Vestiaire Collective experiences?

Would love some help here. I’m so confused. There have been three of the new Kim Jones Saddle Bags that have sold on VC. There is one for sale now - https://us.vestiairecollective.com/...mme/navy-leather-dior-homme-bag-6762654.shtml

I don’t understand how these have sold for $1500-$1900. These are sold out everywhere. They retail for $2600. Am I missing something? Do people sell fake on. VC?
Yes, some fakes slip through the site though they are not supposed to. Also, VC sets a limit on how high you can price an item. People may have wanted to list higher but VC wouldn't let them, and their choice is either to accept the top price VC sets or not sell on the site.

Hi ladies, I need some help here.
I recently purchased a goyard bag from VC, the bag was shipped from France last week, but it has been under clearance by US custom for 4 days. I called DHL today and they said the package is missing some information so it can not be imported to the US and DHL has contacted VC to let them provide the missing information, but shipper which is VC just requested to ship the package back! I called VC customer support and the support people said there's no notes regarding the recall for my order... So i paid almost 4k for nothing????
Anyone had a same experience?

Last edited:
I recently purchased for the first time from VC and the bag I received has quality discrepancies with how it was advertised. The only comments on the listing were that the straps and corners had patina.
The first problem is the really bad cracks to the piping on the handles - it's very hard to make this out in the listing photos. But, the bag was cheap and I can live with that.
What I can't live with is that the charm came completely broken, and is only loosely held together by one screw, three of the screws are missing.
I've emailed VC and I'm hoping for a pain free resolution!IMG_20190114_172230.jpgIMG_20190114_172253.jpgIMG_20190114_172308.jpgScreenshot_20190109-205025.jpgScreenshot_20190109-205015.jpg

I recently purchased for the first time from VC and the bag I received has quality discrepancies with how it was advertised. The only comments on the listing were that the straps and corners had patina.
The first problem is the really bad cracks to the piping on the handles - it's very hard to make this out in the listing photos. But, the bag was cheap and I can live with that.
What I can't live with is that the charm came completely broken, and is only loosely held together by one screw, three of the screws are missing.
I've emailed VC and I'm hoping for a pain free resolution!View attachment 4305416View attachment 4305417View attachment 4305418View attachment 4305421View attachment 4305422

That should be advertised as a damaged item, VC seems to be really odd, friends who bought and sold with them said they randomly sent items back, which apparently Rebelle does now too, totally lowball the prices and they seem both have no idea or concept about the black label or cheaper lines. If you complain a few times, they will find a fault with the item, in some cases the items came back damaged because they didn't handle them carefully. They really have grown much too big.

There seem to be a few other resale sites popping up here in Europe, usually if they are new they are super careful with the checking and all that, but what some of them charge as commission, that is crazy. Usually if a website charges horrendous commissions, there is not a lot of sense to check for a bargain as most sellers won't list good stuff. I think VC is on the way to self-destruct under the total chaos they have created. There are some other sites out there where they actually bother to reply to you.

Reactions: Romar
VC are now saying that "wear and tear" is normal and expected. I feel like maybe I'm being crazy, because I don't think the dangling charm part being broken, physically in three parts, is normal "wear and tear" [emoji52]

VC are now saying that "wear and tear" is normal and expected. I feel like maybe I'm being crazy, because I don't think the dangling charm part being broken, physically in three parts, is normal "wear and tear" [emoji52]

Damage is not wear and tear, how was it advertised as good or as acceptable? If it is good, their conditions are that there are no damages, just checked on the website

Damage is not wear and tear, how was it advertised as good or as acceptable? If it is good, their conditions are that there are no damages, just checked on the website
It was advertised as acceptable. I think I'm probably going to lose this dispute with them. I just feel that any damage should be noted in the listing. The only description was "the handles and corners are patinad". So the damage to the handles was expected, but the damage to the charm wasn't. Like I said, it was a steal and can be rehabbed - I enjoy a project but I'm just annoyed lol

It was advertised as acceptable. I think I'm probably going to lose this dispute with them. I just feel that any damage should be noted in the listing. The only description was "the handles and corners are patinad". So the damage to the handles was expected, but the damage to the charm wasn't. Like I said, it was a steal and can be rehabbed - I enjoy a project but I'm just annoyed lol

I would honestly go for it, as damages need to be mentioned explicitly, and acceptable means just more wear and tear. I suggest you screen shoot the auction, then give that to your CC company, if you paid with PP do a "Not as described" or "Damaged" you might be stuck with the return costs, but I bet that hurts less than paying good money for that. You know, the funny thing is, a friend of mine wanted to sell a pair of shoes she had worn twice and are in superb condition, she sent me pictures, really stunning Sergio Rossi heels she paid 650 for, they claimed the shoes are not in good condition, I think they must be legally blind, let me dig out the pics, offered with original receipt, box, card, dustbag, apparently they are deemed as "just acceptable" and they do not sell shoes in that condition, they claim....IMG_4095.jpg IMG_4096.JPG

I would honestly go for it, as damages need to be mentioned explicitly, and acceptable means just more wear and tear. I suggest you screen shoot the auction, then give that to your CC company, if you paid with PP do a "Not as described" or "Damaged" you might be stuck with the return costs, but I bet that hurts less than paying good money for that. You know, the funny thing is, a friend of mine wanted to sell a pair of shoes she had worn twice and are in superb condition, she sent me pictures, really stunning Sergio Rossi heels she paid 650 for, they claimed the shoes are not in good condition, I think they must be legally blind, let me dig out the pics, offered with original receipt, box, card, dustbag, apparently they are deemed as "just acceptable" and they do not sell shoes in that condition, they claim....View attachment 4306535 View attachment 4306536
Those are beautiful shoes, VC must be blind!

Those are beautiful shoes, VC must be blind!

LOL, she asked them if they are and got a reply that their hard working "expert team" has deemed them as faulty, we had coffee together and she showed them to me and the pictures, if anything the pictures don't do them justice, she is totally OT with care for her stuff, the original box, original tissue paper, on the front of the box a print out of a picture so she can see what item of clothing the shoes go with. Broke her ankle and can't wear heels so tried to sell a few of them, VC declined Prada boots, Zannotti, Bottega Veneta... All with stupid excuses, now if my feet would just be one size bigger, I would possibly get the bargain of my life and be in shoe heaven.

I think "VC lost the plot" springs to mind

I just checked on their conditions regarding "fair condition" aka "acceptable" - took a screen shot for you, anything that requires repair is rejectedView attachment 4306621

So totally focus on the broken charm and the missing screws, and that the pictures look significantly different to the item received
Thank you for that! I'm asking for a ten percent refund to cover the cost of the repair as I still like the bag, fingers crossed they do the right thing. They seem to be completely random in the quality of their 'inspections', I also suspect they take much less care with lower value items which is a shame.

Thank you for that! I'm asking for a ten percent refund to cover the cost of the repair as I still like the bag, fingers crossed they do the right thing. They seem to be completely random in the quality of their 'inspections', I also suspect they take much less care with lower value items which is a shame.

From everything I read, if you tell them you want to return the bag, they offer a partial refund themselves.

Reactions: crystal_cat
If you look at the sold Birkin bag from the third link and after that comments below ( the buyer complains about some missing accessories) you will see that buyer of the bag already received it which have to mean it passed VC authentication control.