Scarves anyone frame their silk scarves? if so how do you do it?

Need some help here - going to frame Space Shopping and the art place I brought the scarf can’t get it perfectly straight. They do lots of these allegedly and apparently this is a thing with scarfs. Who knew. If it isn’t and I should find someone else let me know! Anyway, I need advice. I can either place the matting over the edge of the scarf to smooth the look of the edge, but it definitely isn’t straight. Or, I can place the matting close to but not overlapping the scarf boarder. Advice welcome! IMG_3301.jpgIMG_3300.jpg

I’ve had several scarves framed over the years, and with the smaller pochettes, the framer stretched the silk and stitched it directly to the board along the rolled hem. The edges stay fairly straight that way. With the 90cm scarves, the silk is too heavy and large for that sort of stitching. They wrap the hem around the backside of the board and lace the edges together across the back of the board with long stitches. This keeps the silk taut with no sagging. I think you might have to go that route, or hide the uneven edges with the mat. Either way, they need to stretch the silk tighter to keep it from sagging in parts. The distortion is more obvious with this design where there’s that straight edge so close to the frame. Hopefully they can figure it out because that’s a great scarf for framing!

Reactions: Marmota
On closer look, you might lose the orange border if they wrap the scarf around the board, so that’s something to consider, but it might look better than an uneven edge.

Ya that is what they told me. If I wrap I will lose the orange boarder and I don’t want to do that at all! It is currently stretched tight and has no wrinkles or sags, but just isn’t perfectly straight. Ugh, I guess I’ll just go with the version that the mat overlaps so it’s not so obvious? It’s so stunning I want to do it justice.Better picture of the overlapping below: IMG_3298.jpg

I had to send mine in three times. Did they stitch all the way down the edge? It looks like it was just stretch on certain points. Most of my scarves were able to be re stretch to straighten the edge. Except my ugo one was just a bit wavy at the bottom.

I had to send mine in three times. Did they stitch all the way down the edge? It looks like it was just stretch on certain points. Most of my scarves were able to be re stretch to straighten the edge. Except my ugo one was just a bit wavy at the bottom.

No stitching. They used fabric tape. They said for the larger scarves there is risk of pulling threads and damage if you pin or sew. Is this not correct?