Real Housewives of NEW JERSEY (RHoNJ)

From his ruling, I don't think the judge really wanted to deport Joe: “Based upon the law, I find you deportable and ineligible for any kind of relief. Mr. Giudice, no matter how this turns out, I wish you the best. I decided this case as a matter of law.”

Maybe the judge thinks an appeal will be successful.

I don't know why they did not present more evidence (or were permitted to) of Joe's ties to the US.

From his ruling, I don't think the judge really wanted to deport Joe: “Based upon the law, I find you deportable and ineligible for any kind of relief. Mr. Giudice, no matter how this turns out, I wish you the best. I decided this case as a matter of law.”

Maybe the judge thinks an appeal will be successful.

I don't know why they did not present more evidence (or were permitted to) of Joe's ties to the US.

I have a friend who is an immigration lawyer and she had mentioned that depending on what the crime is,typically deportation is a last resort. I read an article on the Forbes website about Joe and they spoke to an immigration lawyer that said because Joe was convicted of what is considered crimes of moral turpitude and aggravated felonies on top of the fact that he isn’t a citizen is the reason why for the ruling.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ewives-husband-will-be-deported-to-italy/amp/

Just looked this up: green card lasts for 10 yrs
and you can renew it each time.
You should renew your Green Card if you are a permanent resident and your card is valid for 10 years and is either expired or will expire within the next 6 months. You may begin the renewal process by: Filing online Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.Sep 28, 2018
After a Green Card is Granted | USCIS

Just looked this up: green card lasts for 10 yrs
and you can renew it each time.
You should renew your Green Card if you are a permanent resident and your card is valid for 10 years and is either expired or will expire within the next 6 months. You may begin the renewal process by: Filing online Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.Sep 28, 2018
After a Green Card is Granted | USCIS

Green card’s in the period between 1964 and 1989 didn’t have expiration dates( since Joe came to the USA at age one, I’m assuming this was the type he had), so he never had to renew his. My whole beef with his defense of not knowing he wasn’t a citizen was his passport and if he assumed he was a citizen did he ever vote??? It makes no sense to me.