The New Mila

So my thoughts on this bag. LV got a lot right with this bag but they got the strap totally wrong. I don’t think the milla will work as an every day bag for me so I traded the gold one (even though I loved the color) for a black one to use on weekends and date nights bc I don’t really care about the strap when I go out for dinner. It was the right compromise for me. The leather is sumptuous and overall it seems well made.
I totally agree with the pro's and cons with this bag. To be completely honest, if this wasn't a replacement bag, I would probably retun it for a Capucines. Did you try the Freedom tote? That had a longer strap and snap closures. Similar size and leather, but more useable for every day.

That is so disappointing to hear but I totally agree with you. So many times, a bag I've really liked has been let down by the strap -- it's too thin for what is supposed to be a work bag, it's not adjustable, or it's a canvas strap for a semi-dressy leather bag. Or, like the empreinte Artsy's, it looks beautiful but is just too stiff and uncomfortable.
So true. That is why I am liking the Capucines better than the Milla, the strap is thicker and feels more sturdy when attached. The Capucines also sits better, on my frame, than the Milla. Although the Milla is a beautiful bag and the leather is amazing, it isn't as tactile pleasing as the Capucines. If that makes sense.

I totally agree with the pro's and cons with this bag. To be completely honest, if this wasn't a replacement bag, I would probably retun it for a Capucines. Did you try the Freedom tote? That had a longer strap and snap closures. Similar size and leather, but more useable for every day.

Didn’t love the freedom tote. Something about the zipper on top was odd. What do you think of Capucines?

Reactions: vinbenphon1
Didn’t love the freedom tote. Something about the zipper on top was odd. What do you think of Capucines?
Love my Capucines. Thicker strap, wears comfortable crossbody. My only tiny gripe (why is there always something. Lol) is the interior is not open plan like the Milla. It is divided into two compartments so carrying bulky items would be an issue. Couldn't fit a standard water bottle in it as you can with the Milla. Mine is the bb size, not sure what the layout would be in the PM size.

Reactions: momofboys
Love my Capucines. Thicker strap, wears comfortable crossbody. My only tiny gripe (why is there always something. Lol) is the interior is not open plan like the Milla. It is divided into two compartments so carrying bulky items would be an issue. Couldn't fit a standard water bottle in it as you can with the Milla. Mine is the bb size, not sure what the layout would be in the PM size.

Is it heavy?

Arggghhhh. I've kept away from this thread as I love, love these bags! They are so beautiful - I love everyone's!!! And so sad to hear about the strap. I love a crossbody but as these are so fantastic reckon I could live without.

Would be a big purchase for me, and I just can't decide which I love more, the vert, safron or purple???

And then I saw vinbenphon1 's Cap, with the sunburst and that is fabulous too!!

*sigh*

What to do, what to do...

I'm also struggling as I've been in love with the bell lamp from the objects nomade too. All similar price... can (if I get any) only get one...

I've been so up and down on this bag so much so that I even annoyed myself, lol. There were two things that bothered me, the strap, as it was too short and too long at the same time, and the leather being quite soft. I am more used to rigid style bags. Anway I am so relieved to finally being able to embrace this amazing bag. I decided to toss the strap away, figuratively, and embraced the slouch by pushing out the sides and just letting it relax. This is how I will use her now.

Attachments

• IMG_4508.JPG
    IMG_4508.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_7838.JPG
    IMG_7838.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 386
I've been so up and down on this bag so much so that I even annoyed myself, lol. There were two things that bothered me, the strap, as it was too short and too long at the same time, and the leather being quite soft. I am more used to rigid style bags. Anway I am so relieved to finally being able to embrace this amazing bag. I decided to toss the strap away, figuratively, and embraced the slouch by pushing out the sides and just letting it relax. This is how I will use her now.

I couldn’t agree with you more— I’m going to enjoy my milla sans strap— I used her last night and was very happy.

Would a bag organizer help with preventing the slouch?