Scarves anyone frame their silk scarves? if so how do you do it?

Wow!:amazed:
You have a wonderful collections. I do have quite a few scarves that are not being worn. Your posting is encouraging me to do the same. I purchased them for the art and details; it’s a great idea to have them displayed so I can always enjoy them rather than have it laying in boxes. These professional framers, is there a name and how do I find them?

Thank you! And that sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm in Canada and I use a company called Framing Art Centre, although I'm sure any professional framer near you would be able to do a beautiful job.

Reactions: JadeFor3st
Reactions: HeartHermes

Attachments

• Into the Canadian Wild framed.jpg
    Into the Canadian Wild framed.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 107
Thank you! And that sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm in Canada and I use a company called Framing Art Centre, although I'm sure any professional framer near you would be able to do a beautiful job.

I reached out to an artist friend and he referred me to his framer. I hope he works on silk too.
I look forward to getting at least the Clair de Lune framed first. The embroidered silver glass microbeads glowing under lights look amazing. It would be nice to have it visibly on displayed at all times.
Thank you for your post and thank you for helping! :flowers:

Reactions: thriftyandlux
I reached out to an artist friend and he referred me to his framer. I hope he works on silk too.
I look forward to getting at least the Clair de Lune framed first. The embroidered silver glass microbeads glowing under lights look amazing. It would be nice to have it visibly on displayed at all times.
Thank you for your post and thank you for helping! :flowers:
My pleasure! That will be absolutely stunning! Please do share photos once you've had yours framed :love:

Reactions: JadeFor3st
It’s stunning! I was also thinking of getting such a gorgeous scarf but I also wonder about the beading.
Could you please share how you would frame it? I have been wanted to do this too but I am not sure. Hopefully it’s not off topic. You can always message me! Thanks!

thanks @stephbb9!

i’m also very new to scarf displays!
absolutely will not trust myself with a DIY job lest i ruin the scarf ;)
i recently sent a couple of my scarves to my local frameshop for pinmounting - according to them this ensures the scarves can still be removed in their original forms should i choose to un-frame them and wear them in the future.
will see how they turn out before deciding if i’ll send this embroidered one over to them.

my SA reminded me again today to always clarify and be sure that the frame-maker does not use glue to mount the scarf due to the irreversible damage it can cause.

Reactions: stephbb9
Could you please share how you would frame it? I have been wanted to do this too but I am not sure. Hopefully it’s not off topic. You can always message me! Thanks!
Many members have shared how they frame their scarves in this thread including exceptional scarves. Please have a look here. :smile:

Reactions: stephbb9
Here’s a more detailed picture View attachment 5289364

It’s not behind glass- I used small pieces of double sided removable fabric tape to attach to canvas - ultimately planning to move it to a different frame/location when we move so I just did it myself; I think it will look better if you get it professionally done!
I LOVE this floating concept. Thank you for the inspiration!

Thank you so much ! Glad you’re a fan of UGO’s Grand Prix - love storytelling scarves !
My frame takes 30 seconds to change scarves so it is wa ko ni today !

FA-BU-LOUS

this is one of my favorite designs of all time, but the only colorway I've been able to find is the rather lackluster grey/ sky blue one. What I would give to have a bright color like yours to put on my wall. .

5FD5219F-044B-4448-B886-6F6DC07E1433.jpeg