Scarves anyone frame their silk scarves? if so how do you do it?

Here’s what’s on my frame tonight !
LCC with Notre-Dame cathedral depicted as the heart of Paris ! I’m meaning to explore the scarf more to look for FSH store , reference to brides de gala , and reportedly you can find a saddle too ?
Maybe when I retire I’ll have time :biggrin:

69F7C944-BE37-4F7E-ABDE-3B27C5CAAD25.jpeg

Reactions: TubaMiniKitty
Here's my rendition of what I'm calling my Father's Day adults arts and crafts scarf display.

My entire apartment has UV coating on the windows, something DH learned from his parents who have a lot of art and photographs in their home and live in the southern hemisphere where the sun is strong. So putting something on canvas doesn't scare me although I've still hung it on a wall that doesn't get any direct light.

The reason I'm calling it 'Fathers Day arts and crafts' is because I wanted to get this done on time to display this scarf I wore for my Dad's Celebration of Life a few months ago (red is his favorite color). At some point I may buy the fixation or the Luxury Scarves Collective frame but for now I just want to see how I feel about having a scarf displayed.

After doing some research (including asking ChatGPT to double check that the chemicals in the adhesive weren't bad for the silk) and being inspired by JRTgal and LadyCupid I ended up buying a 36x36 canvas from Blick and ordering some craft magnets and magnetic tape from Amazon. The magnetic tape was black so I figured I would some how hide it under the scarf.

I thought I was going to get it done last weekend but wouldn't you know it, there were horrible shipping delays and Amazon asked me if I wanted to cancel the order. I went to look at other options and noticed a different option, white metal with an adhesive on the back. So that's what I ordered.

I think my dad was looking out for me because the white metal was a lot easier to hide against the canvas. This is pretty easy to swap out as long as I take my time to steam all the creases ;)

407EE35E-193B-4202-8FE7-3370B402C4E7.JPG

Here's some of the WIP photos. Before I unwrapped the canvas and applied the tape to it, I tested it with the plastic still on to make sure the magnets were strong enough to hold the silk.
IMG_6470.jpg

Once I saw that the magnets would work, I measured the canvas to determine how far in I'd need to place the magnetic strip. I then put blue tape as a guide and to keep the canvas clean.

When I taped the metal, I went with a full strip on the top so I could put more magnets if needed, but the bottoms really only need the corners (thanks, gravity) and a strip on the side just to keep things even. Here's my taped up WIP.IMG_6489.jpg