Rolex owners: What do you have?

Mine is a 31mm DateJust with black dial, fluted bezel and diamond markers. I thought I'd get a 36mm, but with the diamond markers, it just seemed and looked flash / obvious on me (I'm only 5,3" and petite) - like I couldn't wear to meetings, with a demure dress etc. The 31 is just right - not at all dainty, but not in your face either.

I've had it about seven months and it's as good as new. I adore it. One thing I would say, however, is that anyone thinking about diamond markers should bear in mind that you can't see the time in the dark, which you can with the plain markers. However, I've no regrets - I'm a sucker for diamonds, I love them against black (I wear a black and diamond Chanel Ultra Ring on the other hand) and they don't add a huge amount to the cost, so I didn't want to kick myself later. It was totally the right choice for me.

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 11.12.22.png Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 11.12.38.png

Last edited:
Mine is a 31mm DateJust with black dial, fluted bezel and diamond markers. I thought I'd get a 36mm, but with the diamond markers, it just seemed and looked flash / obvious on me (I'm only 5,3" and petite) - like I couldn't wear to meetings, with a demure dress etc. The 31 is just right - not at all dainty, but not in your face either.

I've had it about seven months and it's as good as new. I adore it. One thing I would say, however, is that anyone thinking about diamond markers should bear in mind that you can't see the time in the dark, which you can with the plain markers. However, I've no regrets - I'm a sucker for diamonds, I love them against black (I wear a black and diamond Chanel Ultra Ring on the other hand) and they don't add a huge amount to the cost, so I didn't want to kick myself later. It was totally the right choice for me.

View attachment 4292545 View attachment 4292546

It looks lovely on you. The size is perfect. I also love diamond markers. I use my iPhone if I need to see the time in the dark so it's never bothered me

She's here!! She's here!! My new to me 26mm TT Everose & Steel Datejust, jubilee bracelet with a hidden clasp, fluted bezel & diamond markers (I love listing all that out ;) )

Unfortunately when they shipped the watch to me they added the links they had already taken out when I tried it on in the store. So it's too big to wear. Getting it sorted on Wednesday morning. Can't wait to wear this beauty.

IMG_9905.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9907.jpg

IMG_9908.jpg

She's here!! She's here!! My new to me 26mm TT Everose & Steel Datejust, jubilee bracelet with a hidden clasp, fluted bezel & diamond markers (I love listing all that out ;) )

Unfortunately when they shipped the watch to me they added the links they had already taken out when I tried it on in the store. So it's too big to wear. Getting it sorted on Wednesday morning. Can't wait to wear this beauty.

View attachment 4292730

View attachment 4292731

View attachment 4292732

View attachment 4292733
Beautiful!

Enjoy and save those links, ya never know.

View attachment 4292730

View attachment 4292731

View attachment 4292732

View attachment 4292733
So pretty!

Reactions: Louish

View attachment 4292545 View attachment 4292546

Looks beautiful on you! Can I ask what size your wrist is?

I also bought the exact same watch about 6 months ago and at the time, was also deliberating between 31mm and 36mm.

In the end I chose 31mm as I felt the size would be the most versatile between day/night and also the most classic but lately have been thinking I should’ve got 36mm as the 31mm feels quite small.

I still love the 31mm though!

Reactions: MsShooz
Hi all,

Happy new year! I am looking for some input as I am deciding between two TT 31mm oyster perpetual DJs –– am in my early 20s and am looking to wear this well into my 30/40s and perhaps beyond. I mostly mix my metals but lean towards gold/rose gold jewellery as they are more flattering on my skintone!

I believe 31mm fits perfectly (26/28 is too dainty and I wouldn't feel comfortable with anything bigger). Am now thinking if I should go with rose gold or yellow gold, and if so, a black or white dial. I think the option above feels much more 'me' but the bottom feels much more like a safe option/classic that won't go wrong.

Any feedback is welcome!
Cheers xo

Attachments

• E8B273AC-B25C-4999-BC47-78199F6FEC39.JPG
    E8B273AC-B25C-4999-BC47-78199F6FEC39.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 1,129
Looks beautiful on you! Can I ask what size your wrist is?

I also bought the exact same watch about 6 months ago and at the time, was also deliberating between 31mm and 36mm.

In the end I chose 31mm as I felt the size would be the most versatile between day/night and also the most classic but lately have been thinking I should’ve got 36mm as the 31mm feels quite small.

I still love the 31mm though!

I don't wear bracelets and bangles so I'm not sure on size, but they removed three links if that helps?
As for the 36mm, I just didn't like it on me in that style. With the diamond markers, it looked too flash and masculine / sporty. I felt like Liberace / Puff Daddy! But I wear lots of feminine dresses, go to lots of formal dinners and meetings for work, and I'm small, so it just jarred and didn't feel right. My husband wears a vintage 36mm Rolex DateJust with a leather strap and plain markers, and that looks heaps better on me. I would happily wear that and not feel weird. But I think it's the heavy metal bracelet and the diamonds that feel too much in the bigger size (even though the diamonds actually look bigger on the 31mm, because the dial is smaller). I feel like the 36mm size would only go with jeans for me? I have actually just found a photo of the 36mm in the style I have, from when I tried it on at the jewellers. I've put it next to the 31mm, which is what I chose, for comparison.

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 11.17.31.png Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 11.12.22.png

I don't wear bracelets and bangles so I'm not sure on size, but they removed three links if that helps?
As for the 36mm, I just didn't like it on me in that style. With the diamond markers, it looked too flash and masculine / sporty. I felt like Liberace / Puff Daddy! But I wear lots of feminine dresses, go to lots of formal dinners and meetings for work, and I'm small, so it just jarred and didn't feel right. My husband wears a vintage 36mm Rolex DateJust with a leather strap and plain markers, and that looks heaps better on me. I would happily wear that and not feel weird. But I think it's the heavy metal bracelet and the diamonds that feel too much in the bigger size (even though the diamonds actually look bigger on the 31mm, because the dial is smaller). I feel like the 36mm size would only go with jeans for me? I have actually just found a photo of the 36mm in the style I have, from when I tried it on at the jewellers. I've put it next to the 31mm, which is what I chose, for comparison.

View attachment 4293270 View attachment 4293271

Thanks for the comparison photos, they both look really good but yes the 31mm fits your wrist slightly better.

I know what you mean about the 36mm being a bit more sportier/masculine looking and definitely more flashier - I guess it’s on trend for women to wear larger watches these days but the 31mm is probably the way to go if one is after a more classic/timeless look, especially if I’m going to only own one Rolex in my lifetime.

Reactions: MsShooz
Hi all,

Happy new year! I am looking for some input as I am deciding between two TT 31mm oyster perpetual DJs –– am in my early 20s and am looking to wear this well into my 30/40s and perhaps beyond. I mostly mix my metals but lean towards gold/rose gold jewellery as they are more flattering on my skintone!

I believe 31mm fits perfectly (26/28 is too dainty and I wouldn't feel comfortable with anything bigger). Am now thinking if I should go with rose gold or yellow gold, and if so, a black or white dial. I think the option above feels much more 'me' but the bottom feels much more like a safe option/classic that won't go wrong.

Any feedback is welcome!
Cheers xo

I like the black watch on you best

Thanks for the comparison photos, they both look really good but yes the 31mm fits your wrist slightly better.

I know what you mean about the 36mm being a bit more sportier/masculine looking and definitely more flashier - I guess it’s on trend for women to wear larger watches these days but the 31mm is probably the way to go if one is after a more classic/timeless look, especially if I’m going to only own one Rolex in my lifetime.

Yes, I have girlfriends with a 36mm and it looks fabulous, but I think you have to go with what suits your wardrobe, physical frame and lifestyle. I feel the 31mm is the only size that translates well for me from day to night, informal to formal, which is what I need. I would only wear a 36mm in a plain dial personally, but since I wear my Rolex 24/7, I have no need for a second watch.

Reactions: keodi
Hi all,

Any feedback is welcome!
Cheers xo

I agree - the 31 is perfect on your wrist. Both lovely, but you should go with your heart. If you love the black and it feels like 'you' then it can't be the wrong decision. You should feel happy every time you look down at it.