20190303_1332532~2.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 201
Love that collar!
I am amused that you also consider that cw of Flamingo Party a neutral - I keep mine (hi twin!) in my ‘Light Neutrals’ drawer. [emoji4]

The debate is interesting because 'neutral' suggests it will work for everyone. . Some scarves which others term 'neutral' would't work for me at all. I think we like/favour similar colours.

That collar was hard fought for, bought in NY Georg Jensen sight-unseen and using a friend's SA and network. Such a great piece, I never would have been able to get it without help.

Very apt scarf for the current climate! Lovely shade of blue too.Gorgeous jacquards all. Congratulations on finally acquiring your Clé. Although I rarely wear mine the design is one of my all-time favourites. Here is my CW (piggybacking your jacquard theme, sorry!). No mod shots for a few days as I had a growth cut off my neck a few days ago and am having to cover the wound with lots of Vaseline. Not the best thing to have near your silks!!!! [emoji38]
View attachment 4359270

I'm sorry to hear about your neck but you must be glad if the worst is over.

This is so beautiful and of course even more fine with its jacquard

Status
Not open for further replies.