Designer shoes for starters - what’s on your list?

A few more to consider: Louboutin Pigalle pumps, Manolo Blahnik BB pumps, Stuart Weitzman 5050 boots and Nudist/Nudistsong sandals.

Another vote for the Manolo Blahnik BB pumps. My favorite are the BB 50 and the BB 70 (anything higher looks unprofessional in my line of business).

Also, I really really love my Jimmy Choo Hyder patent heels. As in like, I am kicking myself for not buying a zillion pairs when they were available (Someone tell me where I can find them used, please!)

After Kate Middleton sang praises, I tried out LK Bennett. It's not bad and the price point is a bit cheaper than some of the other designers of similar quality.

I'd like the kitten heel Christy, are they comfortable? I also like the Dancer style (with the block heel), I think they'd be great for work/shopping.
My NK Beya's are SO comfortable. Really need some more. Have my eye on the orange ones for a fun pop of colour.

Yes kitten Christy is very comfy!

Curious what you ladies would classify as the best designer shoes to invest in?

I am looking to build a solid collection of timeless, go to pieces. I’ve starting to list things I really want to save for it but am always at a cross between styles/colours.

My current wish list is:
-Gucci Brixton loafers (black)

-Valentino rock stud pumps (can’t decide between kitten/100 mm in patent or pebbled)

-Valentino sandals

-Chanel Espadrilles & ballerina flats (black satin/all black)

-Giovanni Rossi Plexi Pump (black/nude)

-YSL tribute pumps (colour tbd)

-Hermes Oran sandal (brown/black)

-Chloe Susanna booties (gold/black hardware)

This thread has been so helpful for me as I’m hoping to build a classic and timeless designer shoe collection as well. Thanks so much for posting!

I love Maureen mules by Malone Saulier. I own several pairs in different colors, finishes and heels (they may be flat, 7.5 cm and 10 cm if I remember it right). Love them, very comfortable in spite of my bunions ( which they cover) IMG_0005.jpg

And love Oasis Hermes, especially in ostrich or lizard. They are better for flat feet than Orans.

Last edited:
I love Maureen mules by Malone Saulier. I own several pairs in different colors, finishes and heels (they may be flat, 7.5 cm and 10 cm if I remember it right). Love them, very comfortable in spite of my bunions ( which they cover) View attachment 4197762

And love Oasis Hermes, especially in ostrich or lizard. They are better for flat feet than Orans.
Is it true that the maureen Myles run half size small? So if I'm a 7, I should get 7.5?

How do you ladies feel about adding designer Espadrilles to your collection? I’m thinking of the Pilar Double GG Gucci ones in black but can’t decide if I should get those or the Jordaans. I have two Princetowns (red and black ) already, Gucci Ace and a ton of Golden Goose Sneakers. Just not sure if I want to spend the money on a shoe that I can’t really wear all year round....

How do you ladies feel about adding designer Espadrilles to your collection? I’m thinking of the Pilar Double GG Gucci ones in black but can’t decide if I should get those or the Jordaans. I have two Princetowns (red and black ) already, Gucci Ace and a ton of Golden Goose Sneakers. Just not sure if I want to spend the money on a shoe that I can’t really wear all year round....

I love my Chanel and jimmy choo espadrilles. They are very comfortable and worth the money. Definitely have held up well.

I love my Chanel and jimmy choo espadrilles. They are very comfortable and worth the money. Definitely have held up well.

Thank you! I usually end up buying like two pairs of TB espadrilles and they never work out or they fall apart. So, I’m thinking maybe the investment is in order. I love Chanel ones but sadly they come up too high on the top of my foot.

C070ECBD-EF56-4B7C-96C5-A015230F5E96.jpeg Hey Ladies,
Purchased a pre-loved Lambskin CF over this past Xmas holiday from FASHIONPHILE. It was a complete disaster (never again) 1st preloved purchase gone horribly wrong. But that’s an entirely different story for another forum room shall I choose to vent. However, I returned the bag and decided that instead of buying anything CHANEL (last year was busy:facepalm:) this year I’d start one hell of a designer shoe collection.
I’m in my early thirties and felt it about time to start collecting timeless classic footwear. Shoes that will stand the test of time and trends. So each month I will purchase a new pair. With the help of you lovely knowledgeable ladies I’ll be sure to invest wisely. Please recommend any shoes you think I should consider. These are my Jan., Feb., & Mar. picks. I haven’t worn any out yet. Trying to break them in for they day I debut them :biggrin:. Some are harder than others (CL’s :wtf::cursing:)

View attachment 4362063 Hey Ladies,
Purchased a pre-loved Lambskin CF over this past Xmas holiday from FASHIONPHILE. It was a complete disaster (never again) 1st preloved purchase gone horribly wrong. But that’s an entirely different story for another forum room shall I choose to vent. However, I returned the bag and decided that instead of buying anything CHANEL (last year was busy:facepalm:) this year I’d start one hell of a designer shoe collection.
I’m in my early thirties and felt it about time to start collecting timeless classic footwear. Shoes that will stand the test of time and trends. So each month I will purchase a new pair. With the help of you lovely knowledgeable ladies I’ll be sure to invest wisely. Please recommend any shoes you think I should consider. These are my Jan., Feb., & Mar. picks. I haven’t worn any out yet. Trying to break them in for they day I debut them :biggrin:. Some are harder than others (CL’s :wtf::cursing:)

Nice purchases so far! I’d say you’re picking some awesome classics. I too am eyeing the black plexi pump. Can I ask how those fit in comparison to your rockstud pumps? I have my rockstuds in 38.5. I haven’t seen the plexis anywhere near me so I think I’ll have to order mine online. Thanks!

Nice purchases so far! I’d say you’re picking some awesome classics. I too am eyeing the black plexi pump. Can I ask how those fit in comparison to your rockstud pumps? I have my rockstuds in 38.5. I haven’t seen the plexis anywhere near me so I think I’ll have to order mine online. Thanks!
I think the plexi’s are pretty TTS. They are the most comfortable out of the bunch for sure. Full disclosure, they are the 85mm height compared to the 100mm in the other two. However, they were comfortable immediately. No pinching in the toe box at all for me. My prediction is that the plexi pumps will be my favorite:hbeat:. They are ridiculously comfortable. More importantly they go with EVERYTHING! Outfit pairing options are endless. Work/Party/Weekend/Date. Will definitely buy more color options of these. May even shoot for the 100mm.

The rockstuds ran a tad small. Half size but I went up a full size. I personally prefer my heel not to stop right at the edge in slingbacks style shoes. Still comfortable and very wearable for a 100mm heel. Toe box is generous. Straps don’t seem to dig. I give them a thumbs up.

I am a true believer that there is a huge difference in quality and materials used between designer footwear and other lesser brands EXCEPT for espadrilles and jellies

Really appreciate your perspective. I am new to luxury shoes and purchased the black YSL leather esapdrilles at a discount ($410 marked down from $525). The quality is amazing, full leather lined and insoles, and the style seemed classic and timeless. I assumed I could wear them for 5-10 years. But I am new to espadrilles as well, so I'm not sure if this is the norm. can you speak more to this? They are brand new, should I put them on resale?