**Hermes Chat**

I still regret not purchasing a Burberry silver metallic bag.....it was gorgeous and would have gone well with a cute pair of silver metallic ballet flats I got at Cole Haan...
There's something about silver shoes . . . they are fun to wear and always get compliments.
I haven't seen silver bags around. Cole Haan did a Kelly green bag maybe 4 years ago and I regret passing on that. Kelly green's another color that doesn't seem to make it into bags very often.
I am so pleased you got a Barenia bag: what a score!
I think permabrass HW is a good idea. There's a mellowness to brass that is very pleasing.

Reactions: BBC
BBC, for those who have had mono, do they have to pace themselves indefinitely or will they recover completely within a matter of months?
You definitely have a son who doesn't want to let grass grow under his feet. I hope his health will continue to improve.

My pediatrician says that Jack is actually recovered from mono (when I had it recovery took over 6 months, but eventually I was all better, too), but he will be more susceptible to illness for the next six months to a year. Plus no contact sports for a month as there is a potential spleen complication. And yes, he is not good at pacing himself! Last night he was telling me about plans he was making for this weekend and I just had to put my foot down. I don’t want him really going out until he is well enough for a flu shot.

There's something about silver shoes . . . they are fun to wear and always get compliments.
I haven't seen silver bags around. Cole Haan did a Kelly green bag maybe 4 years ago and I regret passing on that. Kelly green's another color that doesn't seem to make it into bags very often.
I think permabrass HW is a good idea. There's a mellowness to brass that is very pleasing.
I love Kelly green, it is such a timeless and classic color. Last time I saw one was a Dooney a few years back. They come back time after time. Yes, I love my Barenia Faubourg, but wish it was a 30...the 35 seems a little big sometimes but it is a great workhorse bag :biggrin:...giddy up!

I love Kelly green, it is such a timeless and classic color. Last time I saw one was a Dooney a few years back. They come back time after time. Yes, I love my Barenia Faubourg, but wish it was a 30...the 35 seems a little big sometimes but it is a great workhorse bag :biggrin:...giddy up!

Greeting,

This is my first post in Hermes so apologies if I'm asking this question on the wrong thread.

I just wanted to know if Hermes bags (specially constance) ever sold in Bergdorf goodman? I've an opportunity to buy a vintage, 1980s constance bag and seller told me she bought it from BG in 1982.

Thanks

I’ve been so attracted to green bags lately. I haven’t purchase done but...it’s probably inevitable.
EB, the jewelry pics are fabulous. Love. How fun to see the art on the buildings too.

Greeting,

This is my first post in Hermes so apologies if I'm asking this question on the wrong thread.

I just wanted to know if Hermes bags (specially constance) ever sold in Bergdorf goodman? I've an opportunity to buy a vintage, 1980s constance bag and seller told me she bought it from BG in 1982.

Thanks

Please consider having Bababebi authenticate the bag before you buy it.

Reactions: mia55
Greeting,

Thanks
Welcome, @mai55. I don't know specifically about BG but it wouldn't surprise me. I think Lord and Taylor and maybe also Bonwit Teller sold a Hermes scarf, of the kind that was made specifically for them. Bags?

BG was or is in some sense a sister company of Neiman Marcus. NM definitely sold H bags in the 1980s in their Washington DC store. So it's possible that BG did too, although I don't know for sure.

Reactions: BBC and mia55
Welcome, @mai55. I don't know specifically about BG but it wouldn't surprise me. I think Lord and Taylor and maybe also Bonwit Teller sold a Hermes scarf, of the kind that was made specifically for them. Bags?

BG was or is in some sense a sister company of Neiman Marcus. NM definitely sold H bags in the 1980s in their Washington DC store. So it's possible that BG did too, although I don't know for sure.

Thanks so much, so glad we have such knowledgeable people here. I never knew L&T sold Hermes scarves exclusively made for them. I looked online and seems like Hermes entered US market via Neiman Marcus in 1930s (and withdrew the partnership in 2008? ) so most likely BG sold their bags too as they're owned by the same umbrella company.

So far her story checks out,I'm so looking forward to own a Hermes bag specially lizard Constance. Just way too excited :smile:

Reactions: eagle1002us
Thanks so much, so glad we have such knowledgeable people here. I never knew L&T sold Hermes scarves exclusively made for them. I looked online and seems like Hermes entered US market via Neiman Marcus in 1930s (and withdrew the partnership in 2008? ) so most likely BG sold their bags too as they're owned by the same umbrella company.

So far her story checks out,I'm so looking forward to own a Hermes bag specially lizard Constance. Just way too excited :smile:
Sounds beautiful.
I don't think Lord & Taylor would have had a bunch of Hermes scarves made for them, it was probably just one or two. I saw one on line years ago.

So Hermes got involved in the US market via NM in the 30's? Wow, what a history.
Has the Fairfax, VA Hermes store (across the street from Tysons) been out of business for a decade? My understanding was that H didn't renew Neiman's contract for a mini-boutique. Instead, H opened a new boutique at City Center and that eliminated the need for the Fairfax store. (Which was always cozy and fun to shop in. I don't think of City Center H as being cozy. To me it's not a relaxed vibe b/c it's in such an urban setting.

Hermès did sell scarves at Bonwit Teller. They also used to sell scarves at Barney’s until they moved the NYC flagship from 57th St (I remember it!) to 62nd, basically diagonal from Barney’s. Priscilla ran the H concession at Barney’s and she’s the one who owns the Manhasset boutique. She was just saying how we’ve know each other for 20 years. (It also explains why I have relationships with both Manhasset and Madison.)

Perhaps L&T had the scarf concession before Barney’s. Bergdorf has a counter but unfortunately I just heard it’s going...probably because of the new boutique they’re opening this spring in the meatpacking district.

Reactions: beekmanhill
Hermès did sell scarves at Bonwit Teller. They also used to sell scarves at Barney’s until they moved the NYC flagship from 57th St (I remember it!) to 62nd, basically diagonal from Barney’s. Priscilla ran the H concession at Barney’s and she’s the one who owns the Manhasset boutique. She was just saying how we’ve know each other for 20 years. (It also explains why I have relationships with both Manhasset and Madison.)

Perhaps L&T had the scarf concession before Barney’s. Bergdorf has a counter but unfortunately I just heard it’s going...probably because of the new boutique they’re opening this spring in the meatpacking district.
More interesting intel!

Reactions: BBC