Has anyone tried eyebrow microblading?

I got microblading done last friday, so its been about 8 days now. Theyre healing nicely and it appears that the strokes arent blending together which is great! Heres some photos of them the day of, then some photos of them today! There is still some flaking which can be seen in the photos from today (aka they look a bit patchy) but this is normal since Im only on day 8.

8fbdab4d7331ca2156b997738ad5b9a6.jpg

3f7e1280315c194108e26972b59dc3af.jpg

e281f5acbc18391f70b151338e09d8c9.jpg

f776bac202e921dfdb6dd91e91604890.jpg

1c81bfbafba8763248d6bf64a6a8429f.jpg

b7cf13c3039540c1c31e6bbaa0b293d5.jpg

My brows are extremely thin & sparse, and I've been considering microblading.
Hi :smile:, maybe try gettingyour eyebrows tinted...my eyebrows are thin and sparse as well, but I had my eyebrows tinted, and I am amazed at how much more hair was there that just wasn't showing up :smile: . Might be worth a try

I like the look of them but I would never do it out of fear of the healing process my skin is prone to keloids. I have had my brows tinted which made a huge difference in appearance. I get it done once a month I still have decent amount of hair but it’s gone gray/white. When my esthetician was applying the tint she was surprised how much hair was there. One of the girls I used to work with got her tween daughter eyebrows hennaed for her birthday and they looked great. She’s very fair with blonde hair, she has eyebrows but you don’t really see them. Her mom went with them and was so impressed with the outcome she had hers done and instantly looked 20 years younger. That’s what got me to ask my esthetician about doing henna brows, she hasn’t found a henna that she liked(ingredient wise) and uses a very gentle tint/dye.

I got my microblading done last December, and it was the best money I've spent on "makeup". I didn't have much eyebrows from overplucking, and it was also super uneven. It would take at least 15 minutes for me to color them in every morning, but now that it's done, I just wake up and go. So liberating!

It was also a painless procedure, took less than an hour. It is a tattoo, but I think a tattoo goes 7 layers deep, when this is about 2-3. Its like they are scratching your eyebrows with a small knife and injecting the ink under the skin to give it pigment. Its about half a year for me now, so I can see it fading a bit. I have the option to go in again when I am close to 1 year for a simple touch up and then being good for another year. So it was worth it for me - now I don't buy any eyebrow makeup.

I license tattoo artists (including microbladers) in my state. There has been a huge increase in the number of tattoo licenses in the last couple years because of microblading. So many people are taking a three day course and then opening up a microblading business.
I tell people that having a tattoo licence means they are less likely to give you an infection. They are meeting requirements for public health. Having a license does not mean they are skilled at tattooing. There are no requirements for training.
While requirements will vary by state, having seen what's happening in my state, I wouldn't get microblading. People are seeing this as a good way to make a quick buck. There's no way a weekend course is giving them the practice they need to be proficient.
I also think that these brows are a trend that will fade. 90s gave us skinny brows. 2000s they got bigger. We are now in the age of the Instagram brow. This will be replaced in the next generation with a new brow shape/style. We will look back on pictures of microbladed brows and wonder what we were thinking.

I license tattoo artists (including microbladers) in my state. There has been a huge increase in the number of tattoo licenses in the last couple years because of microblading. So many people are taking a three day course and then opening up a microblading business.
I tell people that having a tattoo licence means they are less likely to give you an infection. They are meeting requirements for public health. Having a license does not mean they are skilled at tattooing. There are no requirements for training.
While requirements will vary by state, having seen what's happening in my state, I wouldn't get microblading. People are seeing this as a good way to make a quick buck. There's no way a weekend course is giving them the practice they need to be proficient.
I also think that these brows are a trend that will fade. 90s gave us skinny brows. 2000s they got bigger. We are now in the age of the Instagram brow. This will be replaced in the next generation with a new brow shape/style. We will look back on pictures of microbladed brows and wonder what we were thinking.
The young lady that does my brows has been a licensed tattoo artist for about 9 years now. Her artistry and attention to detail shows in her artwork and her brows. She laughs at these people that go to these 3 day courses. It takes MUCH more than that.

In the state where I got mine done, sadly, it's not a requirement to be licensed to do microblading.

I had microblading on naturally sparse (not over-plucked) brows and so far I really like it. I am 2 weeks in and will report on the progress, but so far it is subtle to everyone but me (DH can barely see a difference), which is exactly what I hoped.

Reactions: 880